This is for someone else....How can she.......

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
Purewitch22

This is for someone else....How can she.......

Post by Purewitch22 »

My friend requested this, she is Bisexual.....But the kids at our school are so bad! Already!! So she is scared to come out of the closet of being Bi! Can I have advice to give to her please?? She also practices Wicca! But she is an amazing friend! She is Bisexual, please, please help her!! She is scared that if ANYBODY at our school finds out, she'll never be able to show her face again! I tried telling her it's okay! The things our peers say about any rumored Gay, Bisexual, and Lesbian!!!
Blessed Be!
If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were
supposed to be bringing." — Julie Cuccia Watts

“When nothing is sure, everything is possible.” —
Margaret Drabble

“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, /
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” — William
Shakespeare
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all
the difference." — Robert Frost
Zili

Re: This is for someone else....How can she.......

Post by Zili »

Unfortuneately there will always be haters of the GBLT community. People who were raised to hate those like us, she doesn't have to come out of the closet right away its for her to decide when the time is right for her, just let her know she doesn't have to be in the closet forever. Since its hard to find support in real life when you are afraid of coming out suggest she find an online community maybe? It will give her people to talk to, those with experience.
Purewitch22

Post by Purewitch22 »

Yeah...I've been coaxing her into it, until she heard only ONE rumor, out of the many! I know for a fact there are other Bisexual girls at our school (Don't ask how..Its obvious though) but she's scared! She told me-not directly but in a text, that if she comes out, and somebody says ANY horrible things close to what we heard about a guy, she said she WILL kill herself!
Blessed Be!
If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were

Margaret Drabble

Shakespeare
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all
Zili

Post by Zili »

coming out is a delicate situation, one she has to feel safe with, if she feels she'll be hurt even emotionally, she wont feel safe. don't force her is she isn't ready just be there for her as a friend.
Purewitch22

Post by Purewitch22 »

Okay Zili! :) We're more like sisters anyways! :D She is crushing on someone at school right now! But again, is scared to ask her out!!!!!
Blessed Be!

Margaret Drabble

Shakespeare
MoonKatt

Post by MoonKatt »

I feel for your friend I am the exact same way. I've only told my friends they took it well. My advice is expand your circle of people who know very gradually and most will understand if they think well of you already. If you want to know what they would say ask them questions, example: What would you say if I told you I were bi? Ease it into a normal conversation if they ask tell them it's a random question. Thats my advice love to hear how she is.

Bright Blessings, MoonKatt
Ember Nightwolf

Post by Ember Nightwolf »

If I was at that school I think I just wouldn't come out. But that's not very helpful, so I guess the saying goes, that you can't pick up all the thorns in this world, you just have too wear thick boots. After that I'd agree with MoonKatt, trying to ease it so LBGT doesn't sound so weird and alien to them anymore. Good Luck to her.
There are three sides to a coin.
Rosewitch

Post by Rosewitch »

I am bi and i came out well every ones kinda always known eithnme i say if yoyr cloes minded enough to pick on me for my love you deserve what larma throws at you tell her ya people will pick on her but if they do karma will slap them in the face with a nig f you sooner or later and to carry pepper spray
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

When I was abused at school I did not feel the need to come out to anyone at school seeing as the abuse was bad and I had no interest in anyone or anything beside the schoolwork. But if she is intersted in someone she should be weary, high school tends not to be kind to those that differ from the herd.

Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
xAndreaMariex

Post by xAndreaMariex »

I know how you and her both feel, but quiet honestly, she really doesn't have to tell anyone anything. She can keep quiet about things like this as long as she wants, but I understand it's better to try and open up instead of bottling up how she feels. My question is, does she want to tell people about her being bi and Wiccan? If she doesn't, she can always save that for her private life. All the rumors at school don't matter after she'll graduate. Maybe she'll end up with a nice guy or girl after she graduates. It takes time to open up about who you really are. She's just that age where she cares about what everyone thinks about her at school. I used to be like that too in school, and people bullied me a lot because of a rumor that I was a lesbian and turned people into frogs. None of that is true, but I am gender-blind and converting to Paganism. No one else knows but me and people on internet forums. It's scary thing to open up to your friends and family. I wish I had the courage to do so myself.

This is also a test to see who your real friends are. If people are her real friends, they'd just accept who she is and go on like she never even told them that she's bi or Wiccan.
Purewitch22

Post by Purewitch22 »

Thank you all. :)
@ Andrea- There are rumors that I am a lesbian, I killed people, and now I apparently sleep with all of my best guy friends.
I've never turned people into frogs, Only Toads. ;D
My friend moved and now she said her new school is nicer than our old. She is dating a girl& they are in love.
Blessed Be!

Margaret Drabble

Shakespeare
Ebonmare

Post by Ebonmare »

just let her stay in the closet as long as she needs. I only told my friends and i did so in a very discrete manner. they thought it was a joke and i never told them I meant it. I have the same "if someone finds out, they'll hate me" attitude. i'm literally the only one who knows, though one of my friends has her suspicion. (nevermind all that)

Edit: oops. i missed that last post. i feel sheepish... well good luck to you, her, and her gal. blessed be, from your friendly forumhood ebonmare :)
Purewitch22

Post by Purewitch22 »

Ebonmare wrote:just let her stay in the closet as long as she needs. I only told my friends and i did so in a very discrete manner. they thought it was a joke and i never told them I meant it. I have the same "if someone finds out, they'll hate me" attitude. i'm literally the only one who knows, though one of my friends has her suspicion. (nevermind all that)

Edit: oops. i missed that last post. i feel sheepish... well good luck to you, her, and her gal. blessed be, from your friendly forumhood ebonmare :)

Don't feel sheepish :P It's fine. She wanted to tell, but she moved the day I posted this, and didn't tell me 'til I said it. I found out she liked me, and feel bad, but she says her girlfriend has made her feel whole, and her heart seems complete again. *Sigh* I'm the non-romantic, yet I was a romantic until one of my breakups (We switched positions, now i not a romantic&she is) but I wish I found somebody that makes me feel so happy. (:
Blessed Be!

Margaret Drabble

Shakespeare

Return to “Teen Concerns”