my body alarm clock is ringing

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
Orion

Post by Orion »

With men who can't have children, there tends to be a lot of inadequecy issues. Most places, men pass on their name. So if they can't have children, then you can't pass on legacy. Fear of being forgotten and lost on the family tree =\.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." -Einstein

There are always facts, the best most of us can do is try to continuously adjust our opinions to become closer to those facts. For that, there is Science and Philosophy. One to argue facts and one to argue opinions. The result: The big bang is some sort of sexual innuendo resulting from your subconscious.
talia

Post by talia »

Yeah... that doesn't sound all that pretty either ^_^
dark_babe13

Post by dark_babe13 »

Alhandra wrote:OMG moonbeam thats terrible im so sorry. In the Uk these 2 girls who were 15 raced each other to get pregnant. They were sisters and they said they were bored around the house and wanted something to do. They both had boys. Thats just sick. Another thing I read in the paper a 14 year old girl is pregnant AGAIN!!!! Im 14 and I dont wana have a baby now. I mean I definetely want some (see how I said some) in the future but not now. I would like 2 girls and 2 boys.
where i am from,a girl i used to be best friends with,got pregnent when she was getting ready to turn 13.her mom had her when she was 12!
Elem

Post by Elem »

where i am from,a girl i used to be best friends with,got pregnent when she was getting ready to turn 13.her mom had her when she was 12!
Unfortunately, that's just the way the world is :roll: and there's nothin we can do about, really.. It's their decision at the end of the day. No matter what the government do to try and prevent it.. If kids want babies at that age, then they'll have 'em.

Elem
[SanityIsLost]

Post by [SanityIsLost] »

hmmm I dont think I could ever go through labor and to me it would be selfish of myself to have children of my own when I could adopt one and make him/her feel wanted. We keep bringing new children into the world when there are still plenty that dont have homes. I also wouldnt mind being a foster parent because of the same reason. I guess I'm just scared of bringing a new life into this world because the world can be so cruel and unfair. I'm also scared it would end up like me and I couldn't even think about passing on my disorders to my children. But I like when people are passionate about children whether having their own or adopting.
fatalism

Post by fatalism »

I'm not fond of children and I don't ever plan on having children, perhaps because children are so loud or because they require so much time. I think, however, that you should see a psychologist who might be able to help you find some answers. It might not be about not having a child, it might be routed in problems of self-image, adequacy, love, etc. Having a child might be attractive for some women because children offer unconditional love, an offer that, is probably attractive to many. Your yearning for children now might also spark problems for you when become sexually active and the possibility becomes more real. If your feelings for having a child are the product of some deeper psychological issue, then you might develop mental illnesses in the future as well. Having children at the wrong time could have the potential to ruin three lives: yours, the child's, and the man's. The best thing to do is to have it checked out and to make the best of your life until you're ready to bring kids into the world.
"Nothing is True; Everything is Permitted"
dark_babe13

Post by dark_babe13 »

i went threw a fase a while back where i wanted to get married.i even tried to talk my boyfriend into it.thank goodness he has more sense then i do.he told me to enjoy being young because its not going to last forever.getting married or having kids at a young age will just hold you back from your hopes and dreams.enjoy life how it is.wait till you accomplished all the things you want to accomplish.go anywhere you want to go.see all the things you want to see.be happy,be free,and most importantly,be young!!!
Deirdre

Post by Deirdre »

I know this is already an old topic, but i'd still like to post my little thing here...

I would love to have childen, i really would. But i am not completly sure if it would be a good idea for me. My mothers side of the family kind of has a history of mental instability. My grandmother on my mothers side never paid any attention to her children. My mother was sexualy abused by her stephfather when she was a kid, and my grandmother did not believe her.

My mother has multiple personality syndrom/disorder (?) and has about 57 different personalities. I lived in 4 different fosterfamilies since i was 5 years old. My oldest (half)sister has 2 children who both live in a fosterfamily, my youngest sister and me both have borderline...

