Gender Identity Options?

If you have a suggestion or comment about the board you can share it here.
Bychan Wulf

Re: Gender Identity Options?

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Lol Shawn, I thought about this too : ))
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
Silvana

Post by Silvana »

Shawn Blackwolf wrote:We have a discriminatory gender identification program ?

That's a new one...;)
Why discriminatory?
It's only how Mother Nature made us. *smiles*

I see nothing wrong with showing who you are, or who you feel you are.
Plus, everyone can choose to do so or not.

Edit: OH, you guys were speaking of Female Option now showing? It shows for me, but not any of them actually save for showing up when I post.
Luckily my avatar say's everything! *laughs*

Blessed be!
Siona

Post by Siona »

planewalker wrote:One could use tri-sexual. I'll try anything sexual at least once. I've always considered every person unisexual - it all happens in the brain, that's in every sex
I know this is sort of an old post, but for what it's worth... Gender identity and sexual identity aren't the same thing.
ZippyZoo

Post by ZippyZoo »

I think non-binary, trans, gender-fluid, and other should be options.

if there could be transwoman, transman, that'd be cool too. idk i guess i personally don't think it'd complicate things having a lot anyway, since all you gotta do is scroll and pick, and most folks will pick once and forget about it anyway, and the benefit would be increased inclusivity and validation.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

I don't feel gender should matter it has nothing to do with the Craft. I don't think the Gods/Goddesses much care how we humans wish to identify or function sexually. We are free to think and do as we will so long as we harm none. This issue is really nobodies business nor should it be anyone's concern. We are ONE gathering of "Wise Ones".
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

For some people, gender identity is an intrinsic part of who they are, and it affects every aspect of their life, including the Craft. I encounter that every shift I work. We may be on our path to an enlightened place where gender doesn't matter, but we have far to go. I think we owe it to the membership to respect their wishes in matter of gender identification.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

Certainly if gender concerns are significant to one of our own we must respect whatever such concerns may be what is not important to me may well be paramount to others. Good point SnowCat.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
FaePug

Post by FaePug »

Hello! I realize I haven't been on the site long and this post is old but I noticed this post and thought that my view might be a little useful, as a Transgender person myself.
First of all, "Other" is...a little offensive. Not the biggest deal, but wording does matter, and "Other" basically feels like Trans people are "the other" (aka not normal). I realize that wasn't the intention, but it is how it feels.
Since Trans Men are men and Trans Women are women, the option of "trans" does not make much sense, especially it being separate from Gender Fluid (as Gender Fluid is under the umbrella term of Transgender). To me, it would make the most sense to have "Man," "Woman," and "Nonbinary" but that's just how I see it.
Thanks for reading and I hope this made even a little bit of sense.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I think "Other" was in the sense that as workers of and in other realms places not of this world, and some people feel to be part Faye among Other things, that was why that was chosen, But then as I remember Starwitch said the board is set up to only have like 4 options...actually I'm rather offended that the female option doesn't work..LoL I tried to address this before, no one seems to listen :(
bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Germany just recognized an includes-all phrase as " diverse"
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I added several new gender options to the list. Please check your profile to make sure it still shows your correct gender. If you previously chose an option other than "Female" or "Male", there's a good possibility that it could say something different now. Messing around with the drop-down list options in the admin settings has that effect.

Below is a screenshot of the new gender options. Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions. I used some of those, in addition to some of the ones from Planned Parenthood's Transgender Identity Terms and Labels. I hope there's something here that will work for everyone.
Gender Options
Gender Options
2019-01-05.jpg (19.5 KiB) Viewed 3194 times
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

That's great! Thanks so much for this, Star!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ha! Female at last. :fairy: :surprisedwitch:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen: