Dual use altars?

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.
Silas Nightfall

Dual use altars?

Post by Silas Nightfall »

I don’t have many free surfaces, much less a proper altar. Would clearing my computer suffice? I ask because I’m unsure whether using it for two purposes would interfere with the Magick. It’s a standard party table about 2’x4’.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Re: Dual use altars?

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Yes it should. Many people do this.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Silas Nightfall

Lady_Lilith wrote:Yes it should. Many people do this.
Thanks!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Just IMO for a set up for meditations & devotions there's nothing disrespectful about having limited work space. Dust & clutter are more problematic to energy flow. For use as a work table for spells some people don't like electronics within a cast circle environment because they feel a discordant energy. Energy gets intensified inside the circle.

Altars are such personal things & their energies reflect us and our intentions. If the altar energy flow feels undisturbed then I'd just go ahead like the computer was a lamp. It's got an off-switch. When I do spells and an indoor circle in my living-room the phone modem's just across the room. No problems.
Silas Nightfall

SpiritTalker wrote:Just IMO for a set up for meditations & devotions there's nothing disrespectful about having limited work space. Dust & clutter are more problematic to energy flow. For use as a work table for spells some people don't like electronics within a cast circle environment because they feel a discordant energy. Energy gets intensified inside the circle.

Altars are such personal things & their energies reflect us and our intentions. If the altar energy flow feels undisturbed then I'd just go ahead like the computer was a lamp. It's got an off-switch. When I do spells and an indoor circle in my living-room the phone modem's just across the room. No problems.
That’s exactly what I was concerned about and why I suggested clearing the computer off the desk first.
Nuri

Post by Nuri »

Some people put up and take their altars down on a daily basis. Before I got my table, I was using the unoccupied side of my L shaped desk as an altar. All I had to do was turn my chair 45 degrees and my altar was there, turn my chair back 45 degrees, and I was facing my computer.

As long as your space is specifically use for the one thing, doesn't matter imo. Once I got my table though, I moved e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g to it and now it has it's own, undisturbed space for me to work.. which just feels better for me.
eclectic | crystal hoarder | moon child | gemini sun | libra moon
Silas Nightfall

Nuri wrote:Some people put up and take their altars down on a daily basis. Before I got my table, I was using the unoccupied side of my L shaped desk as an altar. All I had to do was turn my chair 45 degrees and my altar was there, turn my chair back 45 degrees, and I was facing my computer.

As long as your space is specifically use for the one thing, doesn't matter imo. Once I got my table though, I moved e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g to it and now it has it's own, undisturbed space for me to work.. which just feels better for me.
Thanks. It works for now, but it’s a bother moving the pc all the time. I’m looking into having someone custom craft me a table of my design.
Nuri

Post by Nuri »

Dang, I wish I knew someone who could wood work. I just used a fold out table, threw a cloth over it, and put my altar cloth in the middle.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvYDsLWHYGf/
eclectic | crystal hoarder | moon child | gemini sun | libra moon
Silas Nightfall

Nuri wrote:Dang, I wish I knew someone who could wood work. I just used a fold out table, threw a cloth over it, and put my altar cloth in the middle.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvYDsLWHYGf/
Looks nice and cozy!

Return to “Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft”