*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

I won't be like my mother/father thread :)

Got a joke; A weird story? Like to travel? Like Games or quizzes? Well this is a place for that.

I won't be like my mother/father thread :)

Postby YanaKhan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:33 am

Well, like many people in their teens, I have sworn to not be like my mother.
My mom is an extremely tidy person, almost to the point of obsession. In the weekends, when I usually get up, take a shower and sit in front of the TV with a giant cup of coffee, she gets up, brushes her teeth and starts cleaning to the point that everything is squeaky clean and then takes a shower and grabs coffee.

When I was a teen, my mom would throw my clothes out of my closet if she didn't like the order in it :) So I swore I would never yell at my kid about tidying and cleaning.

Today, I am constantly breaking that promise :D I often shout "Clean up this mess this instant if you don't want your things in the bin!" and "If you ever eat in your room again, you'll be cleaning the whole house for a month!" and things like that.

So, what's the thing you promised not to repeat that your parents did and have you broken it or have you kept it?
When everybody is thinking the same, nobody is thinking enough!
No battle is over until I win!
"Imagination creates reality". Richard Wagner
YanaKhan

Re: I won't be like my mother/father thread :)

Postby Lady_Lilith » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:11 am

Ugh. My grandparents were similar. I never understood cleaning on weekends. My days off are to relax. Not clean!!!

When I would clean it was never to their standards. It was always "half arse". I can't be like that. I just... Can't.

Oh and they had maids do some cleaning for them. At which they would complain they weren't doing it right.
"Often I will spin a tale, never will I charge a fee. I'll amuse you an entire eve, but, alas, you won't remember me. What am I?" -Sloth
Lady_Lilith

Postby planewalker » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:14 am

My dad liked hitting for distance if not for average. I don't hit anything I don't want to break, hurt or kill. I found something much worse. I'd have them sit and listen to a lecture of about 30 minutes.
Be a Bandage on a Suffering and B!eeding World.
planewalker
Banned Member

Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Postby SpiritTalker » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:54 am

I never comprehended the purpose of a china hutch full of the "good" dishes & silverwear that were used only on ThanksgivingChristmasEaster. However, I have a Wonder Woman mug for when I need it. It's a hold-over dish fettish rooted in the forbidden china hutch.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby SnowCat » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:29 pm

I won't be an alcoholic like my father. I won't die of an accidental drug overdose like my nephew. Both of them left us too soon.
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat

Postby Ashrend » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:04 pm

I don't have kids and I don't know if I ever will, but whilst growing up my mother was ocd , she bubble wrapped me and made me at a disadvantage in life in general. I've been working for years to stop being so socially inept and still need plenty more work. She wasn't very supportive in anything so I have made it my life's ambition since I was young to be open minded, to try and not judge a book by its cover and hip people when I can. To give them the treatment and love and I wish I had been given when I was young.
Ashrend

Return to Fun things