*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

What to do with unknown crystals?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.

What to do with unknown crystals?

Postby SummerDawn616 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:26 pm

I have quite a few crystals and stones I’ve had since I was little and I can’t identify them. How should I use these or should I only use them as decoration? Also how do you organize and keep track of all of your crystals? :oops: I’m still new at this so I don’t know them by heart yet and I don’t want to keep having to flip through my crystal book to figure out what they are every time! Thank you so much!
SummerDawn616

Re: What to do with unknown crystals?

Postby SpiritTalker » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:07 am

One method is to assign uses by color correspondences. Match a stone's color to the body's chakra of the same color. It would mean you'd have to know what the chakras relate to but it's a short list with only 7 colors. After you work with them a while you'll just "know" & you might intuitively feel a stone responding to a need & just go with it. Usually the stones that attract us the most are filling a need. If you have a dozen or so you could write a list when you've identified them & keep it with the stones. There are printed & laminated reference sheets.

I store my working stones in wood or cardboard boxes - not metal which seems to clash with some of the ores. Their energies mingle together just fine - except meteorites of course. To keep stones from rattling together & chipping, I keep larger, palm-size stones in a divided cardboard box (that had an assortment of tea bags in it) & the others in a shoe box. Favorites are in a basket next to my recliner chair for frequent handling. I've tucked stones everywhere around the house - on shelves, window sills, in herb jars, in the refridge crisper drawer, potato bin & water pitcher. What's on the altar changes often. I also tuck them under the pillow to aid sleep & in any corner where energy tends to stagnate. I keep my crystal ball covered when not in use to prevent its collecting stray reflections & wash it with cooled mugwort "tea" &' moon bathe it as pre-viewing maintenance. Cool, flowing water has negative ions that cleanses over worked stones. Hot water cracks stones. Salt-water can discolor them. Laying stones on a bed of mint leaves with just a pinch of dry table salt also cleanses & is safe.

There's a section on the board just for crystals. I hope you'll look it over. If you love rocks you'll probably enjoy it. crystals-and-gemstones.html

OR - Use a pendulum to determine if the stone is passive/lunar or active/solar oriented. Passive, lunar energy pacifies conditions & lunar timing is monthly; whereas solar timing is daily & solar energy activates conditions.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Re: What to do with unknown crystals?

Postby firebirdflys » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:04 pm

The more you handle them and work with them the more familiar you will become, like you said, this is new to you. Give yourself time like any learning process.
..by the way, please swing by the introduction section and let us know a little bit about your path.
BB, Firebird
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Return to General Questions about Wicca & Magick