Delete or edit posts?

If you have a suggestion or comment about the board you can share it here.
Raevyn

Delete or edit posts?

Post by Raevyn »

I've been a member for a while and haven't always been active.. I've came back recently and was wondering how we can edit or change posts or delete our own threads?

Is that not possible?

~Many blessings~
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Delete or edit posts?

Post by Firebird »

You can only edit for a span of time, I think it's three months but I really don't know. You can always ask a team member to edit for you.
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

Most other forums is very limited time slot and reason they gave for not deleting/changing is it messes up thread. And if someone quote your post repeat written text it is still there.
Of course years later you may have changed so much you think that post is so not me...want deletion.
Before I post think do I want to read this at age........am online since 2004 think found :surprisedwitch: forums few years into it.
:shock:
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

We used to have looser rules around deleting/editing posts. But then I allowed a 19-year-old guy who was featured on A&E's Psychic Kids: Children of the Paranormal TV show to have his own forum where he answered questions for members. That went on for a year or so and he created a lot of quality content on the forum. Then, one day, I arrived to the board to find that this guy had decided to DELETE his entire forum. Not just his own answers, but all of the questions that were asked, the personal stories that members shared with him - all of it. It apparently never occurred to him that the content belonged to the forum, not to him personally. Or he just didn't give a damn how his actions affected everyone else. So, after learning that I couldn't trust everyone to not go through and delete all of their posts, I was forced to put limits on deleting/editing. We've also had incidents where a member has gotten angry and decided to go through and just erase the content from his posts, leaving them empty (probably because he wasn't allowed to delete the posts.)

If you have a lot of posts you wanted deleted for privacy reasons, the simplest solution is to change your username to something that no one would ever associate with you. But if you just have one or two posts you want removed, one of the admins or moderators can probably help you out, assuming it doesn't mess up an important thread to remove your posts.

Return to “Suggestions/Comments”