*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

white amethyst

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.

white amethyst

Postby dandilion heart » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:23 pm

does anyone know anything about white amethyst and its properties? it isnt quartz, its white amethist.

I held some the other day and i know this might sound strange but when i held it i found it encredibly purifying and it was like the entire world was suddenly cleansed with white light! i could also hear a high pitched vibration coming from it!!!!

its the most powerful stone i have ever held.
If anyone has ever seen it or had any experiences with this stone, or simply can tell me anything about it,
i would really appreciate it!

I have a feeling it may be especially magical...

blessed be,
pip
"Sometimes, Ive believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast" -Lewis Caroll
dandilion heart

Postby One Walker » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:53 pm

Hi Dandelion Heart!

I've been doing some digging and what you might have there is either Brandenburg Amethyst or possibly Lavender Amethyst. Both have a very high vibration rate.

Lavender Amethyst (All white with maybe just a hint of Lavender in it) takes you instantly into a Beta brain wave state which may account for the purifying and cleansing aspects you experienced. It brings Love and Light into the environment. It's hardness is 7; Chakra: Higher Crown and Throat; Zodiac: Aquarius and Pisces; and Planets: Jupiter and Neptune.

Brandenburg Amethyst is pure white to smoky and translucent to transparent. It has an extremely high vibration. It is good for transversing the multidimensional planes, emanates infinite compassion, and brings about deep soul healing and forgiveness. Excellent for house-cleansing and speeding recovery from illness. Smoky Brandenburg is said to be the finest tool available for removing implants, attachments, spirit possession, and mental influences. Also said to be the "Bar None' best stone for transformation or transition. It has all the same stats as Lavender Amethyst except for Chakra work, which is Third Eye, Crown, and Higher Crown.

In addition, both stones share all the uses or regular Amethyst as well. Hope this helped some!
:D

One Walker.
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.
One Walker

Postby dandilion heart » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:11 pm

Thank you so much one walker....

I think it must be Brandenburg Amethyst....

I think I might need to get some!
Thank you so much for that it's very helpful and answers a lot of my questions :)

It was almost singing to me when i was holding it... quite incredible. usually I hear sounds from stones... its quiet strange... when i hold river stones they have a low rumbling tone to them thats very grounding... bizzare huh?!
"Sometimes, Ive believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast" -Lewis Caroll
dandilion heart

Postby One Walker » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:26 am

You're always welcome, Dandilion Heart! That's too cool that you hear the sounds from stones. Normally all I sense is the vibrations and maybe a little talk from the stone telling me its purpose. And yes, it's normal for river stones to be extremely well grounded and have a slow but powerful and strong vibration. River stones usually come first from the Earth where they are initially cleansed. Then they're exposed to the Sun for more cleansing and energizing as the riverbanks wash away the earth. Finally, Water takes them for yet more cleansing as the river level rises and as the rain runs off over them. All this combines for very effective cleansing so the stones are very happy and well adjusted normally. That's why I love those river stones so much!

When I receive them and get them home I'll give them a cleaning with some mild degreasing dish soap to clean off the film of pollution that has accumulated on the surface. They find the soap somewhat annoying but understand the need. Quite often they'll start to laugh when I rinse them under clean water and scrub them down with a soft toothbrush. Then it's into an Epson Salt bath for cleansing and re-energizing. They LOVE that! Once that's done I put them out on the balcony in the sun for anywhere from a day to a week to soak up the rays and they're raring to go!

One Walker. :D

One Walker

Postby dandilion heart » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:55 pm

thats real beautiful that you care for youre river stones so well. What do you use them for? Anything grounding I would guess.... ?

I think some people are just more sensitive to picking things up on an energetic level than others and I think its very important to excercise that sensitivity.

I once had a piece of malachite, and it made me have crazy crazy mood swings!!

I get a similar feeling with white amethyst as I do with labradorite. except labradorite feels almost like the dark horse of the two.

Do you have any favourite crystals or stones?
dandilion heart

Postby One Walker » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:16 am

Hi Dandilion Heart!

