How to cast a spell?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
crazymagicalbeau

How to cast a spell?

Post by crazymagicalbeau »

so far for awhile I have been struggling to death with just learning how to cast spells.
I've been studying for awhile and so far I'm learning
Its confusing to me!!! ::darkmood::

I have written my spell, I know the intent, I have my candles ready ...

I've meditated calmed my mind,

am I suppose to just close my eyes, start chanting the spell and visualize...the results?
repeatedly?
raynelae

Re: How to cast a spell?

Post by raynelae »

If you follow a Wiccan tradition, it is traditional to cast a circle for protection before performing the actual spell. Casting a circle is where you call upon the elements and watchtowers to protect you during magical work, it also helps some people direct energy. Before casting the circle, you should cleanse your magical space, there are many ways such as sweeping the area, using salt and water, incense, and smudging.
Blessed be

Here is a ritual of casting and un-casting a circle. I found it on this site :)

If you have one, set your altar in the center of a clean area. If not, simply sit/kneel/stand on the floor in the center of a cleared area.

Casting the Circle

Light one white candle. Envision a circle of white light around you (and your altar).

Face North and say:

Hail to the guardians of the North, mighty earth who feeds us, our home and mother, welcome to the circle.

Next, face East and say:

Hail to the guardians of the East, blessed air who cools us, the breath of life in all, welcome to the circle.

Next, face the South and say:

Hail to the guardians of the South, sacred flame that sparks life in all, our protection and father, welcome to the circle.

Finally, face the West and say:

Hail to the guardians of the West, Waters of life, where all are cleansed and reborn, welcome to the circle.

Proceed with your ritual.

Closing the Circle

At the end do the following:

Face the West and say:

Hail to the guardians of the West, thank you for attending this circle. Go in peace and know you are always welcome here.

Face the South and say:

Hail to the guardians of the South, thank you for attending this circle. Go in peace and know you are always welcome here.

Face the East and say:

Hail to the guardians of the East, thank you for attending this circle. Go in peace and know you are always welcome here.

Face the North and say:

Hail to the guardians of the North, thank you for attending this circle. Go in peace and know you are always welcome here.

The circle is now broken and your spellwork complete. At this time, snuff your candles and do any parts of the spell that require you to leave the circle (burying an item, scattering the ashes etc.)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
crazymagicalbeau

Post by crazymagicalbeau »

Im not wiccan.

:(
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Sorry...just thought it would help. You don't have to cast a circle. You could just create sacred space and then perform your spell.
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

crazymagicalbeau wrote:so far for awhile I have been struggling to death with just learning how to cast spells.
I've been studying for awhile and so far I'm learning
Its confusing to me!!! ::darkmood::

I have written my spell, I know the intent, I have my candles ready ...

I've meditated calmed my mind,

am I suppose to just close my eyes, start chanting the spell and visualize...the results?
repeatedly?
The poster has prepared their spell & just needs to set intent to activate the spell & let it go.
Think it - Feel it - Say it - Let it go

If it’s a candle spell then dress the candle with oil to hold a psychic charge, light the wick. Take a few minutes to gaze into the flame until it is all you see. In the slightly hypnotic calmness think of the completed goal, feel the satisfaction of knowIng it's accomplished, say the incantation to tell the energy what to do & release it into the etheric realm where it draws mass to itself. When enough mass is attained it sets events in motion for the spell to manifest in the physical 3-D realm.
. Let the candle burn in a safe place while you do other things.
. Dispose of candle stubs in household trash. Their job is done.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”