You are dating a witch!

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
Fernview

You are dating a witch!

Post by Fernview »

So I decided to finally tell my boyfriend about why I have always stocked up on candles and incense :lol: I told him he has been dating a witch all this time and to take me as I am or leave me.

To my surprise he wasn't phased out at all and is very supporting of it, but made me promise not to cast any bad spells on him (which I told him I would never do)Then I proceeded to give him a reading with my tarot cards.

I showed him my collection of witchy stuff and he particularly liked my bottles of oils.

I hope this little story gives you guys some inspiration to come out of the broom closet.
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

It is wonderful that your partner is so supportive of your path. I have an amazing girlfriend who is supportive of my path as well. She knows I am a Druid and is ok with it. She knows I have a book of shadows and has actually seen me write in it from time to time. She has seen me do tarot readings and such. Congrats on having a supportive and loving partner who loves you just as you are! It is a wonderful feeling :)
SunshineChild

Post by SunshineChild »

Eeeeeeh, I wouldn't dare tell my boyfriend. He's a devout Christian. I'm scared. I need help. =/
MyDarkCelticFlames

Re: Your dating a witch!

Post by MyDarkCelticFlames »

Thats really nice that you've found someone that supportive. My last bf broke up with me after I told him I'm a witch and started to blame me for everything that was going wrong in his life. It was really a heartbreaking experiance. I truly cared a lot about him.
Rosewitch

Post by Rosewitch »

My fiance was fine with it and i said you know you will swim laps of fire forever for dating me and his reply was id do anything for you although he is some what selfish and whines whenever i start to do anything religion wise
midnyt fantasy

Post by midnyt fantasy »

oh my bf is cool with it too... but well i started out slow and later on gave him the inside details... the best way to tell or her would be:
-1st day -say him/her that you ware doing magic..... not in details ... just say " hey babes, i was just online finding some details about magic" when he might be a bit busy and if he asks what sort... just say "the usual" and say that you gotta go if he lures you to tell more.
-2 weeks later - "hey babes.... i really want my sisters cool bracelet... hmm... i think i could maybe cast a spell to make her give it to me ... as a gift of course" make it as if a joke but partially true.... you could substitute bracelet to anything you want but something that would not creep him out... or just use some other phrase but include spells
-3 weeks later - give him/her the idea of what magic your doing.... when he calls "oh babes i am watching charmed (harry potter or some movie which has witchcraft ... it should be a movie he knows) so that i could get more ideas about magic and spells.. ill call you later"
-4 weeks later - give him/her the details.... start off telling him that your doing some beauty spell or luck spell... something that wont give him goosebumps..and in details tell him its not bad that your doing... and that you only do good and it can also bring out the inner strength with in yourself and whatever you believe magic could do in our life.... this must come out of your heart.
-next day - if (s)he is nagging and you cant stand it .... tell him that he has to except you to who you are and that you wont change for him....(if you honestly believe in what you do) but if you want to take his/her side and stop being a witch or Wicca or what ever you are... do it....but do what you heart tells you not your bummed bf/gf or your inner power or whatever attracts you to here.
DaughterofErebus

Post by DaughterofErebus »

Its good your partner understands... my ex wanted to convert me to his religion.... his religion teches them that gays are bad and he didnt want me to get anymore piercings cuz i told him i wanted a eyebrow piercing... i told him i wanted a tattoo for my dad and he was like asking me not to get it where clothes cant cover it and he told me not to get a lower back tattoo... I broke up with him cuz i was tired of him trying to change me
Never let life kill your spark ~ Crown the Empire
Lovingvixen

Post by Lovingvixen »

I didn't come straight out and tell my bf im a witch. i said that i like to cast spells & i explained to him that the spellwork i do is a manipulation of energy. (im not sure if thats a word but w/e) he laughed it off at first, but i started to explain to him the physical & scientific part of it & now hes more accepting.
referring to what someone said earlier (sorry, i cant remember who said it now that im typing), maybe if you explain to your bf that its a form of healing, like herbology? im not saying thats all you use it for, but maybe if you only tell him a little bit at a time, he'll absorb it easier.
--Auttie
Love.
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

Hey- I truly AGONIZED about telling my fiance'. I had previously, before he and I met, been a christian minister's wife for 29 years! I expected the worst possible reaction, but I felt dishonest not telling him, you know, like I was hiding something very important from him and betraying his trust and also my own beliefs. WELLLLL... when I finally broke down and told him, scared to death of what he would do or say (in tears,yet LOL)- he simply looked at me and said- "so- you're a witch. I don't care what anybody else thinks. You're MY witch!"
Lovingvixen

Post by Lovingvixen »

smileylove awwww truthseeker thats sweet too bad you worried so much, though. i know how that goes...
Love.
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

Its all good :)
autumnAria

Post by autumnAria »

My fiance is actually the one who got me into studying witchcraft in the first place ^ ^ I know he was really worried about telling me his beliefs and I basically had to force him to explain them to me XD I was at a really weird place where I was starting to reject the Christianity that I'd grown up with and what he said made a lot of sense. It took me a couple of months of being with him to decided I wanted to get into it and I haven't regretted it since ^ ^ I think it's so important that even if you can't tell anyone else, you should be able to tell your partner. They're the one that's supposed to accept you no matter what, and if they don't they aren't really worth your time.
wolfgirl96

Post by wolfgirl96 »

truthseaker soooo cute i awwwww ed nd daughteroferebus i was there for that i was good u broke up wit that guy cause he brought u down... im so happy because my bf is so totally ok wit it and is very supportave :D but we were friends first and thats when i told him.
valerian moon

Post by valerian moon »

hahah that's probably how my Panda would react. we love each other so much she just loves getting the chance to talk to me...
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
bluejay_1919

Re: You are dating a witch!

Post by bluejay_1919 »

RocketFox650 wrote:I found this through a google search and thought it might be useful to share another perspective. I'm an engineer and tend to be extremely logical about things. My fiance and I joke that I worship at the alter of science and technology. I don't have any spiritual beliefs.

I met this wonderful woman at a fair. She had two husky puppies for sale and I promptly fell in love with the girl. The husky girl that is. Mia came home with me and I kept in touch with her breeder. A few months later, I'd developed a romantic interest in her and our texts became more personal in nature. Eventually religion came up, and I shared my Christian upbringing, schooling, and eventual disenchantment with the whole idea of religions. As she was very quiet and reserved most of the time, the fact that she didn't say much on it was normal and I made the assumption that she was of the same mind. We eventually started dating, she got to know me better, and if I'm honest, I doubt I'm the type of person that you'd ever see as being ok with you being a witch. It actually came out completely by accident and was a surprise. I think my initial response was "Ok". She asked me if I was ok with it, and I told her that it didn't bother me in the least. Apparently a past boyfriend had responded extremely negatively. We talked about it quite a bit, and still do. I call her my little witch often. I'm still not a believer, preferring to come up with "logical" explanations for the odd things that happen around us. We're planning our wedding now. The point is, you can't have love if you're hiding. Sometimes the risk is worth it. If another person can't accept you, obviously they don't deserve you. Sometimes people will surprise you though. In our story, that surprise was unconditional love, acceptance, and an incredible amount of joy. Also... Pointy hats and stuffed animals in witch costumes... But I digress. She's the love of my life. My perfect. Everything I ever wanted in a partner, including a few things I didn't know I wanted until I'd experienced them. I wouldn't trade her or us for anything. Remember what they say- Once you go witch, you'll never switch!
Sounds like you're a nice, kind and open minded spirit. Congrats on the engagement and may you both have a life together full of love and magic!

Return to “Teen Concerns”