merry meet

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
nicoledianthus

merry meet

Post by nicoledianthus »

Hello everyone, I'm Nicole and I joined the site because I don't know any Wiccans in my area and I thought would be a good way to learn more. I'm 24 from Canada , got engaged recently and have a dog that I absolutely cant get enough. Ive been drawn to Wicca since I was like 8 years old but ive only been practicing for 6 months. Nice to meet you all and I look forward to growing in my spiritual path
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: merry meet

Post by loona wynd »

Hi there and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll meet many people here.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Welcome :)
Bran th' Blessed

Post by Bran th' Blessed »

Hi, Nicole. So glad to have you here at EUTM and hope you find it to be a useful resource and a pleasant location for wiccan companionship. Tell us more about your fabulous dog, and your fiance too, as you feel so inclined. I have found the Pagan path fascinating even though I have been a solitary for more years than I wish--I'm an old codger--and I assure you that it can be a wondrous path. Let me give sort of an example.

Water is one of the four elements, as I'm sure you know by now. But every time I drink a liquid (which all have water) or work with water in my rituals, I remember a little basic science. Water is the chemical H2O, that is two atoms of hydrogen bonded to a single atom of oxygen. Hydrogen is the oldest element in the universe, the fundamental element from which all other elements are built. Hydrogen was formed in the dust of the Big Bang at the very birth of the universe, 13.8 billion years ago--that's 96.6 billion dog years... :-) :-D :-). Like all the other elements except helium, oxygen was formed through the fusion process that is the very heart of every star, slowly building more complex atoms from primordial hydrogen and helium. So the Oxygen in your water is probably only about five or ten billion years old. Oxygen isn't fabricated until a star is quite old and nearing its demise, and except for a little that bleeds out in the solar wind most of the stars oxygen is contained within the star until it dies as a supernova or (with smaller stars) is ejected with the outer body of the star leaving only a white dwarf star. But enough of astronomy and cosmology. I just wanted you to know that water is very old stuff. Sure it goes through constant transformations from snow and ice and rain to river water and ocean water and then to rising vapour, mist and fog, and clouds, ever changing and renewing its freshness. But the water molecules remain unchanged by this purification, and most water is older than the Earth herself, almost as old as the stars.

Now you see, you are closer to the universe than you were before you read that,eh? And you probably already know that we are ourselves made of star stuff, the very substance of our bodies having been born in the fiery nuclear cores of ancient stars that died and scattered their matter into space. Our own planetary system is probably a second or third generation system at least. So we too are very old. Our substance has had many forms over the long ages of time. Perhaps like Taliesin you too have been a cloud in the outer darkness, a floe of lava from a mountain of fire, a tree that grew from the soil and lived for four hundred years, a caterpillar who wrapped itself in silk and blossomed into a beautiful butterfly, a salmon swimming in an ancient stream, an otter playing in the sunlight on a green and golden spring morning, and well, who knows what memories lie dormant in the billions of atoms and molecules and cells of your body. And we're not even concerning ourselves yet with the many lives your spirit has lived, incarnating and reincarnating again and again to help build this world, this planetary system, this galaxy, this venerable universe.

You may not grasp it all right now, Nicole, but you are a unique and distinctive jewel in this universe, a tiny speck in the vastness of it all, but intimately involved building and evolving the whole of it. I give you this preview of the wonders you will know, and know them deeply in your heart, as a welcoming gift to you. Be you blessed, and all those you love.

Bran th' Blessed
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Awesome post, Bran! Makes me want to drink more water instead of Pepsi (or just be happy with the water added to Pepsi, lol). You're really deep. :)

Welcome to the forum, Nicole! We're glad you have you as a member! smiley_dance Btw, I'm obsessed with my dogs too. We have a Pet Pics thread here if you'd like to add your dogs' pics to it. Witches tend to be more into cats, but I'm personally into dogs, although I do have one cat as well.

Hope you enjoy the forum. :)
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Welcome Nicole, I hope you enjoy it here with us.

Blessings
Dark Moon
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Welcome to the forum, Nicole. It's nice to meet you.
nicoledianthus

Post by nicoledianthus »

Thanks everyone for the welcome
And thanks bran for that interesting information!

Since you asked, my dog is turning 4 in the summer and she's a malshi, ill post a photo of her today, as well as a photo of my altar and myself tonight, my fiances name is Jody and he's 35 , wonderful man..he's very into Buddhism but he doesn't consider himself religious, he has a house and he let me have my own altar there, he's also told me I can turn one of his guest bedrooms into a spiritual room with my altar, plants, a lounganyyer for meditation and more so I've been in the middle of designing one but it won't be ready until the summer! Anyways, thanks for saying hello and I look forward to getting to know everyone
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

A Malshi... OMG! Yes, I have to see pics of her! I have a Morkie (Maltese/Yorkie) and they are just the cutest little things I've ever seen. I hadn't heard of a Malshi till you said that, but I Googled them and they look a lot like Morkies... total adorable little fluffballs! I may have to get me one of those. :D Designer dogs are the best things humans ever created, lol. It's unreal to me that some people call them "mutts". They apparently don't understand the difference in an accidental mutt and a dog that was intentionally mixed with another dog to create certain characteristics. Oh well, it's their loss.
nicoledianthus

Post by nicoledianthus »

Aww I love morkies They are so cute, I posted her photos just now!
Alura Noel

Post by Alura Noel »

Welcome to EUTM! Congratulations on your engagement :)
annie

Post by annie »

welcome ! looking forward to your thoughts and opinions
MysticDreamFaerie

Post by MysticDreamFaerie »

Hello & Welcome to the Forums! :flyingwitch:
"Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it." ~Tori Amos

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”