*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM


Wearing a Black Hat; the diatribe of a man on the edge.

Talk about anything you want to here.

Re: Wearing a Black Hat; the diatribe of a man on the edge.

Postby SnowCat » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:34 pm

You boys owe me a very large bottle of Excedrin. Each.

SnowCat
Daughter of Sekhmet
User avatar
SnowCat
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 5653
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:29 am
Location: The Spirals
Gender: Female

Re: Wearing a Black Hat; the diatribe of a man on the edge.

Postby Blackemoon » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:35 pm

I apologize Snow, We are having a lot of typed miscommunications that probably wouldn't happen if we could hear each others tone of voice...
User avatar
Blackemoon
Banned Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:57 am

Re: Wearing a Black Hat; the diatribe of a man on the edge.

Postby CleverlyDisguised » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:57 pm

SnowCat wrote:You boys owe me a very large bottle of Excedrin. Each.

SnowCat
*passes the bottle* sorry Snow. You know I normally don't engage in such behaviours
User avatar
CleverlyDisguised
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:46 pm

Re: Wearing a Black Hat; the diatribe of a man on the edge.

Postby CleverlyDisguised » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:58 pm

Blackemoon wrote:I apologize Snow, We are having a lot of typed miscommunications that probably wouldn't happen if we could hear each others tone of voice...
likely true. I apologize for any misinterpretation my statements have caused. I said diatribe as a reference to the title of my post, not in relation to anything you had said.
User avatar
CleverlyDisguised
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:46 pm

Re: Wearing a Black Hat; the diatribe of a man on the edge.

Postby Blackemoon » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:55 pm

I apologize too. After before I was a bit too on guard, and quick to jump to conclusions. If I had thought about it a bit more I would of likely realized you meant the original post. Blessed be.
User avatar
Blackemoon
Banned Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:57 am

Re: Wearing a Black Hat; the diatribe of a man on the edge.

Postby SpiritTalker » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:28 pm

Don't put the cap on the bottle too soon, Snow. I was LMAO as you two duked it out. I hope you can see the humor ... you know you are both valued members here, and not just for your entertainment value, but because you have insights yet to be shared.
User avatar
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support
 
Posts: 5284
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:51 am
Location: Michigan, USA
Gender: Female

Re: Wearing a Black Hat; the diatribe of a man on the edge.

Postby moonraingirl » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:38 pm

SpiritTalker wrote: but because you have insights yet to be shared.


I read "insides" which created a very interesting image of members sharing their insides on a silver plate...
Sorry guys, no offence meant, I like you both :)
User avatar
moonraingirl
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:23 am
Location: Slovakia
Gender: Female

Re: Wearing a Black Hat; the diatribe of a man on the edge.

Postby Blackemoon » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:53 pm

SpiritTalker wrote:Don't put the cap on the bottle too soon, Snow. I was LMAO as you two duked it out. I hope you can see the humor ... you know you are both valued members here, and not just for your entertainment value, but because you have insights yet to be shared.


We both have a sense of morals and ethics, we both are strong willed, we are both passionate about our beliefs and we both seek to maintain justice and peace in our own way. Passions fly sometimes during a miscommunication, but in the end we both wanted the same basic thing. Peace, Prosperity, and knowledge. Sometimes the lack of vocal tone in typing makes it hard to tell who's yelling and who's laughing, but this is a great community.

I've seen many witches forums, and none are nearly this well maintained or this active. It's great.
User avatar
Blackemoon
Banned Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:57 am

Re: Wearing a Black Hat; the diatribe of a man on the edge.

Postby CleverlyDisguised » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:15 pm

Blackemoon wrote:
SpiritTalker wrote:Don't put the cap on the bottle too soon, Snow. I was LMAO as you two duked it out. I hope you can see the humor ... you know you are both valued members here, and not just for your entertainment value, but because you have insights yet to be shared.


We both have a sense of morals and ethics, we both are strong willed, we are both passionate about our beliefs and we both seek to maintain justice and peace in our own way. Passions fly sometimes during a miscommunication, but in the end we both wanted the same basic thing. Peace, Prosperity, and knowledge. Sometimes the lack of vocal tone in typing makes it hard to tell who's yelling and who's laughing, but this is a great community .


Agreed. Vocal tone take it from being "Hey! F*ck you!" To "Oh you!"
User avatar
CleverlyDisguised
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:46 pm

Re: Wearing a Black Hat; the diatribe of a man on the edge.

Postby firebirdflys » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:41 am

Sorry you had to endure that Cleverly,
A troll with Raven cologne swooped through.
Do you wish to try this thread again? Or we could clean up this one maybe?
Bb, Firebird
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
User avatar
firebirdflys
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 7432
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 12:03 am
Location: So. Cal.
Gender: Female

Re: Wearing a Black Hat; the diatribe of a man on the edge.

Postby SnowCat » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:12 pm

I think we can just move it back out Conflict Resolution. Any thoughts on that?

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
User avatar
SnowCat
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 5653
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:29 am
Location: The Spirals
Gender: Female

Re: Wearing a Black Hat; the diatribe of a man on the edge.

Postby CleverlyDisguised » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:15 pm

I am willing to just move it back if you guys are... I still feel decidedly black hattish but that has nothing to do with my behaviours on here
User avatar
CleverlyDisguised
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:46 pm

Re: Wearing a Black Hat; the diatribe of a man on the edge.

Postby firebirdflys » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:38 pm

I've seen that in others (and there may have been a time when I really wished harm to someone who had harmed me) and it feels like a void, do you suppose that is where the peaceful aspect comes in?
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
User avatar
firebirdflys
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 7432
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 12:03 am
Location: So. Cal.
Gender: Female

Re: Wearing a Black Hat; the diatribe of a man on the edge.

Postby RyukaAscendant » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:18 pm

I have found that if I can indulge it in small ways and accept it into myself; not as something to be denied but as a part of my nature. I am liberated to walk the grey path. To be completely good or evil is to paint with a broad brush. What we see is the battle between the Id and the superego. Peace can be found in accepting the restrictions of the superego where the Id has no interest and moderating the desires for controlled satiation.

Simple example the restriction of the jedi and the indulgence of the sith. Neither acknowledged the possibility of a middle path that encourages the embracing of emotion with the tempering of discipline. One focused upon each aspect believing it was the truth of existence and the two became antithesis upon the same scale.

I draw strongly from the Tao. My simplest advices is," Moderation in everything, including moderation."
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
User avatar
RyukaAscendant
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:52 pm
Gender: Transgender Man

Wearing a Black Hat; the diatribe of a man on the edge.

Postby CleverlyDisguised » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:03 pm

firebirdflys wrote:I've seen that in others (and there may have been a time when I really wished harm to someone who had harmed me) and it feels like a void, do you suppose that is where the peaceful aspect comes in?
that’s part of it but not fully true... the peace comes in not fighting against that darker nature or working in opposition to it but more in truly just letting go and leaning into it rather than pushing it back... I’m still black hatted but that’s okay. I’m learning to live with it.

Also, hello Fire!
User avatar
CleverlyDisguised
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:46 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Member's Rants and Ramblings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests