*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

How do you access the forum? (Tapatalk?)

How do you access the forum? (Tapatalk?)

Postby Starwitch » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:55 pm

What are you using to access this forum? The forum requires a plug-in if we want to be able to use the Tapatalk app, but I'm not sure it's really even worth it from what I'm hearing about it. It's a hassle for me to update the Tapatalk plug-in, so if there aren't many people using it, I'm going to get rid of it. Are there better ways to access the forum through your smartphone?
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Re: How do you access the forum? (Tapatalk?)

Postby Yex » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:25 pm

I usually access the forum on my laptop, so just using chrome, but on the occasion that I do access it on my phone, I use tapatalk.
love is the whole and more than all
Yex

Postby Mystie.Graves » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:18 am

I've been mostly using the app, but if needed it can be done on a phones browser too, just might be a little more difficult to read. Still perfectly doable without the app.

The app is convenient but with the trouble it is causing I can see where removing it might be required.

If you choose to keep it, maybe there is a mod/admin/Etc who uses the app already that you might feel comfortable granting admin controls over the app?

What I understood from tapatalk support was if you login as an admin (I believe as an admin IN tapatalk) you can control it all.

But again... Might be too much of a pain, it depends on the apps ease of use in the admin settings to determine if it will even be worth it. It might be too complicated for just anyone to use, or it could be very user friendly. There are many programs/apps/addons out there, they are all different.

Or you might not have anyone who uses the app that you can grant admin access to(Or feel comfortable doing so).

Whatever the case may be, there's options.

I'm sure your members will go with the flow of any choice you make. =)

Also think about this... EUTM has been around longer than anyone had access through tapatalk. So it's not required to function. On the other hand, I'm sure there might be some members who signed up after seeing EUTM through tapatalk. I know of some people who asked how to join through tapatalk & I messaged them with a link & instructions because you can't Signup through tapatalk, only through the forum itself on a browser.

I'll go with whatever you choose, but I do admit to liking the convenience of the app.

=)

=#=Mystie.Graves=#=
=#=Mystie.Graves=#=
Mystie.Graves

Postby samikcha » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:23 am

I use tapatalk to access the forum because it is a cumbersome to use it from chrome on my android..

love love love:*
samikcha

Postby samikcha » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:29 am

Could you please find something else to replace Tapatalk with if you are going to discard it. Just a suggestion and like Mystie Graves I find Tapatalk more convenient.

love love love:*
samikcha

Postby moonraingirl » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:33 am

I use tapatalk to read the forum while I'm at work. I think it was tapatalk, not browser where I found the forum.
But of course, if it's a hassle I understand if you choose not to support it.
moonraingirl

Postby Bychan Wulf » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:42 am

I use Chrome both from my computer and phone. Everything is more organised like that. For me tapatalk is useful just for connecting with the others and receiving notifications when somebody writes me a pm or quotes my post.
We can do it without the app too,don't bother too much about it. The most of us love the site regardless of its form ;)

P.S.the new members who want to register here may have problems finding the register button or understanding why they can't be accepted immediately. On tapatalk they can ask the other members for aid or just ask questions so that they convince themselves that what we do here is true.
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
Bychan Wulf

Postby SnowCat » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:11 pm

I post almost exclusively from my phone. I don't use TapaTalk.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat

Postby TwilightDancer » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:06 pm

I just use chrome on my phone. I've never used tapatalk.

It would be nice to not have to worry about the ads anymore. :fairy:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
TwilightDancer

Postby YanaKhan » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:45 am

I also use browsers, both on my computer and my phone. Downloaded the app, but it's nothing I would use as I don't see the forum as it is on the browser and it doesn't look as tidy to me. I guess it's a matter of taste. But I vote remove the app if it's going to cause trouble.
When everybody is thinking the same, nobody is thinking enough!
No battle is over until I win!
"Imagination creates reality". Richard Wagner
YanaKhan

Postby SpiritTalker » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:39 am

I use an I-Pad...and whatever it came with.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby firebirdflys » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:44 pm

I have no problem surfing the pages here from my android tablet. I switch around from Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. They all work fine, Chrome...the best.
I would presume only the folks with tapatalk can see the emoji like [Heavy Black Heart] << this is what it looks like for those without tapatalk.
It also seems to create trouble for those trying to add a pic.
Bb, Firebird
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Postby CleverlyDisguised » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:26 pm

Mah phone using Tapatalk!
CleverlyDisguised

Postby RosieMoonflower » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:01 pm

I also use Tapatalk. It's convenient for me because I follow a couple of other forums on Tapatalk and it keeps them organized and in one place for easy access. I have not tried viewing the site through chrome yet, but I could download chrome on my phone and try it if need be.

Rosie
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby Starwitch » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:56 pm

Thanks for all the feedback! We'll keep Tapatalk, since a lot of people do use it. Getting it updated is a different issue though, and some of the problems we're having stem from the plug-in here on the forum not being updated. That's why the moderators and I can't admin the Tapatalk forum and chat room.

It stinks about the ads in signatures. Hopefully a member or mod will write to each person with ads in their signature and direct them toward the thread that tells them how to turn that off. Tapatalk should be happy to have our traffic in their app. They shouldn't be putting ads on this forum.

Thanks Mystie.Graves, for PM'ing me about Tapatalk and helping with the adult content spam.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Next

Return to EUTM Rules and Announcements