Two birds with one stone...

If you have a suggestion or comment about the board you can share it here.
MsMollimizz

Two birds with one stone...

Post by MsMollimizz »

First, how does one delete message from message box ?
Two, how about a woman's only board ?
The boys can have one also...
password protected so the boys can't get in.
There are some subject I would imagine that
would be discussed if the guys/gals aren't around ?
What do you think ?
:flyingwitch:
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Two birds with one stone...

Post by Xiao Rong »

Thought Kassandra already explained why the women- and men-only forums wouldn't work? Because there's no real way to guarantee anyone is the gender they say they are ...

I wouldn't mind having some forums dedicated to women's issues or men's issues, but there's no reason why it needs to be password-protected.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hmm. That's odd. I thought we could delete messages, but we can only move the messages to a "Saved" folder; can't delete them. Interesting. Anyway, to at least move them out of your Inbox, click the box to the right of any message(s) you want to move, then at the bottom right of the screen, click on the down-arrow of the drop down menu, then click on "Move marked to Saved messages." It looks like that's all we can do.

Yes, the women-only forum idea was addressed already recently:
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum/what-you-think-t24178.html But hey, I'm flexible...MsMollimizz, if you can promise Starwitch that you'll visit the home of every single person that joins such a forum, ensuring that the person posting at that very moment is indeed a female (now this may take Santa Claus-like powers, but I know I'm dealing with witches, so anything's possible), then, Dear Lady, you got yourself a deal there. :wink:

Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

You can now delete private messages. I fixed the setting.

We used to have a forum to talk about private situations that mostly applied to women. It was for people who had suffered rape and abuse. What happened was that there were only around 50 or so members in the group who had access to the forum and they weren't always replying to new posts. So some poor girl would pour her heart out and tell us all her deepest secrets and fears, only to be ignored by everyone. It was pretty awful. I figured that anyone with abuse issues would be better off if they joined a forum specifically targeted toward abuse survivors. So I closed that group and forum.

I guess you can take comfort in knowing that you're (hopefully) using an anonymous username here on the forum and if you want to share something personal, there should be no way it would get back to your family, friends, or acquaintances. There are a lot of sleazy men online who pretend to be female so they can gain access to women and girls. We've had guys like that here before and I don't want to encourage them to return by enticing them with a "girls only" forum. Otherwise, it's a good idea, but it's just not practical on the web where everyone is anonymous.

Starwitch
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

I believe password protected would work because one would have
to sign up for the board and then given the password so as we would
feel more comfortable talking about female things when we know
the boys won't be around...
I've seen this work on another board, that's why I suggested it.
:flyingwitch:
Gentle Light
MsMolli
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Our last private forum was available only to the members of that particular group, so it's similar to password protection, only easier. But like I said...
We used to have a forum to talk about private situations that mostly applied to women. It was for people who had suffered rape and abuse. What happened was that there were only around 50 or so members in the group who had access to the forum and they weren't always replying to new posts. So some poor girl would pour her heart out and tell us all her deepest secrets and fears, only to be ignored by everyone. It was pretty awful. I figured that anyone with abuse issues would be better off if they joined a forum specifically targeted toward abuse survivors. So I closed that group and forum.
I still don't see any solution to that problem. You need a very busy, active forum to be able to successfully operate small groups and private forums. We have, what, three people at a time online here? I don't really see much interest in this idea.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

We can have a thread, or threads, specifically regarding such issues, and ask that people respect the content and posters. I don't think having a women only area would be that useful. Some of the guys have some very helpful thoughts on women's issues because they've seen a loved one go through the pain and trauma involved.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

You're welcome to start any thread you want to try.

Return to “Suggestions/Comments”