*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Do you guys think global warming is real?

Helping Mother Earth, Recycling, Picking up Litter.

Re: Do you guys think global warming is real?

Postby Thitabe » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:51 pm

I think that the global warming is a cyclical event. It goes with our Ice Ages. We have them every 100,000 years or so. We left our last ice age about 10,000-12,000 years ago, so yes our climate is warming and will do so for about 90,000 more years. Is mankind having an impact on our environment? Yes, we have been impacting our environment for millions of years, but especially since we started farming and the domestication of live stock.
Thitabe

Postby Taltos » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:55 pm

Only when the last tree has been cut down and all the rivers have been poisoned will man realise that he can't eat money!
Taltos

Postby planewalker » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:50 am

Greetings Palefaces,
My people have been around for 30,000 years on this continent. We have many years of weather wisdom passed down among our people. We gave Ben and Thomas the Confederation of the Iroquois to use as the basis of your Constitution and Ben gave us the basis of the Gulf Stream to use in our climate models. We've moved south in front of a large glaciation and back north at the end of the last interglacial starting some 11,000 BCE. We've seen large migrations of, and extinctions of large creatures during this trudging back and forth.We have seen the fishing and hunting patterns change. We have always found a way to eat. And not eaten real well, for the first tens of years, after you pushed us from our lands. But we've always found ways to eat well after a few tens of years. I suppose you will look to have us teach you again. I don't know that we should but, we probably will. We can't stand to see our fellow man suffer, no matter the color of his skin or what he has done to us in the past. And they call us savages.
Be a Bandage on a Suffering and B!eeding World.
planewalker

Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Postby firebirdflys » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:41 am

Well, my favorite beach used to be hugely wide. It was a race to get across the expanse of burning hot sand.
Now its about 10 steps.
The north end of the beach was a great lesser visited area. It had always been much narrower. Many big and expensive houses pack the north end with only a couple beach access sidewalks between the homes. Well their Beach is all gone now, and giant boulders are in place to hopefully protect these homes.
But the thing that has me really convinced is the super strange weather we have been having. Seasons are arriving earlier than they used to by about 2 weeks to a month and this particular area has never been terribly humid but the last several Summers have been torturous with humidity unlike anything we've ever seen.
We also usually get a pretty good freeze or two in the winter. Not in about 5 or more years now.
yeah it's changing.
Bb, FF
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Postby Shekinah » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:54 pm

Without any doubt the human carbon footprint is responsible for global warming. We are beginning to feel the consequences with severe weather phenomenon, agriculture is suffering as flood and drought ravage the Ag belt and tropical insects move north. If we look at the numbers and geological evidence only an idiot will dispute the problem. We are reverting to a Tribal society where-in the collective opinion of the tribe supersedes common sense of the individual. The naysayers thumping their bibles proclaim man cannot damage the handy works of God so the mindless masses continue their devastating behavior and remain a plague upon the planet. These people will not change and we are soon beyond the point of no return when global heating will make life impossible. The consequences of rising ocean temperatures will probably cause so much adversity for the human population that long before the earth becomes a new Venus we will not survive international conflicts. As a scientific person I do not believe in global warming I KNOW it is in progress.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. Governments keep the multitudes under a tight span of control with distractions, trinkets, religious myth and disinformation.
Shekinah

Postby planewalker » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:22 pm

The tribes vote aye ! Will just teach you palefaces again, those who make the reservation that is. Federal law you know. Yeah! We're a little touchy about that still! And you think you'll find unhidden Indians by youselfs OKAY!
Be a Bandage on a Suffering and B!eeding World.
planewalker

Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Previous

Return to Environmentalism