Is 12 too young to practice witchcraft?

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
ChanelJinxT2011

Re: Age problems.

Post by ChanelJinxT2011 »

DancingWillowTree wrote:Sweetie, I’m sorry...i was just trying to get that point across. I'll stop now... But only if you put some smile faces up instead of frowns!! haha jk I’ll go anyway. :) -Willow!!
Its ok! :) :) :D :D :type:
DancingWillowTree

Post by DancingWillowTree »

Thanks. :)
ChanelJinxT2011

damn! I've got another problem ,again. See how problematic I am ? remember the friend I mentioned? the one that knows I am practicing witchcraft? She wants me to teach here witchcraft!! I would like to, but you see he problem? I can't even handle myself.......
DancingWillowTree

Hehe. Well you could give her what you know and let her borrow some books (if you have any) and tell her to come here? Make sure you tell her that the stuff you know isn't the only way to do this kind of stuff. Also, you could tell her that she should also do some of her own research on google or something. Hehe you should make this into another post because this one has been up so long that I think that everyone stopped coming. :) -Willow!!
ChanelJinxT2011

Yeah, I dont think anyone bothers about this post any more. lol
Artie

Post by Artie »

ChanelJinxT2011 wrote:Yeah, I dont think anyone bothers about this post any more. lol
I still read it, I just don't reply. My internet time has dwindled now that winter break is over. lol
Here in the forest, dark and deep
I offer you the gift of eternal sleep.
DancingWillowTree

Haha wow i didn't know that anyone even gave a crap anymore because we started "fighting".

Artie, I love your Sig. I guessed that it was you but i wasn't sure...love ya picture! -Willow!!
ChanelJinxT2011

Artie wrote:
ChanelJinxT2011 wrote:Yeah, I dont think anyone bothers about this post any more. lol
I still read it, I just don't reply. My internet time has dwindled now that winter break is over. lol
oh. lol :type:
Wishing_Teen8987

Post by Wishing_Teen8987 »

Hehe I'm 12 too and I had the same problem and I just plain out told my bestie too and my mom (she supports me) but I told my dad.....eh let's just say we're still fighting...Just for now dont lie if u get caught but I'd advise (if u have strict or conservative parents AKA pretty much all parents) to try and fly under the radar till ur 13... Just saying from my experience ::coolglasses::
ChanelJinxT2011

thanks. i guess my parents would get really freaked
Wishing_Teen8987

Post by Wishing_Teen8987 »

All I'm saying is that u need to consider this all before u react :)
ChanelJinxT2011

yeah. sure
Nyxannwn

Re: Is 12 too young to practice witchcraft?

Post by Nyxannwn »

ChaneljinxT2011:
I just wanted to throw my two cents in! I've been involved in witchcraft in one form or another since I was 10. It is NEVER too young to start learning and growing. In fact, I believe that the younger you are, the better. There's so much more time to figure things out and really tailor your learning and study to what works best for you! I didn't officially begin my study and begin officially practicing witchcraft until I was 17, and I didn't come out of the proverbial "Broom Closet" until I was 19. It's tough!! I'm now 21, and there are still some people around me that aren't clued in to the fact that I'm a witch, but that's fine! Don't feel like you have to tell anyone if you don't want to. You'll do it when you're ready.

I think someone said earlier that if you're hesitating, you should tell the people around you that maybe you're a "hedge witch" or "nature witch" to kind of make it more digestable to your parents. I would advise you NOT to do this, even though I know fully what that person was trying to get at. If that's what you ARE interested in (being a nature/hedge witch specifically), than that is what you should tell people. The problem is, there are soooooo many different kinds of witches that believe in different things. Personally, I'm what is called an Eclectic Witch/Faery Witch. An eclectic witch is someone who takes from different forms of witchcraft/other religions and sort of makes their OWN form of witchcraft. There's no real dogmatic structure or doctrine to follow. A Faery Witch is someone who is actively involved in working with the Fae. Besides hedge/nature witchcraft, there is Alexandrian Witchcraft, Celtic Witchcraft, Ceremonial Witchcraft, Dianic Witchcraft, Gardnerian Witchcraft, Minoian, Shamanic, and the list goes on! Be true to whatever you choose, and whatever you choose is what you should be telling people you are. Honesty is the best policy! :D

As far as your friend goes who wants to learn, perhaps you two could study together/help each other out! Any thought to perhaps starting your own coven? That might be fun! You guys could also help each other out with getting supplies together! I know it's tough to do at a young age when you don't have a car or money to pay for stuff... it might be smart to figure out a way to pool your resources.

Best of luck, and Bright Blessings!

~*~Nix~*~
[WITCH1]

Post by [WITCH1] »

I'm 13 And I been here for a while ( On my old account Black_Cat) :D
Not all scars show, not all wounds heal, you can't always see the pain someone feels.
roseonfire

Post by roseonfire »

I'm 17 now but I started at when my father first began to teach me about the Craft at 7. 12 is not too young. And I would take Willow's advice with your friend. Starwitch has a whole area of the forum set up just for people new to the Craft to talk and discuss with each other and help each other learn. It is also visited by those who have a little more experience and are willing to share some of it. I post in there every now and then myself for the newbies. It's a start, at least, whether or not you drawl from other sources as well.
The Goddess is like the moon itself, guiding us in our darkest moments.

Return to “Teen Concerns”