How's the weather, would you change it if you could?

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
MOTHERofDRAGONS

How's the weather, would you change it if you could?

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

It's chilly here.. In cool South Texas. And I usually love warmth, but I have some Heath ailments that make the cold hurt me. .. I choose not to mess with weather magick.(my preference).. And let mother nature take are of this herself.

However.. Does anyone know or believe their could be a good use to mess with weather?

Stopping a devastating hurricanes? Curbing some a floods Placing a tornado in a area where no one is harmed? ( saving animals, people and native wildlife)

What would you do...?

I've become conflicted..
SeerShadow

Re: How's the weather, would you change it if you could?

Post by SeerShadow »

I have performed atmoskinesis(influencing the weather with your mind), and have gotten good results. I appear to have a natural talent for it. You can't do things like just stop a hurricane or instant weather changes, it works on a timescale, and if the weather wasn't already naturally coming you can't make that weather happen. Personally to me atmoskinesis is like sending a message to mother nature saying "Hey, would it be alright if you could make it snow here?" and if it is alright with her it may happen. Basically it's very limited, thier is only so much mother nature will allow you to do
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I moved this thread from the Member Intros to The Elements forum.

The only time I've ever wanted to try to influence the weather is if I'm out driving in it and I feel like I might crash because the weather is so bad. And then I would simply pray for the weather to improve. I don't think I'd ever have the necessary belief to imagine that I could tell the Earth what to do. If it's even possible to change the weather in a major way, I don't think it's a good idea. That's like messing with the planet's circulatory system or breathing. I think of the Earth as a living organism.

As Peter Russell in "The Global Brain" puts it:

"We might then, consider our days and nights to be like the heartbeat of Gaia . . . the seasons to be her breaths . . the tropical rain forests resemble her lungs . . and the oceans are like the circulatory system."

He goes on to make the argument that humanity is the Earth's brain, and that once all of humanity is connected (via the web, etc.) we will have created a global brain that the Earth is able to use to her benefit.

Far be from me to want to mess around with the Earth's necessary functions. If She throws a storm my way, it's because that storm is necessary to keep the Earth balanced, or to try to re-balance after the damage that's been done to Her by humans.
MOTHERofDRAGONS

One of the reasons I posted this... I live in an area, where in the last 10 or so years, the rain has simply become less and less..
It's more of a desert climate, beautiful grass, shrubbery, trees are wilting and dying on us, and RedFlag days are becoming a regular thing. (fire warnings)
This is scary.. We are very conservative with our water supply, we have the best brains and ecologists on it, but if the water doesn't come, we will simply have to go.
This will become a desert.
All the life here will become non existent.
I know mother nature has her ways... I just never expected to watch it shimmer away right before my eyesight, slowly and sadly..
She can be a drama queen, so when she wants something sone, it makes the news ..
Our town is quietly fading... I want to jump up and down for it..:-/
Every blade of grass.. All the rose pedals on my tree..
The weeping willow that I personally have to feed and pay a high bill for...I cry for them all.. Just looking up, hoping for rain clouds...
The other day it did, it rained twice that day.. (about 30 min each time) but it felt sooo nice.
I'm a fire sign, .. Year of the Fire Dragon. ..however I'm also a water sign.. Cancer...crabby and sideways..loving the H20 (can you imagine living with me? My poor fiancé) I just like to see the life I care for flourish.
M~Dragons
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well Mama...the Natives of your area did the Rain dance when they needed it, and you never know....but like SeerShadow said ...it's pretty limited to what we can really create, or control. The most my group or I have ever done is part a temporary hole in the sky, so we would not get drenched during circle, and one time I held up the rain till my girl could get back to camp.
My ex-wife-in-laws...husband, does a rain dance..and it mocks tribal tradition, kinda like the white man drum beat you hear in every old western movie, but he has had some successes.
We are in the worst drought since the dust bowl...I feel for you folks in that stretch of land.
What about an ETUM gathering? we could all dance on a particular day, requesting Gentle rain????
just a thought...Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
MOTHERofDRAGONS

If I could just keep enough to keep our town healthy...
I have to meditate... And do ritual, speak to our Goddess... .. A few inches of life giving rain shouldn't be an issue, but I'm not one to decide the fate of our Earth...
But I love the sound of this.
)0)
Blessings
M~Dragons
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

We're having a cooler and wetter spring than we've had in a while. Supposed to get snow for the morning rush hour tomorrow. Ick! I've called up a windstorm a few times when I was really agitated. Realized what was happening, so I don't do that anymore.

The Sahara was once fertile and green. I have a memory of living in Antarctica before it became frozen. The Elementals were much more a part of society then. I guess belief and acceptance was easier then.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
MOTHERofDRAGONS

That's exactly what I was thinking of, Frosty. The Sahara.. I'm looking at my Willow, right now.. Thinking ... Will you be able to survive the next 5 yrs?

Here, the temps can raise up to 115 degrees in the summer, and stay in the triple digits for over months... In the summer..
Our water and electric bill nearly bankrupt us. We have "rolling brown outs" because of the excessive amount of electricity used to air condition homes.
It is a scary time..
And precious rain can Sooth that heat ...
Ok.. Enough of my complaining..
We all understand we are going through a Global Climate Change..
Question is.. How soon do I HAVE to move... And where?

M ~Dragons
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I was definitely feeling frosty this morning. Seven patient visits in a blizzard. The USPS has nothin on nurses! Time for a nice hot soak now.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
MOTHERofDRAGONS

Where would it be a beautiful 60-70 degrees, high highs in the 80's and seasons actually change.. In the states?
Witchy333

Post by Witchy333 »

Right now it's really cold, and it rained a bit. The only time I have ever changed the weather was when it was way too hot and sunny for me and I had to go out (I get terrible migraines in hot, sun weather). I didn't change it after that since we started to get heavy snow (consequences).
Spirit does not have to be touched
Spirit does not have to be seen
Spirit does not have to be heard
Spirit simply is ......
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ok...so I went hiking the other day,...and the salvia mellifera (black sage) was looking real real bad. It's obvious they are soooooo thirsty. What do you say we do the rain dance on Earth day?
BB, FF
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
MOTHERofDRAGONS

A sprinkle couldn't hurt.. Enough to help my water bill for a few days...
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Mama...this could work!!...what if everyone (or at least everyone who sees this in time) does a little ritual and dance , requesting gentle rain, for a specific period of time. (maybe 24 hours) small healing drops of rain. ( a deluge would be bad) in the areas that need it most,...OR we could concentrate on one area at a time, and do the dances until the requested place has some relief. That would probably be best, then our focus isn't scattered all over the planet. We could all have similar items on the altar, and maybe you could design a chant we could all speak as we danced??????
It would be a fabulous experiment. You could start a thread on it, and see how many folks we could get on board...on the other hand if you feel like I'm talking crazy we could just shine it on.
While I realize we can't control the elements at large, we should be able to bend them in small scale. This thread has really got me to thinking....since we have had small miracles with holding off eminent rain,....why not?
:mrgreen: Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Hmmm...that sounds interesting, Firebird!
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”