Like i said, i would love to have children. But appart from not being sure if i would be able to take care of them, i just don't want any of these mental disorders to pass on to them.
* ~ * Deirdre * ~ *

Just waiting for my mind to catch up with me.
IceDragonX

Post by IceDragonX »

haha Ill post to the old topic too. :) I know my view is very opposite of what this thread is about, but this is just my view. I respect people who want kids. :)

To be honest, I dont really want kids. I think Im too selfish right now to have kids of my own. I am only 22 and I feel I have a lot of room to pop a child whenever. Even when I had my ex around, which I loved dearly for 4 solid years, I still didnt want to have kids. He didnt want kids either, so it worked out perfectly. I think if I have kids it would be either I adopt or I would have one late in my life when I accomplished a lot of things and have all the time in the world to raise one. I know it sounds selfish, but...I dont want a kid to get in the way of my career goals and ambitions. It is unfair to the child that they aren't getting the love they deserve and unfair to me becuase I have to now choose between them or what I really want from life. I want life for them to be good and mommy (me) being settled and ready to love them, spoil them, teach them, and take care of them. Not mommy always working, being away, not giving any attention to them, feeling stressed from problems and downing their accomplishments. A lot of people have kids at the wrong time and then run into money problems. Kids are expensive!!

Not dissing anyone who wants a kid early. By all means, have a kid whenever YOU feel is right. I am doing the same!! And I feel I can not afford a kid in the next 10 years right now. I was actually arguing about this with a friend today. He said all women want to settle down and have a family in a happy and safe environment. I was like, "Not me!!! Its not my dream to marry a man so we can play house. I become the homemaker and raise the kids, while he goes out to work." My dreams are different...I want to be recognized and do something big. I could never see myself going to PTA meetings and soccer practice. However, I do cook pretty well, I help clean my own house, toilets included without a problem (I live with roomates), and I probably would make a pretty decent house wife. I just can't see myself there right now.

I like kids (to a point), but I like them in small doses. Not constantly around me all of the time. I would need the husband to be very involved to help out. Hell, my dad was very involved with me, he probably was the one who raised me the most.

When I am ready, I will settle, but never before then. And if I never have a kid, I don't think I would regret it. I usually don't regret much in life. :)
Freedom is a State of Mind...
lucy_san_elfenlied

Post by lucy_san_elfenlied »

Hm...I don't feel in a rush to have children...I have a fear of it since I don't like pain and how people describe the birthing process((the women are always in pain)) I just developed a fear for it. I didn't even think about having a big, gorgeous wedding with the cutest/most poplular guy in school when I was little. I don't really care much for weddings right now but I don't know where I am on children. I have my fortune told and it said that I will have 2 children and my love life is a very messy roller coaster but stops somewhere. Not sure where but it stops.

I understand how you feel about the "double over from pain" for wanting something so badly. I felt it for a guy but I'm not saying the guy. He was all I could think about. All I would crave. It pained me not to have him.
Luna

Post by Luna »

I'm 21 and up until around the age of 20, I didnt want kids :p

Though I guess my clock started ticking.
But I'm not in any big rush. To borrow the cliche here, I want to be the best mom I can be. And I still have a lot more to learn about myself before getting to that point.
My childhood was say....less than perfect.
I don't want to make the same mistakes my own mother did.

Plus....I still need to find a man who's worthy :p

So for now, I'll enjoy my friends kids, until I'm able to have my own.
Rabbit145

Eh...

Post by Rabbit145 »

At this point, I highly doubt I will ever want to have children of my own. My older sister has a daughter, and I love her dearly, but...I don't think I could ever cope with pregnancy. I'm an active outdoors-y type, and I imagine it would be quite hard to hike up the side of a mountain carrying that much extra weight, LOL. I guess that sometime in the future, if I get settled in and financially stable, I would like to adopt, (three would be my limit) but with so many children who need homes already out there...I just wouldn't feel right bringing another life into this world.
Ember Nightwolf

Re: my body alarm clock is ringing

Post by Ember Nightwolf »

Sometimes you can do this "rent-a-baby" kind of thing. It's like a very realistic baby, it wakes you up and you have to change its nappy etc. I'd do that before making any decisions. I don't think your alone either, I kind of know what your talking about too. And, no, it isn't fair that some people have children and don't want them, and others cant have them but desperately want them.
There are three sides to a coin.
Rosewitch

Post by Rosewitch »

If i could trade places with you moon i would i hate kids with a firey passion... One of the best things for me to hear is you cant have kids although it would break my fiances heart i wouod love every minute of it .....to me kids are annoying little devils that cry and eat all the time. Why anyone would want to go through the pains of labor is beond me but what eves
Winter Rose

Post by Winter Rose »

I'm 16, and ever since I was six I've had an aching to have kids. I know I can't have them right now, but it kills be to not have babies. It's my goal, and my dream, to have children and a partner. For a school thing, we had to write down "where we wanted to be by the time we're 30". Everyone said that they wanted to be a doctor, or to have a great career, or to go traveling... I said that "I want to have kids and a loving partner". I know EXACTLY how you feel. Trust me :)

Return to “Teen Concerns”