I'm not a friggin Satan worshiper

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
Ember Nightwolf

Re: I'm not a friggin Satan worshiper

Post by Ember Nightwolf »

If they are that insensitive, then just make a joke of it. Laugh and tell them that they're your next victim. Say what you like, and though they might hurt you, you've just got to do what you can. Try deciding that it doesnt matter, because they could never understand. They're probably secretly intrigued, or just those people who love to wind others up for the fun of it. Actually, I dealt with that by inviting my sister to watch one of my spells (providing she was v. good). It really worked. You could try that, but only if you feel comfortable with it. hope this helps, and that they grow up and get a life. Blessed Be and good luck. : )
There are three sides to a coin.
Netalula

Post by Netalula »

Tell them that every time they take a pill, that's worse than wicca, and that every time they drink chamomile tea to heal an aching stomach, that is wicca newangel
Rosewitch

Post by Rosewitch »

I dont tell my parents for that but id wold find something thay makes your brother really mad and i mean verge of crinf mad tease him all the time then his influence alone will be enough for the rude as$parenrs to shut up
Netalula

Post by Netalula »

I have got an even better idea!! Remind them of Hitler! He killed Millions of people, and he was christian, but tell them that wiccans would never dream of doing that.
RebelFlower

Post by RebelFlower »

i have had people at my school think im a satan worshiper and they ask how i do that. i very calmly tell them that i am not a satanist and that i am a wiccan, and tell them if they want to know about satanism for them to go and talk to my friend who is.
And my mother would never think i was, because my mom doesn't believe that it is a real religion.
But when anyone says something, family or not, i just very calmly, and actually without much cussing, explain a little bit about what i believe and about the Goddess
Don't Cry Because It's Over, Smile Because It Happened.

I Consider Myself A Crayon... I Might Not Be Your Favorite Colour, But One Day You're Going To Need Me To Complete Your Picture.
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

I know this sounds ugly- but hey-- people are stupid.
RebelFlower

Post by RebelFlower »

nothing really ugly about it. most ppl believe what they want to believe and once they believe it they wont stop. we are stubborn and stupid. and yes i include myself because i act very stupid and can be very very stubborn
Don't Cry Because It's Over, Smile Because It Happened.

I Consider Myself A Crayon... I Might Not Be Your Favorite Colour, But One Day You're Going To Need Me To Complete Your Picture.
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

There is a satire video on YouTube titled "the Secret Lives of Atheists," inspired by the outrageous comments said about atheists by total strangers who obviously never bothered to understand atheism. It is hysterical to watch and it makes me wish I had the ability to design such cartoons myself. I'd title it "the Secret Lives of Pagans" or something like that and do a similar video if I had the ability. This coming from an enthusiast for Enki and Enlil, who is NOT into David Icke or Zecharia Sitchin.

In short, I would recommend against an emotional response (ex: running off to your room to cry). Often that is what genuine trouble-makers want to provoke and you make yourself a bigger target for their bullying. My own approach I've been practicing with time is to respond with some snide comment, such as "One more remark out of you and I'll turn you into a toad." Or if they ask about doing animal (or human) sacrifices on Halloween, letting out a laugh and saying, "My goodness, how you misunderstand me. That is all lies! (pause a moment) I always wait until December to do any such thing" in some calm, "straight man" tone. As far as my own husband is concerned, I am agnostic but I think he's on to me now. Sometimes he comes in and asks, "What are you doing?" and I'll say something smarty like, "Giving allegiance to Lord Satan" or "Finding a spell that makes nosey husbands disappear." Another snide example would be imitating Boris Karloff or Peter Lorrie, and saying something like, "As a matter of fact, I do. The Maaaaster was right. I have found happiness and I don't even miss my soul." It depends on whoever you are dealing with, though. Sometimes you wind up the unwilling rodeo clown in front of an charging bull so exercise discretion on that one. :D

(Phone begins to ring) Damn Greys! Can't they do anything on their own for our secret plot for world domination? :roll:

::darkmood::
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
wolfgirl96

Post by wolfgirl96 »

I actually was told in elementry school that my pentagram made me a satan worshiper... I stopped wearing it because I belived them. Not if they say that I just tell them no, I don't worship satan because satan worshiping is a joke. But anyway I think you should sit them down, explain it like an adult, and tell them that they wouldn't like for you to make fun of their religion so they shouldn't do so to you. Then if they do it again, tell them that they are acting like children if they can't accept and respect your choice since it isn't hurting anyone.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Explain to them that the pentagram represents Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Spirit. You might also explain that Satan is a Christian creation.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
wolfgirl96

Post by wolfgirl96 »

Peregrine1013 That is how I respond most of the time. :D
valerian moon

Post by valerian moon »

Tell them they may need magick one day, and if they mess with you now, you won't do the healing or banishing spell they need.
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
xXDark'nesRisingXx

Post by xXDark'nesRisingXx »

I know it feels to be accused of Satanism, the JOCKS and PREPS constantly make fun of me, they stick pinecones in my hair and say I look like Charlie Brown, so I put up my middle finger at them before I leave school. :flyingwitch:
annie

Post by annie »

Hi there

I am not sure if my post will help , but here goes.... I have always loved witches and ghost since I was very young. Since I can remember I was always able to tell when something was about/ going to / what ever else happen. I would tell my mom about it and she would scream at me , and punish me . When I told her at seven that I loved Halloween, ( which I always have and still do ) more than Christmas she went off her rocker and excuse my French and was so pissed , she took me to our priest and wanted him to rid me of the " devil " . She from then on she always called me Satan's off spring, and told me I was no child of hers. ( Oh well ) Later in life our baby brother got into wiccan which of course did not go over very well with mommy dearest. ( trust me my mother could have made Joan Crawford look like mother of the year ) Needless to say she threw him out, he moved in with me. At the time his mentor was this sweet older women whom much later in life did some teaching with me. She his mentor told him some advice I would like to share with you but I pray it does not offend you. She told my brother, " In life you will meet people , some that you love that have a closed mind. She said Minds work like parachutes, honey they only work when open" She said " In your path you are going to meet people that believe just because it's witch craft its evil, and the devils work. " She suggested to have a heart to heart talk with his family ( our mother ) " tell them you are trying to be one with the earth, tell her your views on wiccan ,and that your not a devil worshiper " " you are sorry to disappoint them, but this is the path you have chosen and you would be grateful if the respect it " " they do not have to agree with it, but please respect the path you have chosen to take. " " she said for all others just plain and simple tell them its none of their business plain and simple and walk away " On a personal note I once work with a women that tried to get me fired because she thought I was the devil and putting spells on her. ( trust me it would not be worth it to put a spell on her I believe she has her own major issues ) But another Co worker said so its your believes not my business. I know this may not do much to help you, but in the long run if you stay strong and do not let anyone no matter whom they are try and tell you other wise . In your choices in life you will do fine. Sending positive thoughts your way.. Oh my bad sorry something else my brothers mentor told him was " In life you will meet all sorts of people, some that agree and some that disagree with your thoughts and opinions its up to you to rely on your faith in the path you have chosen to stand your ground and believe in what you believe in" Anyways hope it helps to know others have been down this path take care
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

There is a book that may be for your parent called "when some one you love is Wiccan".

Return to “Teen Concerns”