*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Do you touch? :O

For discussion and questions about the tarot.

Re: Do you touch? :O

Postby Nixie » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:22 am

I do and I don't...

It depends on the deck they have chosen for the reading, I let them shuffle and split the deck of my Rider-Waite deck and occasionally my Cosmic deck (when i find the darned things). My Gilded deck doesn't like to be touched, so I do the shuffling and splitting.
I am the accident waiting to happen
Nixie

Postby SouthernBelle » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:09 am

I let them cut the deck but i read for a few of my family members once and they just started picking the cards up and looking at them i could almost hear my cards screaming and never EVER let a poker player shuffle your cards you will want to cry
SouthernBelle

Postby BeckyDarling » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:06 am

I don't mind if they touch my cards after I've laid them out... but I do all of the shuffling and all of the laying out. But once I've read them/flipped them over people can pick them up to look. :)
BeckyDarling

Postby Autumnal Rose » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:30 pm

I'm fine with people touching my cards when I am reading for them. I like it when a person gets really into the reading and picks the cards up and asks questions. I probably wouldn't be overly keen with people randomly touching my cards but I feel the rapport I have with them would override a casual pick up from someone else.
Autumnal Rose

Postby Twine » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:37 pm

Sure. They're like a iron skillet.
Scrape the gunk off, but never wash it.
You don't wanna lose the great flavor.
Twine
Banned Member

Postby Amaris » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:34 am

At first, when I started to use Tarot, I would let people touch my cards, but now I only let my boyfriend touch them and no one else (and even when he touches them I feel a little unsteady). I realized I don't like others to touch them and then to feel their energies all over my cards. It gives me shivers and I simply hate it when I see their fingers around my cards. And I get really irritated :))... A few times my cards were upset with me (if that makes sense) and wouldn't want to give me answers. But since I stopped letting others touch them, they are very "talkative" :D... I guess it depends from person to person ;)
Black and white is my perception in life, but my dreams are colourful!
Amaris

Previous

Return to Tarot Talk