Bubbling Cauldron: Monthly Spellcrafting Activity

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Bubbling Cauldron: Monthly Spellcrafting Activity

Post by Seraphin »

bubbling.png
Hail and Merry Meet Witches! :flyingwitch: :evilwitch: :surprisedwitch:

Spells, charms and potions are fascinating, thrilling and exciting. You're so looking forward to fabricate one.

Except for one little thing...

How do you do it?

This thread will not just teach you what you need to know in terms of crafting or potion-making but will also INVOLVE you in the process of spell weaving!

Most people think of magick as a Harry Potter magic where they can just fix it all with a wave of their wands. To us who really practice the ancient sacred art, magick is a way of doing something to cause intentional change by using tools and materials we found in Nature like herbs, stones, woods and such. To quote Llewellyn Practical Magick Series Introduction About Magick:
The entire basis for Magick is to exercise influence over one's environment...

The material world and the psychic (mental and astral) are intertwined and it is this very fact that establishes the Magickal Link...
So now, the Staff of this forum has decided to start a new venture where we can show everyone what exactly magick and spells really is...

As we all know, EUTM is always helpful for new ideas as well as sparking our own witchy creativity! Therefore, each month, the staffs will get together and provide an outline for spells or charms, we'll put our ideas here and let everyone who wish to participate formulate and share their own perceptions regarding the spell; you may tweak it, modify it, or add any stuffs that can leave a lot for imagination and opening up a world of magickal learning.

We will also give a deadline as to when the spell, charm or potion will be finished.

Please be reminded that this isn't a topic to share your own spells. This is a place of interactivity. A place where we can share our knowledge regarding spells and potions. A space where all of us can get down on our Craft and get dirty!

SO JOIN US and don't be afraid to express yourself! All thoughts are welcome! All you have to do is bring your craftiness and prepare for some spell-binding fun!!! smiley_dance

HOSTED BY: Babybear, Firebirdflys and Seraphin
EDIT BY FIREBIRD, the links are broken and it's been lots of work trying to fix them, use this link to the "Bubbling Cauldron Repository" which holds the out come and final spell of each month, scroll through at look at the topic titles to see if one might be interesting to you
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=30128

SPELL INDEX

March 2015 - Motivation Spell
April 2015 -Fruitfulness Spell
June 2015 - Spell For Protection and Empowerment Against Negativity
July 2015 - Spell To Improve Focus
August 2015 - Spell To Enhance Intuition
September 2015 - Discernment Spell
October 2015 - Spell to Honor the Dead
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Seraphin

Re: Bubbling Cauldron: Monthly Spellcrafting Activity

Post by Seraphin »

Spell for March: Motivation Spell

Date to be Completed: March 20, 2015

Details: As the title states, this spell is a "motivation booster". A spell that will inspire people and will help and provide inspiration. This will aid the caster to grow and receive the magickal support and high-power confidence essential to overcome any obstacles and achieve what he/she wants. Now it will be our job to figure out how to effectively incorporate that into spellwork. What are the processes and factors that make up a motivational spell? We need the right correspondences, tools, incantations, and visualization so let's get brainstorming!
Seraphin

BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

Here are some things I have for motivation written in my BoS (hand written one not online) to get us started:

When/What time?:
Motivations spells are best done during the moons growth (waxing) because your trying to grow the motivation within yourself, increase your energy and bring about ambition.
This also means that you should probably do this in the sunlight not moonlight because the sun will help feed the fire of motivation. And since Sunday is Sun's day Sunday should be the day it is carried out.

Herbs/Plants

All plants of Mars:
dragons's blood
cayenne
aloes
pepper
mustard
rue
basil
ginger
cumin
wormwood
nettle
ect.

Others:
cedar
mace
pine
mint
tangerine
wisteria
yarrow flower
chicory
citronella
jaismine
cinnammon
nutmeg

Stones
Citrine- promotes optimism and motivations and is also a sun stone
Aventurine- motivation and creativity :)

Runes
Algiz- :elkrune: for rapid development
Sowilo- :sunrune: for sun;success;hope
Fehu- :ashrune: for motivation and activity

Candles/Colors
Orange- for ambition and opportunity and sun
Indigo- for ambition
red- action
Yellow- concentration and confidence

This is just a small list to get the ball running I know there are more but I am leaving them out for others to contribute lol
and If you don't agree on something talk about it, that's what this is about talking and working as a group to understand our paths better and to work as a community to make a spell and practice with others :)
cataluna49

Post by cataluna49 »

For a motivation spell I believe it would be important to include something that either, reaffirms the spellcasters motivation/self-confidence such as: anything that they have made/accomplished that they are proud of. Perhaps a list of things they know they are good at. Or a part of the spell where the caster would say "I am confident, I have the strength, and light of the Sun."
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hey guys! I like this...
so, motivation through the elements..
Fire: burning things is always fun :P You could affix a candle to the top of your spellpiece or, the ingredients could go into the wax and make a candle to burn. Like Baby bears candle colors, these can be burned for a duration of time, or during the making of the spellpiece. Or with the finished product in between pillar or taper candles, burn any time during waxing moon and I like Sunday and daylight. Thursday might be ok too, utilizing Thor or Jupiter how ever one interprets the meaning of that day of the week, both having expansive kinds of energy.
Water: I like ritual bath before a serious working,
adding some of the above herbs in to the bath
(from the "others" list!)
because "plants of mars" list would be burning your skin.
:surprisedwitch:
Also what if we were to drink a concoction as part of the spell or as the spell itself.?
Earth: some stones can be used in elixirs or in a mojo bag. Quartz intensifies any other stone, and a double terminated one would be great for expansive energy channel energy outwards from both points.
Air: I dunnno for some reason static electricity came to mind, but then that sits still, eh? :|
how bout the Tesla coil, :roll: ?
lighting? ummmmm ballons? the vinegar and baking soda trick?

