*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

What are some of the issues that Pagans face?

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.

Re: What are some of the issues that Pagans face?

Postby Lady_Lilith » Mon May 29, 2017 10:55 am

NW94: you're right. The "harm none" isn't even a rule. It's advice. Valiente specifically said it's not a call to be a pacifist. People have twisted it over the decades.
"Often I will spin a tale, never will I charge a fee. I'll amuse you an entire eve, but, alas, you won't remember me. What am I?" -Sloth
Lady_Lilith

Postby Newbiewitch94 » Tue May 30, 2017 5:26 am

Lady_Lilith wrote:NW94: you're right. The "harm none" isn't even a rule. It's advice. Valiente specifically said it's not a call to be a pacifist. People have twisted it over the decades.

Agreed I always viewed it as way to make us think before we go around causing harm on other people. People really have twisted that sentence I agree especially as I'm sure many wiccans will agree with me if I have to cause harm to a not so nice person to protect a loved one (I'm thinking more the domestic violence/sexual abuse or murderer types) then so be it.
Newbiewitch94

Postby SpiritTalker » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:53 am

I deal with occasional hostility on an individual basis, and shielding :annoyed:

How I deal with the unseen world is: veeery carefully :evilwitch:

And I deal with lack of community by joining EUTM :mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby Turncoat » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:16 pm

Sometimes I feel lonely in it all...those I live with (NOT my family) are very welcoming of my ways, but they don't really share any of my animist beliefs or express any interest beyond intellectual curiosity in my practices. It's fine and we'll, I know, and it's true that there is a lot of practicality to be had in being truly solitary, but here in the thick of the Bible Belt, I get to craving a sense of community.

I circumvent the isolated feel by engaging in online communities, for one, and also by driving over to a trad witchy shop every so often to shoot the breeze with the fine folks who run the place.
Tell me strange things.
Turncoat

Previous

Return to Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft