Wanting To Change Schools...But They Wont Let Me

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
.xAlyssa.

Wanting To Change Schools...But They Wont Let Me

Post by .xAlyssa. »

I really, really, really want to change schools. I hate my high school. I dont really have any specific reason but i just reeeeeaaaallllly hate it. So I told my parents that I wanted to change schools and they said no. They just cant understand that I hate it... So what would you say to your parents to convince them because i just cant stand that school anymore. Thanks...
-Alyssa.
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

So why do you want to change school? Are there any negative things about changing school which would explain your parents resistance? Like costs or anything?

And you really should know why you hate your school and what makes you want to change. Cause otherwise you only end up the same way in your new school.

And it would convince me, if you could tell me why you want to change, more than "I just haaaaaaaaaaate it there". I mean, how should anyone understand that?
.xAlyssa.

Post by .xAlyssa. »

To Earth Wolf: No that wasnt me.. It was another member.

But well I hate the teachers, I hate most of the students that go there and its just not for me. Ive just had this negative/bad feeling about it since I started attending it. It sort of brings me down...I dont really know how to explain it but I hope that you understand what Im saying.

-Alyssa.
TheArtOfLife

Post by TheArtOfLife »

Why do you hate the students? Are they annoying you, or picking on you, or even bullying you? That you hate, the teachers, I can understand, I hate them too, only not 2 of them (and that while they are giving the worst lesson to me, my own language :S I can't make a thing of it sometimes..)
I was bullied in first class of secundairy school, and I didn't want to go to either, but there's no way in skipping school, because your parents have to pay and they are also going to call to your parents.. anyway, some people are still bothering me and I was thinking of doing a spell to neutralize negative things and reflecting some of it to the owner, so that they might see the problems they cause..
AmethystQuartz

Re: Wanting To Change Schools...But They Wont Let Me

Post by AmethystQuartz »

just try to make them see how much you dislike it. or try to get along with the studets-opening mind spell?
Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know,
The piper's calling you to join him,
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
Ember Nightwolf

Post by Ember Nightwolf »

Be persistent. Tell them every morning you don't want to go to THAT school, and tell them every day when you get back home that school was rubbish. If they ever ask how your day was say you didn't like school - before the usual rant (whatever that may be). Every morning, every evening. Give it at LEAST a month and a bit. They should catch on soon enough. Or do what my mum did when she was young and moved to yorkshire - have MASSIVE tantrums and skive A LOT (don't hold me account for that one! ;D ). Hope this helps, and Good Luck :)
There are three sides to a coin.
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

idk if you're still having this problem or even checking back but try to impress upon them how your education is suffering ... point out that bad teaching or disruptive lessons mean that you aren't getting as much out of school than you could be [even if this is not the case - lol]

That was the reason I switched schools and my parents agreed with me that if it was gonna make me fall behind in studies then I should be moved to a better school
xx
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

Um, I dont think this topic is breathing anymore. :P
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not go blindly forward, See
Do not judge, Understand
Do not forget, for in this you shall learn nothing
-The Judge
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Its spam, Judge. There's a link for some military school site.
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

Ah, thanks. Forgot to check. oops.
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not go blindly forward, See
Do not judge, Understand
Do not forget, for in this you shall learn nothing
-The Judge

Return to “Teen Concerns”