No politics rule still on?

If you have a suggestion or comment about the board you can share it here.
SapphireRoad

No politics rule still on?

Post by SapphireRoad »

Now that Starwitch's wish has been fulfilled

could we abolish the no politics rule?

We had economy discussion with Mr.Crowley in topic called something like 'Why not witches cast spells to make themselves rich'
and I'd like to add something there. It might be impossible though, to talk economy related stuff without calling it politics.

Also astrology is often related to power observation which shapes the world.
Magic also.

Thanks for hearing me out
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: No politics rule still on?

Post by Firebird »

Can you send her a message on facebook and ask that question? She answers there pretty quickly.
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Yes, I just did that. Thanks for the suggestion.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Sorry, I really can't see changing the rule until the Cult of Trump has died. Nothing has ever been so dangerous to American people and our democracy. We have members chomping at the bit to spread right-wing conspiracy theories right here on my board. I don't want it even mentioned here, primarily because I don't want anything to do with brainwashing people into an extremist right-wing ideology based on lies and conspiracies. But also, because, if your website that has that kind of content on it, search engines and other sites may rightfully choose to block access to it.

And please, dear members, if anyone you meet here contacts you privately and attempts to draw you into "saving the children" or stopping pedos or anti-vaccine stuff or whatever, I hope you will tell me. That path is as dangerous as any addictive drug. As you fall deeper into the addictive rabbit hole, you will start losing friends and family, because they'll think you're nuts, but you won't be able to stop seeing the "signs" everywhere you look (because the right-wing trolls inventing this conspiracy chose quite common "signs" as proof of the evil they claim to be hunting.)

And everyone should always keep in mind that literally anything can be photoshopped or video-edited these days. Even a regular idiot like me can sit here at my PC and create a video of some ghastly event that never happened. The technology is available to the general public now. You don't have to be a movie director to make a video of Hillary killing a child. But some people will believe anything, and they already want to believe that the Left is evil, mostly because the Left doesn't wear Christianity on their sleeve like the Right does. (Also because we have people of color voting on our side.) I can't tell you how disheartening it is to see pagans and witches pulled into a conspiracy-driven ideology, whose adherents would burn them at the stake if given the chance. How can a witch possibly think conservatives are on their side?

Anyway, as you can see, the "politics" of Trump (what the Right thinks of as their politics) is still very active and continuing to cause serious damage to America and other countries. If you're not paying attention, well, maybe that's a good thing, but, if you're American, please vote Democratic if you care about religious freedom, human rights, LGBTQ rights, racial equality, women's reproductive rights, treating immigrants well, Climate Change, and basically just everything that makes sense and makes you a decent person. Republicans are against all of that. I can see how that might sound like an exaggeration, but ask one of them about any of those topics and you'll see. These hateful conspiracy mongers are ready and willing to take up arms to try to take down the Left.

Watch the impeachment trial, starting at 1:00 pm EST today, to see how Trump brainwashed millions of people into believing outright lies, which led them to storm the Capitol building in an attempted coup. Ask that Shaman dude what he thinks of Trump now.

I expect this conversation to go completely off the rails. Personally, I can't handle getting into a discussion about this kind of stuff. So please keep in mind that I'm fine with simply closing EUTM forum to new posts and leaving it up as a read-only board. It makes no money (but costs quite a bit), gets very little traffic, and causes me no end of headaches. I will likely close it eventually anyway. I've been thinking about it for years. I'm not threatening anyone. I'm just telling you the truth about where I'm at regarding the forum, and that anyone pushing this issue will probably cause me to do something I've wanted to do for a while.

I can't believe my website is 23 years old. Wow. I'm not sure of the exact age of the forum, but the main part of the site was built in 1998. Oh yeah, I think the earliest forum posts go back to 2004, so the forum turned 17 years old in January. That's pretty cool, I guess. We're part of Internet history. smiley_dance :flyingwitch:
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

I actually agree with no politics rule on the grounds that it prevents the spread of Right wing conspiracies that could cause real life harm. (We know because it has.) It also prevents liable.

I came to this board for witchcraft and Wicca, anyway. So no sweat off my back.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Starwitch posted: “Ican't believe my website is 23 years old. Wow. I'm not sure of the exact age of the forum, but the main part of the site was built in 1998. Oh yeah, I think the earliest forum posts go back to 2004, so the forum turned 17 years old in January. That's pretty cool, I guess. We're part of Internet history. smiley_dance :flyingwitch:

Congratulations Starwitch 🤗 17! Way to go.
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

I am happy not to see anything regarding politics, be them left or right wing related. Really happy to find politics free forums nowadays.

17 years is an awful long time. I wasn't even 40 back then haha.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Starwitch wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:29 amAnd everyone should always keep in mind that literally anything can be photoshopped or video-edited these days. Even a regular idiot like me can sit here at my PC and create a video of some ghastly event that never happened.
I am your servant.
RavenClaw

Post by RavenClaw »

I agree with the no politics rule, especially for a site like this. Congrats for 17 years!
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

SpiritTalker wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:58 pm so the forum turned 17 years old in January. That's pretty cool, I guess. We're part of Internet history. smiley_dance :flyingwitch:

Congratulations Starwitch 🤗 17! Way to go.
Yeah 17 sounds like a work worthy of recognition in spiritual field.
Now it is 17 and half - does it empower the argument?

Starwitch told me she had board pre-paid until some November 2021 so if you like some files it might be time to start doing the backup of your own.

Blessed be
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Now that we are prevented from talking politics and conspiracy theories I can say admin and owner have their right to use their private property as they like.
Extremes are bad, I agree.

Well, if we read modern era occult and new age books, they mostly agree on the fact that governments hurt the craft because of their lack of moderation and instead of peace do seek over-exagerated drama (maybe problem you have with Trump supporters, which is fair)
thence to me witchcraft which prohibits both conspiracy theories and political polemics sounds fair to prevent users from long disputes
nonetheless
it really does remind me of Bill Hicks and his gag about ´government-approved rock n´roll´ with this being a parallel to a ´government approved witchcraft´
I do hope you don´t feel vexed by me stating this opinion.
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

You are being somewhat incoherent. Please work on your sentence structure. And you are sneaking politics and conspiracy theories in through the backdoor, which is annoying. Please just let it rest, it has no place here and drives people away.

Return to “Suggestions/Comments”