*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

What Is Your Weather Like Today?

Got a joke; A weird story? Like to travel? Like Games or quizzes? Well this is a place for that.

Re: What Is Your Weather Like Today?

Postby ListensKeenly » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:26 am

Grey and overcast. 7 degrees Celsius.
Last edited by firebirdflys on Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tapatalk advertisment, please remove
ListensKeenly

Postby SpiritTalker » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:08 pm

Yesterdays rain changed overnight to wet snow. 6" on my deck. It's stopped for now so I've been shoveling & came in for food - glorious food. Socked-in sky & earth are the same color... Dull white.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby firebirdflys » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:14 pm

I'm in Sacramento, it's going to rain here.
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Postby L.J.Hex » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:13 am

Nice cool winter weather out here in south eastern Finland. Some new snow on the ground, little breeze and about -2 degrees. Very nice I wish the whole winter would be like this, but I know it wont. In a month or so it might get down to -30. got to love the Finnish winter. :roll:
By my feet the flowers of witchery abloom.
L.J.Hex

Postby SpiritTalker » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:14 pm

We've seen the Sun! Most of the afternoon. I've been humming little melodies ever since.
It was glorious!
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby L.J.Hex » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:20 pm

Send some of that sun here too. The eternal overcast just seems to last. :P
L.J.Hex

Postby SpiritTalker » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:30 pm

Amazingly we have no snow now, as what was is now gone. Had another week of grim overcast & some broken clouds today letting real sunlight in. I went out just to stand in it & breathe. Puddles aren't frozen during daylight hours but glaze over at night. Not the usual, but Nature calls the plays.

I can't keep the bird feeder full in winter. Early today I'd filled it with 2 pounds of mixed seeds & by noon it was gone. Hungry little beggars. I scattered some broken crackers for filler. Already gone. The suet & seed cake lasts a couple days.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby L.J.Hex » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:49 pm

I heard that Michigan gets a lot of the same weather we do in Finland? Maybe not that cold I guess? Its bit of a surprise this weeks of overcast without a break almost and very little snow, less than 10cm which is nothing yet. Also the temperature has been below zero for ages. Total opposite of last year. It was snowing and raining one after another and everything kept changing all the time. Ton of snow and bucketful of water the next day and then repeat again. This year the winter has decided to stay it seems, but no snowfall even with weeks of cloudy dark weather... Weird.

Not complaining, we could have continuous rain and wind and mud all over the place. My dog loves this. I guess its a husky thing, as soon as winter starts, he thrives.
L.J.Hex

Postby SpiritTalker » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:36 pm

Last night was so clear I could see stars at the horizon without city light haze. I watched in short viewings of 10 chilling minutes as Orion moved from laying on his side on the horizon to standing up at zenith. I watched Venus teasing Jupiter until ?.. Dunno, too late to stay awake.

Sunrise was cold & frosty so everything sparkled for just those few golden minutes until the fiary frost melted in the sun rays, which doesn't take long. I was lucky to catch it. Clear & sunny all day, but cold, as it should be. Yesterday no puddles froze, today the outdoor critters water bowl is a chunk of ice. Each day is a surprise.

Thump. I think i heard it go. The sun just set over the false horizon of rooftops @ 4:20 PM & cast a blueish gloom. Basking in after glow 20 more minutes. I reallyreally needed a fine day like this to chase out the blahs. I wouldn't do well in the arctic. With actual daylight so scarce I can relate to the excitement of the Sun's coming rebirth at Yule.

Mm-m. Heat just kicked on too. Feels good.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby L.J.Hex » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:31 am

SpiritTalker, you got our sun visiting you. Give it back for a change? :lol: At least for a day, would you?

We have now had almost a month of complete overcast almost without break. In last days the clouds have just thickened, the air is colder now, closing to -10 degrees and finally we got some snowfall and there should be more coming. This is like the winters were when I was kid, with more sunshine.

Still surprisingly little snow, I think its +10cm and not much more. I like it a lot. I wish more snowfall and then clear skies. No that's no wish, its a command. :evilwitch:
L.J.Hex

Postby RosieMoonflower » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:42 pm

It’s friggin cold in my office today. That means it’s cold outside still. It’s been warming up in the afternoons, but not today.. ☹️

Rosie
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby firebirdflys » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:26 am

Well it was a perfect So Cal winters day. The sky was blue with unusual wispy clouds, and 66 degrees. We went to the beach... Zuma. My favorite hang once uopn a time. Drove trough the canyons that were burned in the Woolsey fire on the way. Pretty tragic, yet the amout of homes that were saved was huge.
Out at the iconic Point Dume we walked on the beach you could see where the fire literally burned to the sand, up on the bluff many homes were lost. We were really in search of the giant waves pounding the California coast that closed the Maverick surf competition up in northern Cal. 50 footers we heard. We were too late, it was more so yesterday and the day before, all from the big storm waaaay up north that caused a rare tornado in Washington state.
Aaaand it's coming your way Spirit. :evilwitch: Sounds like you've had a lovely Yule experience. I bow to you folks that really endure a true winter with your minus temps and snow storms. Don't know how you do it, or dtive in it, swhew. Think it was minus 5 degrees with a wind chill on a winter trip to Yosmite once, thought I was gonna die. So brace yourself guys you may get a white Solstice after all!
Blessed Yule!
Firebird
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Postby SnowCat » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:48 pm

Denver has a cold front coming in. Maybe part of that system from California.
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat

Postby L.J.Hex » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:23 am

We have that seemingly eternal overcast still going on... But other than that its nice winter weather. -10 and snowing, finally there's snowfall worth mentioning. :)
L.J.Hex

Postby SnowCat » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:50 pm

Cold here today. Single digits, but back in the high 50's by the end of the week.
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat

PreviousNext

Return to Fun things