I'm not a friggin Satan worshiper

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
WatchfulEyeTheButterfly

Post by WatchfulEyeTheButterfly »

I forgot to say this. Once I had a few guys bugging me about my religion and calling me a Satanist (and then saying I worshiped trees and mocking me because of it) and I told my Satanist best friend. He 'talked' to the guys and they shut up very quickly. :twisted: I know this doesn't work for you but I just felt like sharing.
Beothany

Post by Beothany »

I do find it funny but for some reason it makes me feel guilty. I dunno I dont like scaring people (excluding pranks because theyre friggin hilarious)
~And So Maeve Sings~

-Beothany
Fernview

Post by Fernview »

Oh yeah me too. Apparently I have been worshiping Satan himself and not only that but I got a one way ticket to hell too because the bible says I can't worship anyone but God.

I don't believe in Satan or hell...so that threat is just empty....Kinda like saying to an educated adult that if they are not good, Santa won't give them presents... :?
canobiecrazy

Post by canobiecrazy »

Some ideas-

1- Dont give a damn about what they say and keep your pentacles.
Downside- Punishment, can backfire

2- Pray.
Downside- ...As long as its not praying for something bad there IS no downside.

3- Educate them about Wicca(or Paganism or whatever you are)
Downside- They might not listen, or it could backfire.

4- Do a binding spell.
Downside- This can be considered messing with free will, so it might generate bad karma.. But its not NEARLY as bad as a Hex.

5- Ask them "If I was *insert more popular pagan religion*, which is Satanism according to you, would you still say these things?"
Downside- Not much, it might backfire..

I hope I can help, you will be in my prayers. :)
Beothany

Post by Beothany »

Everything backfires and I will NeveR mess with AnyoneS free will. EveR.
~And So Maeve Sings~

-Beothany
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

Beothany wrote:Everything backfires and I will NeveR mess with AnyoneS free will. EveR.
Oh? But it's oodles of fun.... :twisted:
Honestly though, I would suggest, like aforementioned, that you have a sit down conversation with them, or just not care. Personally, I would start rolling on the floor and walking like the Grudge girl, using my scary voice, but hey... I have a touch for the dramatic. You may not. XD
Beothany

Post by Beothany »

Twine wrote:
Beothany wrote:Everything backfires and I will NeveR mess with AnyoneS free will. EveR.
Honestly though, I would suggest, like aforementioned, that you have a sit down conversation with them, or just not care. Personally, I would start rolling on the floor and walking like the Grudge girl, using my scary voice, but hey... I have a touch for the dramatic. You may not. XD
no comment.....well actually saying no comment is commenting so theres really no point in even posteding this but i will anyways because everybody has to do at least one meaningless thing in their life right?
~And So Maeve Sings~

-Beothany
Aniu

Post by Aniu »

My parents dont make fun of me but everyone at school does except people wearin a pentagram also. I simply explain what is stands for, the elements. For some reason if you say it stands for the elements they accept it better. As far as devil worship the only thing you can say is you dont even believe in the devil let alone worship him. Ignorance gets us no where. You have to teach them what they dont know.
Forever live in love and light!
TheArtOfLife

Post by TheArtOfLife »

http://www.freewebs.com/tuulikkiwicca/home.html
try this site ? there are reasons on it why you don't believe in Satan.. Found it like a week ago xD..
TheArtOfLife

Post by TheArtOfLife »

or you can try to say to them, that whatever they believe and whatever they say, that you don't see the point in it and call it rubbish, or just ignore them and say that you want to be as you are. and than ignore them.
Celtic_Luna

Post by Celtic_Luna »

I really don't understand people that won't be told anything different to what they think is true, even if they have not gained any knowledge on the subject. :? :x

I would suggest sitting down and talking to them about it but I find that when Christians "preech" to me, I switch off :roll: so, only sit down and explain it to them if they want to know.

Otherwise you can find comfort in the knowledge that - Satan is a Christian creation and they can keep him. We don't need a threat like Hell to do the right thing.
Fayneixx

Post by Fayneixx »

Twine wrote:
I know! The dramatics got me in a little trouble at school, but everyone shut up. (Plus now I have the lead!!) Seriously though, maybe you should just weigh your options, then hex them. I've done that before. Karma kicks my ass, but It's worth it sometimes. P.S. I don't do binding spells, I bind people with silver chains!! :twisted: :twisted:
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

You could try to find a book about your beliefs if there is one out there, or tell them about every holiday in the christian religion and how each one was basically stolen from a different religion or belief system.

Then again telling them about the holidays their religion robbed might make them mad so maybe that wouldn't be a good idea...
Sythan

Re: I'm not a friggin Satan worshiper

Post by Sythan »

This happens all the time, just have tolerance thats all. You know in your heart what you are and what you arent. Our time is coming back, the Goddess has returned, many people either do not want to accept that fact or simply do not know. These things will come and come to pass, patience and knowledge is the key.
Wiccan Wolf

Re: I'm not a friggin Satan worshiper

Post by Wiccan Wolf »

"Ever mind the Rule of Three - What you do come back to Thee." 'Nuff said right there.

People do it to me all the time. Hell, I've had people throw crosses and holy water at me in the hallways, and even teachers have said things.

You can just think that the Goddess will give them their worth soon enough! That's what I do. Or buy your family a book on Wicca.

Or do what I ALWAYS do - explain why we don't believe in a Satan or Hell. Chances are, they'll understand that better. And make it a point to say that "Many Cathiloic traditions come from Pagan tradition, Smart One." Yule, Sabbats and such... Samhaia...

Return to “Teen Concerns”