Online Coven

If you have a suggestion or comment about the board you can share it here.
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Online Coven

Post by Naudia Threng »

So, I've looked around all deosil and widdershins and not found a coven. And as I've been here, you would make a great high priestess, have you ever thought of making this ir a separate coven that's online? I've been experimenting with spells over the computer & mobile, it seems to work!
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Online Coven

Post by Xiao Rong »

Aww, that's a really flattering thing to say -- I'm blushing! Although I'm still quite new on this path and have only just started working with a group IRL, so not sure I'm high priestess level yet! (maybe in several decades). Although I'm very curious to know if other people have had experience with online covens ... I'm not sure how the mechanics of that would work. Anyone worked with an online coven before? It's a neat idea ...
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

That's an interesting idea. I've never been part of a coven, so I would also be curious about the workings of an online coven.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
random417

Post by random417 »

Online magickal or ritual work tends to be very high ritual drama based, or very um... fantasy style symbolism almost astral work. The hardest part is finding the head space where you have the trance level to pretty much visualize everything, but can still do the physical work as far as computers and such. Works pretty well with a real time connection though
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

That's a really interesting idea, I have to agree. We have a bigger coven/group here where I live, but they're starting to accept any and all nature-based paths which is really cool!

I'm not sure how an online one would work, as I'm not even sure how in-person covens work.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Random, I've actually found that using Skype, or something like it, that if you do a spell with someone at the same time as your doing it, it works just as well. And phone readings, doing spells over the phone seems to work to.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

I've been looking more, and found that any online "covens" are really just people trying to give lessons on their beliefs. This could be a new thing! We could have a completely open (except things involving blood rituals and ewwy stuff) online coven! It would be worldwide! A haven those still in the broom closet and a brand new expierience for veteran solitary practioners!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

You might be on to something Noah. And I like the part about leaving out the blood rituals and ewwy stuff. Great terminology there!

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Heh, thanks. Also, we don't necessarily need a high priest(ess) just yet. We could be open for a veteran to join us!
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

I'd be willing to open one. And if anyone would join, we could search for a high priest/ess
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I do have to say it's an interesting idea, to say the least. (: I'm rather intrigued. I know I said, but I wanted to reiterate. Haha.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Haha, adorable idea ;)

I'm curious how that would work technically. High Priestesses are people who are formally initiated in one of the traditions of Wicca and you only need a High Priestess in your coven (in this case - an online coven) if you want it to be a legit, "official" coven. But if you want to be in an "official" coven then you need to be initiated by the High Priestess. And how would that work online? :D
I mean the whole idea is great but I don't think it's necessary to have any High Priestess. Someone like a Mentor could serve the purpose just as well if not better in an online coven. But it is indeed interesting - I'm wondering if that's how it's going to work in the future - online covens all around, using google glass and stuff to do rituals together. Really interesting :)
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

That's a great idea! Thanks! Any takers?
azriel

Post by azriel »

Would this coven be strictly one path?

I do not really have any experience with coven's so I do not know how they function.

Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Of course not. Well do you me divine path? Or right, wrong, and fate? Because it'll be all except wrong. Ye harm non, an carry on.

Return to “Suggestions/Comments”