Is 12 too young to practice witchcraft?

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
ChanelJinxT2011

Is 12 too young to practice witchcraft?

Post by ChanelJinxT2011 »

I am 12 this year and ,well... that one more year to becoming a teen so, am I too young to join witchcraft?
ChanelJinxT2011

Re: Age problems.

And I find things difficult for me cuz I am thinking about getting something from a local witchcraft store. but obviously i cant. my best friend is the only soul on this earth that knows I am a witch (excluding you guys obviously). Well, the thing is we dont see how we can get there! I cant tell my parents, or at least not just yet, and I told my bestie not to tell anyone or I will put a memory losing spell on her. obviously having less people knowing is best.
Oh, and I almost forgotten. My book of shadows. I am really afraid some one might see it(I am using a binder). My cousins come over often and they alwas mess with my stuff, and, well u get the picture right?
Rosewolf

Post by Rosewolf »

I don't think you are too young to practise witchcraft but I do think that being open and honest with people is the best way forward. Maybe use words like "wiccan" (if you are, obviously not if you don't follow Wicca) or "nature witch" or "hedge witch," rather than just telling them you are a witch. Try to put across the positive nature elements to allay any stereotypical fears they may have about witches.

You could keep a book of shadows on here, I believe Starwitch has kindly set up a section where people can keep their online book of shadows which is handy for privacy. Or you could buy a locking suspension file and put all your loose notes in there. Another suggestion (though it could be a bit of a pain!) is to write your BoS in code so even if somebody does find it, they won't understand a word of it.

Good luck with it all x
ChanelJinxT2011

Thanks Rosewolf! Its just that I dont really trust alot of people and I am already enough of a freak in school (but not the freakiest and nerdy type). And I dont have alot of friends too. I prefer keeping to myself. :)
Artie

Post by Artie »

Wow, you have surprisingly good grammar for twelve! :) I in fact began practicing when I was your age, and I'm 15 now. I encourage you to start studying!
Here in the forest, dark and deep
I offer you the gift of eternal sleep.
Zili

Post by Zili »

I was also 12 when I first started practicing the craft. I was off and on for a few years but after high school, I knew it was the right choice for me. I'm 23 now. I was first introduced to other religions when I was 7. You are never too young to look into other religions and start learning :)
ChanelJinxT2011

@Artie Thanks! My English is not really that good.

Thanks everyone for your encouragement. I feel way more comfortable and confident now. Thanks once again!
Luna Lisa

Post by Luna Lisa »

ChanelJinx I don't think that you are too young either. I'm 21 and I'm just starting. No one cna make you chose what you believe. Right now I'm trying to learn everything that I can about Wicca. But you studying at a young age I think that that would be a good thing.
Ember Nightwolf

Post by Ember Nightwolf »

Age doesn't determine your belief. Although it is unlikely for a coven to accept most younger people, you can still be a solitary. I agree with the rest, you can be a witch/wiccan from the moment you can understand it and make up your mind to follow this path (well, thats my opinion, at least). Hope this helps :)
There are three sides to a coin.
ChanelJinxT2011

Thanks everyone for your comments! I am studying all I can about the Craft. Hopefully I can meet a coven of my age next year(I remember about going solitary for a year when starting).
ChanelJinxT2011

I really did not expect this much comments on my post. I had never been popular before. or at least like this..... :)
moon_stone14

Post by moon_stone14 »

Hey ChanelJinx- that's really cool that you're interested in this stuff! I'm 14 and I'm still kind of a newbie too, and I only wished that I had started at 12 or 13 myself. I totally understand where you're coming from- I haven't come out of the broom closet with ANYONE, but I'm thinking of telling my best friend in a month or so... But I face the same problem- how do I get my supplies?! Luckily my family knows that I've always liked candles and oils and stuff, so I have a lot of stuff handy, but I don't have a cauldron or anything that is directed specifically to being a witch... /: So I don't know what to tell you there, unless you're planning on telling your parents. In which case- GOOD LUCK! I wish I was that brave! Haha
Oh, and slightly random, but I saw that you guys were talking about covens... I haven't been solitary for a year yet, but when the time comes, I've been thinking of joining a coven. So how do you know if there are any witches in your area? I'm totally confused about that part, because I've never actually MET a fellow witch... Thanks :)
ChanelJinxT2011

@moon_stone14 I wish there was a "like" button for comments like on facebook... I will definitely "like" your comment!
And no, I wasn't planning to tell my parents. I am not solitary for a year yet.
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

witchvox has a list of covens that is done by area - not all of them will be on there or accepting members but it's a good place to start
xx
moon_stone14

Post by moon_stone14 »

Oh cool, thanks!! :D

Return to “Teen Concerns”