*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

What do you recommend?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.

What do you recommend?

Postby 123new_be » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:30 pm

I am very much interested in becoming a wiccan but I need help. I already studied about the laws and other stuff of the sort and My fiance has taught me a lot. but i need advice from another wicccan of what i need to study or what else I need to know. please help me =]
123new_be

Re: What do you recommend?

Postby MsMollimizz » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:23 pm

The answer all depends on what areas you are drawn too
or what aspects you are interested in right now...
For just general stuff for the moment I would
suggest reading some of Scott Cunningham's
books...
That will help you get started.
Gentle Light
MsMolli
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
MsMollimizz

Postby 123new_be » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:53 pm

Thank you so much =] I will order some of his books
123new_be

Postby black dove » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:03 pm

I personally would recommend dealing with controlling/focusing spiritual and mental energy, before doing very many acts. As for study, I'd go with MsMollimizz. Just do study in fields in which you are attracted. I'm personally drawn to the Celtic pantheon and herbs at the moment... and candle magick.
Just looking for the answers to life.
)O( Blessed be
black dove

Postby ebenb84 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:37 am

my advice is to read and study as many books pertaining to the subjects that you want to learn about as you can. don't just stick with one author, some good authors are scott cuningham, silver ravenwolf (i know some of you are screaming at me right now but she has a lot of good things to learn from), ann moura, raymond buckland, just to name a few. also i found a website that you can get most of the books you want (although the cheaper ones are preowned)for just a few dollars instead of paying full price for a new one. its www.alibris.com, in the search part just type in wicca or witchcraft and it will pull up the books that pertain to the subject. hope that helps a little.
ebenb84

Postby SpiritTalker » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:36 pm

Make yourself aware of the seasonal themes of Samhain, Imbolc, Beltane & Lammas; familiarize yourself with the more popular texts like Charge of the Goddess, Descent of the Goddess, Wiccan Reed, Witch's Creed, Witch's Rune. The Lady & Lord of Nature are primary Wiccan deities. It's good to understand what you believe & why & it takes time to work out. The use of a ritual circle, altar, ritual tools & spell-craft are part of Wiccan practice & all complement each other as a whole.

Set up a workbench within your means. Start-up gear - fire-safe bowl, candle holders, libation cup/dish. Many witches make their own tools or use household dishes. Start-up supplies, incense or aerosol spray, candles, water, salt, oil, herbs. The gear we use represents Nature - land, sea, sky & fire. The womb & phalic shapes symbolize deities. How you decorate is up to you. There's no rule that we have to copy the Ceremonialist's style. Magic uses symbolism to guide our thought so if something is a useful symbol to you feel free to use it.

Others have suggested good beginner books & I'd add "Wicca Book of Spells" by Lisa Chamberlain. It's full of ideas & sells for under $7 on Amazon. It gets you started. Browse the spell section on EUTM.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Return to General Questions about Wicca & Magick