*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Wicca Advice

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.

Wicca Advice

Postby Akira » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:35 am

I'm new to Wicca. I have a few books and just a few tools, but other than that, I get easily lost. Anyone have a general direction they recommmend that i go in? Or any advice they'd like to share?
Akira

Postby Wolf Heart » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:14 am

Try to gather as much information as you possibly can. Books, the net, and of course the forums. The best way to really start out is with information, and when it comes to spells/rituals etc, start out small.

Blessed Be,
Wolf Heart
~*People fear the beast within the wolf because they do not understand the beast within themselves.*~
Wolf Heart

Postby Akira » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:28 pm

Well right now, i'm trying to get the tools to do all of that. I got a list from a friend of mine of the basics so im trying to get all of those. And i have a place locally where i can buy candles so i'll probably go ahead and get a candle of each of the colors.

What do you mean by start out small? Like what is small?
Akira

Postby [EarthWitch] » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:15 pm

I started out with just a few items. If you are going to practice Wicca then there are guides that tell you pretty much what you need. I think there is a lot of emphasis on the "tools"; wands, cauldrons, athame, bolline, beasom and all that stuff, but I am not really sure as I am not Wiccan. I do not have all those things. I do not use or need them with the way that I cast spells and worship. Do some reading. Do not go out and buy alot of things until you understand what it is that they are used for and if you really need them. Some books will tell you that you need a besom, to cleanse your space, but the one that I used what given to me by a beautiful pine tree ( a branch) that I used to cleanse my space. My wands were gifts from nature, a willow tree, an apple tree and a honeysuckle vine. I have lots of candles, but I love candle magick. When you decide what you need, then meditate on it and ask the Goddess and it will find you!
...not all who wander are lost... (tolkein)

I am the daughter of Earth and Water
and the nursling of the sky-
I pass through the pores of the oceans and shores
I change, but I never die.
-shelley-
[EarthWitch]

Postby [Melissa] » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:10 pm

First of all welcome to the Forum and welcome to your craft.
I am not a Wiccan, I haven't been for many years, since that wasn't the right path for me. But good for you for deciding that's whats right for you.

There are many ways you can start out small, do simple spells, don't buy to much for in many ways there are simple things around your house or in your garden you can use as an easy substitute.

An Atheme for instance, I'm my opinion isn't really needed since a cleansed knife can be used, even a circle can be cast anywhere as long as you are in the right frame of mind. No tools are needed.

At home all I use is Incense, candles, salt and water for my basic spells since the Lord and Lady know I'm not made of money :)

Read a lot is another thing you can do and here we have a lot of info if at anytime your stuck.

Good Luck to you with your chosen path.

Bright Blessing ~Melissa
[Melissa]

Postby Akira » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:38 pm

Thanks for all your help you guys. I got a good link from a friend of mine to get stuff from. I think its Wiccan Way. Awesome online store.
Akira

Re: Wicca Advice

Postby SpiritTalker » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:13 am

I'm new to Wicca. I have a few books and just a few tools, but other than that, I get easily lost. Anyone have a general direction they recommmend that i go in? Or any advice they'd like to share?

A good starting place is to involve your senses in your art. Simplify.

Build your kit
. Test some different herbs for how they work with you. Make it personal. Rub each between your fingers, smell & taste. Appealing herbs suggest blessing & summoning uses & repellent ones suggest banishing & protective uses.
. Collect stones from 3 different locations. Notice their markings. Water smooth stones aid healing. Stones with a band aid wishes, stones with criss cross lines aid path-finding. Stones with holes clear through are used as protective amulets. White quartz is all-purpose. Hold & stroke a stone while chanting the goal.
. Add salt, oil & candles & you’re good to go.
. Let your inner senses greet the Spirit of the Place where ever you’re at. Leave offerings for Nature.
. Home cleansing spells are good to start with.

Make an altar/work area
. An altar honors both Deities & Nature's elements: land, sea, & sky, & fire is of the gods
. Starter Gear: Heat-safe incense/fire bowl, candle holders, libation cup/dish
. Ritual Tools: the wand invites & the blade commands; they represent air & fire interchangeably,. Chalice & pentacle represent water & earth & are used to charge potions & spells & for offerings. Start using them.

Simplify Ritual
. Clear sacred space by sweeping in a (<~) widdershins circle with any broom. Then project energy thru your pointing fingers as you walk around in a deosil(~>) circle. There's no summoning or dismissal & the circle dissipates by walking thru it.
. Observe the full moons with a simple circle & moon-gazing. Set a glass of water in moonlite to charge & sip later. After moon gazing, use your subtle senses & greet the Spirit-of-the-Place. Pour 1/2 of the water as offering & drink 1/2. Work spells as needed. Say thanks & ground to end the rite.
. Observe Samhain, Imbolc, Beltain & Lammas with a meal that features a seasonal food; go outdoors & extend your subtle senses to your surroundings to greet the Spirit of the Place; & share from the seasonal meal.

Magic
. Set intent into a tool or spell by drawing power on the breath to the belly; think of the goal, exhale & push power out thru your hands into whatever holds the spell.
. Use elemental correspondences to match the purpose to the element & select a spell-method & materials.

AIR - trance, intellect; use sigils, chant or a witches ladder tied with bundles of sage, mint; gold tiger eye
FIRE - partnership, vitality; use a candle spell, sprinkle rosemary, bay, basil around candle; red jasper
WATER - emotions, psychism; use potion or witches bottle with thyme, lemon, rose; sodalite or turquoise
EARTH - home, prosperity; use stone grids or stroking, 9-knot-cord; patchouli oil; green aventurine, jade
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Re: Wicca Advice

Postby barker » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:16 am

The elements are good from bad. The spells are good from evil. The good in you - well, that's your insight.
barker

Return to General Questions about Wicca & Magick