Giveaways

If you have a suggestion or comment about the board you can share it here.
Holdasown

Giveaways

Post by Holdasown »

So I am lucky enough to have a job that allows me to save up for stuff and get things I need for my craft. I also make things and sell them on etsy. I was wondering if I could do giveaways here, free stuff for newbies or those who can't just get things? The reason I ask is people would have to give me an address via pm to get the stuff. I don't want to step on toes just take a bit of what I have and give it out to those who use it. I don't want to send stuff to closet pagans who are minors though. I don't want parents giving me a hard time. Thanks for your attention.
Lillady

Re: Giveaways

Post by Lillady »

I think it is very kind of you to want to give away things. Personally, it would be up to you ultimately to get that persons information and up to that person to give it. As far as the closet pagan/minor thing, that is up to you as well. However (please don't take offense) but I find that kind of rude. If you are going to do a giveaway of sorts it should be to anyone not just certain ones. Should be fair for all. BB
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

They it's best not to. I don't want some parent to have my name and address and get super mad I sent their kid stuff.
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

I can see where both of you are coming from. I wouldn't want my kid getting things from "strangers" online. However, you can put in a disclaimer about the age thing and that it's not your responsibility and that you are not to be held liable.

I love the idea of a giveaway. Maybe there's a way it can be worked out so that everyone can be involved?
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

I wouldn't have books really but herbs, oils, charcoal tabs. Stuff like that. I make the oil and incense I make tarot bags too so stuff like that. I guess if you had to you could play it off as non witchy. I think it would be fun to do once in a while. I have so much organic lavender it would take a year to give it away, lol.
Pinkpower_80

Giveaways

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Oh my I would love some lavender!! As well as a lot of other stuff on your list lol.
I'm new to this so I don't have any oils or anything else that you mentioned yet.
I agree that it could be passed of as "non-witchy".
I think it's very generous of you to even have the idea to share.
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

Im with pink some lavender would b a amazing, and a tarot bag haha ive searched everywhere(not online:p) for one. And piggybacking off of pink again, very generous and such a kind hearted thing to do.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

:surprisedwitch: Lavender giveaway!!!! can you sign me up? :D :D :D
Firebird thanks you
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

Ok I will get a thing together this weekend and post it. I will have to see how to set up a winner.
Pinkpower_80

Giveaways

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Holdasown wrote:Ok I will get a thing together this weekend and post it. I will have to see how to set up a winner.
Yay!!! I'm so flippin excited. :lol:
QueenVictoria

Giveaways

Post by QueenVictoria »

What a thoughtful and generous idea. You could have interested people post in a thread, say for a week. Then use a random number generator to select the winning post number. Just a thought. Good on you for having such a giving nature.
Namaste
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

I was thinking of having my husband pick a number and write it down and keep it. I thought a week is good too since most people seem to come spread out. I need the weekend to get it all together, it wouldn't be much just what I can gather up from my stuff but I think it will be fun. I am already thinking of others I can do too.
Pinkpower_80

Giveaways

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

That sounds like a great way to do it. My bf does giveaways of his custom knife work on occasion & usually he'll have one of the kids pick a number.
He's also used the random number generator.

If you need any help let me know & I'll sit out your 1st giveaway so I can help. Now don't get me wrong, I would love stuff (lol) but sometimes things can be a little overwhelming & I'd be happy to assist you. :flyingwitch:
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

One of the regulars is out of town for 10 days so I am gonna wait to list the first one and get it really together.
InfiniteDawn

Post by InfiniteDawn »

This is such a generous and thoughtful thing to do. :D

Return to “Suggestions/Comments”