Grounding is just a small part of it. I use the river stones just like any other stone or crystal for a wide variety of applications. They're very strong, especially those that have recognizable shapes to them. They've taken the form they've chosen so being what they want to be makes them far stronger than an artificially shaped one. For instance, I have one in the shape of a thumb and I utilize it as a decision-maker/tie-breaker. I have a Black Slate stone and a Sandstone that are shaped as a foot or shoe. Those are great for safety and security while traveling in any form. There's another Black stone with a White, ghostly figure in it that is great for Astral and spiritual protection. Yet another heart-shaped one is for nurturing and bringing Love. Here's some pictures:

On top of that there's plenty of strong and beautiful Quartz crystals and composites to be found. The cool thing about stones in general is that color and natural form matter much more so than the actual mineral content. My favorite stone? That would be tough but here's one of them:

I call it The Cradle. You can see the curvature in the first photo with a small, cream-colored 'nose' on the right. It has Quartz, Rose Quartz, Flint, Granite, and a conglomeration of other minerals in it. What makes this stone special to me is it's the first one that ever spoke in words to me. I was walking along a path in the wild while holding this stone when I noted a bark pattern and coloring on a pine tree that very closely resembled the pattern and coloring on the back of The Cradle. As I stood there contemplating this oddity the stone clearly said "Brother" to me.

Intrigued, I placed the stone against the tree and mentally projected the presence of the stone to the tree. A loving ache came over me and my eyes welled with tears of joy that were not mine. This was a reunion. It was a Karmatic event. In some age eons past the tree and rock had been one, part of one being, but had been lost to each other for millennia. It was a reincarnate event of a past-life connection not merely on the order of a few hundred years but many thousands if not millions-a date I cannot conceive of. It was not a 'remembrance' regression since both elements were here in the present and both remembered their shared common past at the same time. The tree wore the color and pattern on its bark in honor and as a remembrance of that past oneness.

After a few minutes I drew the rock away. Sap had pumped from the tree onto the rock in a quantity greater than what had been in that spot before. I repeated the process a few more times and each time the flow of sap opened onto the rock. I deeply felt the unmitigated joy between rock and tree at this reunion. They were also surprised. They did not understand how this reunion was happening or how it came to be, only that it was. That's all that mattered to them.

I projected a question to the rock, asking what the nature of the relationship between it and myself might come to be. It clearly said: "Nurture." Since then I have carried the stone to foster nurturing feelings not only in myself but in all manner of trees as well. It is excellent for healing of that nature but also for healing trees that are feeling poorly or are diseased.

So you can see and understand why I prefer stones I receive in the wild over store-bought stones that have been mined, tumbled, and polished (although I do have those as well. I just take extra steps to heal the stone of its pain and displeasure before utilizing it.).

One Walker

Postby dandilion heart » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:10 pm

one walker,
that is a beautiful story.
and that rock is very beautiful too and obviously belongs with you now! that will be an experience you will never forget coming so close to the spirits of nature like that. it brings tears to my eyes :) and makes me home sick but joyful all at the same time!
take care of those beautiful stones
dandilion heart

Postby One Walker » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:25 pm

Thanks, Dandilion Heart! It's true that it is close to me but now they all are! :lol: My 'family' is growing practically every day and every day it's a greater and greater Blessing. But the story made you homesick? How so if I may ask?

One Walker

Postby dandilion heart » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:45 pm

well, i live in new zealand and im 19...
all my life ive lived with my mom and brother in the forest and never in the town. when i was 8 we moved too a tiny town with only about 2000 population and that felt huge!
but we still lived on the outskirts in the bush by the river and the sea so it was fine and 2 months ago i moved to auckland which is the biggest city in new zealand and im living in a city appartment!!!

its fun and exhilirating but i do miss my home in the forest and the animals and nature spirits a lot!!!!

I spent all my time as a child in the forest alone playing and exploring most of the time and when i was a little older maybe 13 i would go and camp alone in the forest for days not far from home and those were very special times :)
dandilion heart

Postby One Walker » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:50 pm

Ah, okay. Well the stones are still out there for you. If you can get to a park, lake, river, or the ocean you just might find what you need! They have a tendency to find you if you know what I mean. :wink:

One Walker

Postby aradi » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:53 am

i think one walker covers all

and you have some beautiful stones \

i just wanted to say that the purple ones are stronger than the white one

and the darker they get in purple the better

that is from my experience
aradi