*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

where to start

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.

where to start

Postby movingcloud » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:30 pm

Ok, I've read many books, especially Scott Cunningham and Raymond Buckland (who were both awesome). I absorbed them like a dry sponge getting water. Gotten the tools that I need and made my own alter. A voice keeps telling me "ok you are ready! What are you waiting for?". I honor God/ess every morning and night. Even my husband says that since I've gotten back on this path things are going so much better for us. So can someone please tell me why I am so nervous about casting a circle and just "doing it"?
movingcloud

Re: where to start

Postby raynelae » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:50 pm

Don't be afraid! I was once afraid to cast a circle and practice Wicca and Witchcraft. The more you practice, the sooner your fear will fade away.
Blessed be :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
raynelae

Postby Tylluan » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:58 pm

Ask your guides to help you at first. Ask them for protection and imagine pure brilliant white light to fill you. Have everything ready and at hand first and do a run through first. Good luck, and follow your intuition.
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.
Tylluan

Postby movingcloud » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:39 pm

Thank you everyone. It will be soon I'm sure. Blessings.
movingcloud

Postby SpiritTalker » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:23 am

Try simplifying the ritual. Don't attempt the the whole ritual all at once. Invocation can be intimidating so replace it with an acknowledgment or just a greeting. Or use a different circle casting method like ex.1 below. :D

Re - prepare sacred space - 2 examples
. We can work & worship in a simple circle. Simple circles dissipate when walked through.
. Start & end each pass at ex.1. north, or ex.2. east.
1. Broom-sweep a circular area <~widdershins to cleanse, then point & walk deosil~> to project energy circle, or
2. Walk three circuits deosil~>: 1st sprinkle combined salt & water to cleanse & introduce earth/water; 2nd waft incense smoke to bless &'introduce air/fire; 3rd to point & project energy circle
. Words for both: Round, around & round about, all good in & all bad out. / As I walk the circle is cast, guarding all & holding fast. (ref.Doreen Valiente
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Return to General Questions about Wicca & Magick