I am Spiritus-now get on your knees and obey me. :3

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
Gray Pool

I am Spiritus-now get on your knees and obey me. :3

Post by Gray Pool »

Hello! I am Spiritus-literally meaning Wind in Latin since that basically sums up my personality. I'm 13 years old, however my birth date may say older-my brother hijacked it and I've moved on from that-so please do not confuse me with a 17 year old! I like to think myself mature for my age, after all I am actually typing with capital letters, unlike other 13 year olds-and I prefer to use sarcastic, more adult jokes. These may be a tad overused because I enjoy telling jokes. I'm a straight up feminist, and please don't be offended if I'm not as friendly toward equalists and non-femenists. blue_flee I've been practicing for a few months now. :) I had a Christian upbringing. I grew up with just my mother, who wasn't very religious. However we always went to Church because a) it was a habit and b) for my grandmother. I HATED it. It was soooo boring, and the words never really meant anything to me. Then fourth grade. In my class there was this kid who parents were strict fundies. So I got into debates with him about religion and how dumb it was that his parents didn't let him do things that were "against God's law". Then guess what happened: paranoia struck. Recent shootings frightened the life out of me. I thought I was going to be murdered. I fell into depression. I hallucinated. So I turned to God. I prayed to him, which brought temporary relief, but even then I never really felt safe with him. I became a minor fundie. :oops: Was I an idiot then. Now one of my friends comments "you were super religious back then." Then one day in Fifth grade, I searched up "how to become a cat."
Then I turned toward the Greek and Egyptian god/esses. Why? An experience from when I was seven, and one from fourth grade.
When I was seven, I started worshiping Apollo, and generally the Greek Gods. I read every book I could get my hands on on them. I researched. I could feel them around me. My personal favorites were Apollo and Athena. Strange, huh, for a seven year old to start worshiping something other than their religion. What can I say? They were meant for me.
Onto fourth grade. I started reading up on the Egyptian god/esses and such. Again, I read every book about them I could. I learned hieroglyphics. I started my own society. (Even though it was just a game-I LOVE fantasy games.) Well, guess what. The fundie's kid, we'll call him A, joined the game. When his parents found out, boy oh boy were they mad. He was banned from playing it. blue_flee
Once I really got into Wicca, and all that, I decided that my main god/esses would be this: Apollo, Aphrodite, Athena and Bast (some people call her Bastet). However I stopped again because of peer pressure from my grandmother. Now I'm back on the path and glad!
Last edited by Echo_of_shadows on Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Promotion of another site violates forum rule 12.
Omnitheist. Caracal and pronghorn therian (if you have questions, ask please). Haven't found my specialty yet.
Gray Pool

Re: I am Spiritus-now get on your knees and obey me. :3

Post by Gray Pool »

Thank you! Aphrodite is amazing. :D
Omnitheist. Caracal and pronghorn therian (if you have questions, ask please). Haven't found my specialty yet.
Gray Pool

Post by Gray Pool »

I like to think of Aphrodite as a female God. The whole dove thing.

She's so awesome! I made her as a person in a Roman lady creator.
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

May I ask why you're unkind towards Equalists? From what I understand, Feminism is meant as a movement that believes women and men are both capable and equals. Which is what Equalists believe as well.
Gray Pool

Post by Gray Pool »

Because don't Equalists believe that there are men roles and woman roles? I find that highly offending because women can act like the stereotypical "man."
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

I believe with Bastet Bast is how its pronounced and Bastet is how its written. Any way welcome to the forum. You will learn a lot here. There are a lot of diverse paths here.
Gray Pool

Post by Gray Pool »

Thank you for greeting me. I appreciate it.
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

Welcome Spiritus love the header lol
and glad your on the path again
as somone who had been pressured out of it a time or two i understand the joys of coming back and felling at home
*hugs*
hope you have fun on the forum and need anything just pm me lol ill help if i can

:) bb,
baby bear
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Welcome to the forum.
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

Spiritus wrote:Because don't Equalists believe that there are men roles and woman roles? I find that highly offending because women can act like the stereotypical "man."
Equalists believe that men and women are different beings but that both are equal and important. It doesn't specify gender roles, just acknowledging there are differences.
Gray Pool

Post by Gray Pool »

Maybe I should have been more specific. I don't "dislike" Equalists, but I don't agree with them. So I'm just forewarning you guys.
I honestly think there are no differences, other than appearance. You said on the Paganism=Femenism? thread, that "Nurture" is for women, I disagree entirely. I'm not here to start an argument, just stating who I am. (:
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

Spiritus wrote:Maybe I should have been more specific. I don't "dislike" Equalists, but I don't agree with them. So I'm just forewarning you guys.
I honestly think there are no differences, other than appearance. You said on the Paganism=Femenism? thread, that "Nurture" is for women, I disagree entirely. I'm not here to start an argument, just stating who I am. (:
Fair enough. I'd rather not beat a dead horse either. Plus, we're all here to grow spiritually.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Merry meet Spiritus. I feel somewhat like I time traveled back to read a post from my teenaged self. That said, your not a lot older than my grandson, so if I start sounding like a grandma, well, it comes with the territory.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Gray Pool

Post by Gray Pool »

Thank you all for greeting me.

Blessed be.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

welcome. :)

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”