You are dating a witch!

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
graveghoul

Re: Your dating a witch!

Post by graveghoul »

Truthseeker wrote:Hey- I truly AGONIZED about telling my fiance'. I had previously, before he and I met, been a christian minister's wife for 29 years! I expected the worst possible reaction, but I felt dishonest not telling him, you know, like I was hiding something very important from him and betraying his trust and also my own beliefs. WELLLLL... when I finally broke down and told him, scared to death of what he would do or say (in tears,yet LOL)- he simply looked at me and said- "so- you're a witch. I don't care what anybody else thinks. You're MY witch!"
Awwww that is probably the most romantic thing i've read in a while. Congrats and continued good luck in your love life. :D
graveghoul

Re: You are dating a witch!

Post by graveghoul »

I just want to show the other end of the spectrum with two Pagan partners. I can totally see how one would be fearful of explaining this to their significant other especially since everyone's practice is different as well as everyone's religion. Upon meeting my bf (which i had no intentions of him ever being my bf) it was clearly known that he was looking for "a pagan gf" so as soon as he found out that i was just embracing this spirituality he was persistent with bringing me into his life. In retrospect, it was pretty shallow (which he kind of is in his own Sagittarius kind of way) looking for someone to bring into your life based solely on their beliefs and not their personality but surprisingly he has become the yang to my yin (me being Capricorn). He's a hard polytheist and believes in the Nordic pantheon like there's no tomorrow and educated me on the stories of Odin being ridiculed in his search for knowledge from his folk because he was getting school by the "witches" of that time. Seeing as how it was mostly women who were of the magickal path in those stories, Odin got teased beyond belief because he went all out. He wore a woman's garb and hung with the witches for as long as his studies were necessary. Odin's got some juevos! So basically, my bf was like "Look, it's part of my beliefs too, but it's not my thing per se." Needless to say i learned alot about his religion but he's been at it for the past 5 years or so and it doesnt hold that new fresh feeling to him so much anymore the way my practice does for me. He gets a little annoyed with my repetitive questions and i get kind of offended that he doesn't want to learn about my spirituality (being drawn to witchcraft and primarily the Greek pantheon) but i guess i should just be happy that my partner is accepting and somewhat knowledgeable on what i do and take part in. I still try to convert Asatru/Wiccan rituals together like celebration of the sabbats, solstices, new moons, dark moons and equinoxes but he's your typical hard-headed, blunt Heathen and refuses to mesh our two beliefs even though they are so similar at the core. Maybe one day. Until then he calls me his Wench or his Witch and i call him my Handsome Heathen (a comment he's been embarrassed of because of mockery by his fellow Heathens but i still mock him and find it hilarious). So in the end im happy we dont fight about our beliefs as a whole but i would very much love it if he put the time in reading about my beliefs the way ive put time in understanding his religion. Either way, i love that guy even as narrow minded as he is.

Return to “Teen Concerns”