Ok, brains all stormed out...you guys have some great suggestions already,
and (@ cataluna49)...including an accomplishment is a good idea.

BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Babybear, thanks for putting up your correspondences here. I suppose we could now pick the BEST materials from your list that perfectly align with the purpose of the spell.

And FF! That's GREAT! I really love the "motivation through elements" idea! Ancient wisdom teaches that each of us contains these elements and each one represents a human sense and a plane of existence respectively:
  • Earth represents the sense of touch and the coarsest and most fragile plane: the physical world.
  • Water equates to the sense of taste and represent the emotional plane; our feelings and moods.
  • Air represents the sense of smell and the mental plane or the realm of thought (interesting to note that internet, faxes and mobile phones that transmit our thoughts through e-mails, texts, etc. are essentially transmitting through air).
  • Fire represents the sense of sight and the less frequently perceived and observed energetic or astral realm which permeates other planes on several levels.
  • And the spirit element which equates to the sense of hearing or sound and the spirit world!
This is excellent! smiley_dance What we could do here is we could utilize the elements and work too with our senses and the planes at the same time!

Okay, so far, we have candle burning (for fire - sight - astral plane), concoction (though I also like the idea of ritual bath, I think concoction is the best procedure to use for this spell for water - "taste" - emotional plane) and spell bag (for earth - touch - physical plane).

Yes I was thinking Sunday would be a good day to work. As the first day of the week it would work perfectly with what we desire to bring about motivation! This is I think the best day to enlighten and inspire our physical, emotional and mental initiatives that promote confidence and drive we need for the coming days.

Another witchy idea for air - smell - mental plane could be to create a charm jar with herb and spices that can be used for perfumery or aromatherapy ;). And on Sunday, use it as an air freshener, incense or something of that sort. Pretty cool!

We could also incorporate the accomplishment idea which cataluna suggested, perhaps in our visualization.
Seraphin

Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I kind of do spell working and spell crafting... Oddly? I guess that's the word we could use lol I don't really follow any set lists of meanings and all of that (though sometimes I do, it's just rarer for me to do so).

Anyways, for this kind of thing I'd do something simple. I have a really big fascination and interest of charming items I can wear.

I'll often charm rings with my purpose so that when I wear them, it'll help. Perhaps blessing a pair of earrings or a necklace or even a watch with your intent of motivation might help you. (:
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

So rather than using simple spellbag or sachet, why not use our jewelries that we can carry around with us? Yes?
Seraphin

Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

You could honestly take a locket and fill it with herbs that represent your intent. :)
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

I actually have several spells about making mini glass bottles filled with herbs to wear as a necklace or key chain.
Or maybe we can do the jar thing like Seraphin was talking about but we just put our pendents/jewelry in the jar every Sunday after we purify it of course, to sit over night to infuse it with the spell/herbs intent and wear the jewelry for the week to promote motivation.
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

I personally think we should choose our favourite jewelry or pick an accessory that we feel that could uplift us and enhance our sense of comfort and satisfaction within ourselves; pick something that suits our personality. Any articles from our jewelry box that reflects our whim, interests, desires, aspirations and history. I just hope though this isn't girly for the guys. :D

Using herbs for charging and magickal infusion is not a bad idea though I would also like charge them using quartz stone as FF suggested.
Seraphin

BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

lol i only have the one jewelry i wear all the time so i choose my ring
but may i suggest that you actually use your wedding bands or engagement rings for this,

i say this for two reasons;
one this might help motivation in general but also in your marriage
two because wedding bands seem to be infused with your energy more so then most jewelry essentially its a part of you so why not use it to instill something you wish was more so a part of you dose that make since ><
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

:( I don't even know where my wedding ring is anymore, it was just a gold band anyway and I'm more of a silver person...uh maybe we could carry it in a pocket or put it in a medicine bag?

Yeah I was thinking about the bath too...something that most everyone has? My jasmine plant is doing fabulous right now, but the people burried in snow might not be so fortunate. Nutmeg is in most cupboards.

I also was thinking about acorns...

Gotta go :)
ff
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Oh speaking of engagement ring, I'd accidentally lost mine too in Mom's burial. It must have slipped off my finger after all the waving, hugging, handshaking, and tear-wiping. But that's a very good suggestion Babybear!

And FF, why couldn't we just wear the jewelry instead of putting it in a pocket or spell bag?

I'm wondering about the acorns too. Since you've mentioned it, I'm pouring over meanings for them and working on possible magickal correspondences but I want to hear your thoughts as well.
Seraphin

BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

Well i found a good post about the lore of acorns here and agree that we should use them
https://stagandeagle.wordpress.com/2011 ... -and-uses/

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”