What's the deal with all the bots?

If you have a suggestion or comment about the board you can share it here.
Astro Logical 1

What's the deal with all the bots?

Post by Astro Logical 1 »

There's always more bots on here than people. And their names are creepy. Alexia is seriously on here reading all this?
What interests do AI have in paganism anyways? To be quite honest, it's unsettling. I started looking at who is online because I'm noticing not much activity, yet a ton of views on topics. Why on earth are terminators on here?
Love and Blessings
L.J.Hex

Re: What's the deal with all the bots?

Post by L.J.Hex »

Because Skynet needs to know who to mark for immediate termination when the takeover happens.

To be honest, no idea why in the hell all the bots are reading everything in here, but it seems to be a thing these days. As far as I know, the only way to not allow bots to read stuff would be hidden forums which are invitation only, needing admin to allow people to view them. That's how it worked back when my previous band had a forum, but I don't think its practical in here. We had three layers on the forum, the public one, visible but accessible only to members we allowed and a completely hidden inner circle. Looking at the numbers, the completely hidden forum was the only one which was only read by the few people who had access, everything else was out in the open.

I have adblock on my browser, so I don't see any adverts, but its astonishing what the advert sniffer bots are reading. I have had so eerie adverts come up depending on what I have been talking about that its totally nuts and I'm pretty sure that everything is being read and recorded somewhere. At least every "social" media is under 100% snooping all the time, no matter how "private" its supposed to be. Forums are way easier to keep private. At least private posts and hidden forums are under normal circumstances.. Unless there is a backdoor to access all that stuff, I've been on a forum where admin acted in totalitarian manner, accessing "private" chats and messages without permission and so on... It resulted into the truth leaking out and mass exodus and bans and a forum split later.

But the bots here, its just lovely to have everything from Google to Bing to Alexa with us, just dandy. Now, bots, read my lips, I have a message for you. Go on, activate my mic and listen in carefully, I will tell how much I like you. :twisted:
By my feet the flowers of witchery abloom.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I've had a couple occasions in which something I mentioned once only on this board turned up within hours on the YT menu offerings: main example was a one line reference to My Favorite Martian tv show from the '60's. Out of the blue - so to speak - a dozen MFM videos were in my youtube menu & had never been there before nor ever searched for by me. The algorithms search for "matches" to offer plus sometimes make a sales pitch. On line chats, face bk, twatter etc are all fodder for the AI.

But hey, now I can't get YouTube on my outdated iPad anymore since something was changed on YT (i was on YT at midnite 12/12) that ominous date of Dec 13, the rescheduled date for the Hu€ber testimony before Congress that Tubers were watching but MS news declined to cover. It had originally been set for Dec 5 - but a former president's funeral just happened to coincidentally shut down DC that very day. One wonders at the Why of so many cross currents & the off-center casket in the Rotunda. Amongst many high profile investigations, shady dealings behind the scenes in social media were anticipated to be eventually exposed. That last disgusting troll visitor here used buzz words, images & dark web social media hooks. Can't tell if he was gaming or a paid shill. Fruit Loops was not my favorite cereal either.

One thought in my brain pan is that bots collect spells as buzz words when posted because AI scans search links on topics of popular interest on the web. Frequently used search words get priority so 27 views appear the instant we post something. The bots are all over it. It's the way it's supposed to work but the system has it's definite down side & ops for social mind control through censorship of what's allowed. If you control the search topics your AI knows where to look for more.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Search engine bots constantly scan websites and forums for new content to index. If it’s something more than that, I don’t know what.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Alexa is a website ranking site. It’s not Amazon’s “Alexa”.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

That's probably all the bots do, they dig stuff for search engines and advertising.... But there's also quite a potential for automated snooping on people and profiling them. Although profiling is unnecessary as people do it themselves voluntarily on "social" media anyway. :roll:
By my feet the flowers of witchery abloom.

Return to “Suggestions/Comments”