*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Wiccan Youtube channels / Wicca for beginners

Share your favorite music and videos here.

Wiccan Youtube channels / Wicca for beginners

Postby MissMantra » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:24 am

Hello,
I am new to this forum. Searching for Youtube related discussions, I only found posts from years ago. So I thought I start a new one.
I am new to Wicca and am beginning to learn more about it. I find Youtube very helpful to collect information and get in touch with other witches. So I was wondering: Do you have any youtube channel recommendations? Do you think it is good for research? Do you maybe have your own channel?

I have been watching Harmony Nice for example. But a few days ago, I found this rather strange video about room cleansing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX0aZWfD4z0
Do you think this is wiccan or just some joke? Would love to hear your thoughts!
MissMantra

Re: Wiccan Youtube channels / Wicca for beginners

Postby SpiritTalker » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:57 am

I like YouTube a lot but, as with anything, use good sense and discretion. I've found many useful videos. Good ones hold the camera still, don't stammer and "uh-um" and get to the point with clarity.

Harmony Nice is entertaining & i enjoy her stories for fun. She's not particularly informative in Wiccan details. Her altar set up & circle casting were OK, but I wish she explained the reasons that things are done one way over another. I think that would make her posts better.

The room cleansing tutorial is a staged joke, as obvioisly the poster managed to upload. I wouldn't be surprised if the poster had some developmental issues. The "room she lives in" (her own words) had a high-end institutional look. It lacked personal mementos but was is no way minimalist. Taping up photos might psychologically make a person feel good, but ... Well, cleanse; really? :lol:

As with any teaching video, view several on a topic to get a broader understanding. One channel i like is Pagan Perspectives. It has been running a long time, with new material and weekday hosts. Obviously the basics of witchcraft never change, only the ways in which it is discussed. Edit: Starting Out Solitary is another fairly good one.

My personal favorite trad witch channels are OwlVineGreen, MrShadowbwoy & Kelden. Noah Tempestarii frequently features how-to spells and interviews, no frills, inexpensive stuff.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby firebirdflys » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:20 am

Yikes!
Well anyone who can't make their bed before making a video isn't worth listening to.
I'm with Spirit, if it isnt a joke it's real creepy, I would not "feel" better with all those faces everywhere. Certainly not a cleansing, maybe a form of protection, but if that were the case I'd choose a vicious lion or something and place the photos out, (turned over) to stave off the boogy man.
Magick Tv is a pretty good channel. The rev. Don does some good interviews with well known pagans and other very informative bits.
https://m.youtube.com/user/MagickTv
Bb, Firebird
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Postby MissMantra » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:56 am

Thank you for all those recommencations and your thoughts :-)
MissMantra

Return to Music & Videos