Homemade ouija boards

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Aniu

Homemade ouija boards

Post by Aniu »

I'm just getting into ouija boards since one of my satanist friends has one. I refused to use it unless she let me cleanse it, and set up a magic circle since I heard a bunch of rumors. Now I like the board becuase it inabled me and my friends to talk to our guides more easy. I have a great conection to my guide and I can hear her whenever I want, no so much the case with my open minded christian friends. Before I make this board tho I want to sort out fact from fiction and all the research I've been doing is giving me mixed results. Can you really get possesed by a spirit while using it? If you mention death will you really die? Can you really not get rid of the board once you made it? Can you not use it in light? Can you really not burn it or you'll die? I dont believe most of that but its stuck in the back of my mind as a possibilty for my friends. Also I didnt like the feel the board gave me once I was done using it. It felt like the board was a bug zapper and drawing in a bunch of spirits to it. Is there like an 'off switch' to these things? Also will a homemade one work cuz I need one I can easily hide or say its something else (my mom is Jahova's witness and would not stand for me having a ouija board in the house). Any other advice would be great! I love to learn new things but I like to know what I'm up against before dabbling with things.

~with much thanks, Aniu
Forever live in love and light!
A new found power

Re: Homemade ouija boards

Post by A new found power »

Well, lets start at the start shall we? you want a ouija board... because a satanist friend has one? If you honestly want one just for that reason, I suggest you give up completely. Yes, you can get possessed by spirits when using the board. You are opening yourselves up to the spirits and calling them into your circle. It is entirely possible. If you mention death, I don't think you'll die. However, if you really feel you will, I suggest not trying it for safeties sake. Once you've made a board there are MANY ways to be rid of it. However, cleansing and then discarding the board away from your home, or burning it completely are the two best ways to be rid of it. Burning it does not kill you, as there is not a physical link between your body and the board.

I don't think you're entirely worried about this *JUST* for your friends, do you?

When you use a ouija board, you channel your and your friends energies into the board, and send out a message that you wish to initiate contact with spirits. You cannot expect, with no work, that all that built up energy will just disappear. it will remain as a beacon, until the energy comes back to normal levels again. To do that, cleanse it off energy or destroy the board. both will do the job well enough. Cleansing is best performed with salt, or certain crystals believed to take in energy. You can find them with a quick google search.

Homemade is fine and does the job just aswell. However, seriously consider what would happen if your mother finds out. Always prepare for the worst just incase, and make an educated decision as to whether this really is the best thing to be doing.

My two absolutely musts for something like this is as follows : Be armed. Learn and practise banishment, binding and protection spells. Invoke protection spells both before even initiating contact and after contact. Be fully ready at all times for spiritual attacks, and be ready to bind, and banish, should the cause appear. Talking to spirits is fine, but some simply aren't interested in a chat.

My second must, is that you are very specific as a group as to what spirits you're calling. Leaving the invitation open to just any spirit could well lead you out of your depth. And closing your search too much could yield no results at all.

But honestly, messing with this stuff isn't the best idea. I sincerely recommend you teach ALL your friends to shield, bind and banish, aswell as being fully certain you can, before you even attempt to make contact with this board. and learning how to cleanse would also be useful.

And please also note, that saying you only want X spirit does not make it a certainty that more malicious entities for example will not appear. It is fully possible that the spirit you have contacted is lying and could attack you, as is the possibility that when you call for good spirits, evil can come to. Be wary playing with what is known to be Dark. It gained a reputation of evil for a very good reason.
Tylluan

Post by Tylluan »

I totally agree with the above post, which is very well written.

A Ouija board is a channel. Its like opening your front door and letting anyone in off the street. Some people will be nice, they'll pop in for a cuppa tea tell you their life story and leave. However, there alot of people who will come in and take advantage in many different ways. You are at an instant disadvantage when dealing with the spirit world as you can't see them (obviously). You don't get any of the visual body language its pure intuition and having good protection and a strong bond with your guide is a must. Don't Dabble.

x
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

i agree also
Aniu

Post by Aniu »

Thank you very much for you insight. No I do not want the board just because me friend has one but because i liked how it felt to talk to the spirits we contacted and find out more about my and my friends past. I used a protection spell that I found on the website, incanted some items of crosses for my christain friends, made them eat a food that has protection atributes, washed my floors with a hint of leamon, made a sacred space, and what esle...OH made a little protection potion out of every spice, food, and plant I could find with protection atributes. Any ideas that DOESNT require hours of work and that I KNOW will work? I'm not playing with spirits I'm trying to learn more about the spirit world and even myself. Can anyone refer me to a good banishing/cleansing spell? This really is something I would love to go into, but only if I have the proper knowledge. Thats why I made the thread :3
roseonfire

Post by roseonfire »

http://www.museumoftalkingboards.com

Brace yourself, there is much reading here but it is quality work and I would recommend reading through it all if you're dealing with these things.
The Goddess is like the moon itself, guiding us in our darkest moments.
Aniu

Post by Aniu »

I've read a few pages on that website and I like it alot. Thanks for sharing :D I'll make sure to read as much as possible before I make my board.
roseonfire

Post by roseonfire »

Your welcome ^_^ I hope that can clear up many of your questions.

Bright blessings,
roseonfire
The Goddess is like the moon itself, guiding us in our darkest moments.
illbehere

Post by illbehere »

its hard to make. and make sure u know what ur doing =/ dont use plain paper, it doesnt work :L
A new found power

Aniu wrote:Thank you very much for you insight. No I do not want the board just because me friend has one but because i liked how it felt to talk to the spirits we contacted and find out more about my and my friends past. I used a protection spell that I found on the website, incanted some items of crosses for my christain friends, made them eat a food that has protection atributes, washed my floors with a hint of leamon, made a sacred space, and what esle...OH made a little protection potion out of every spice, food, and plant I could find with protection atributes. Any ideas that DOESNT require hours of work and that I KNOW will work? I'm not playing with spirits I'm trying to learn more about the spirit world and even myself. Can anyone refer me to a good banishing/cleansing spell? This really is something I would love to go into, but only if I have the proper knowledge. Thats why I made the thread :3
I'm glad to hear your not doing this for foolish reasons. But remember even for the better reason of wishing to learn of the spirit world, a ouija board may be the quickest way but it is also perhaps one of the most risky.

Crosses, pentacles, holy water, anything with any real religious belief, that is believed to bring protection will aid you against spirits that try to harm you. and whilst protection food and potions may also aid, keep in mind that it may still not be strong enough to keep away some spirits, as charms and protection spells are not strong enough to keep away some spirits either.

Making a sacred space is very good practise, and if you are to be using a ouija board again I fully recommend doing it.

It is important not to fast track with this though. I can understand your excitement and impatience and wishing to learn of the spirit world, but trust me when I say if you do rush it, you WILL be made to regret it. There is a very good reason why I think ALL of you need to know atleast one bind, banish and protection spell each that you've practised and can use well. This is because if only you know the spells, and you get possessed, then what are your friends supposed to do? don't place ALL the protection just on yourself, for if you fail and you did get possessed, EVERY friend with you would be put in danger, that they would not be in had you taken the time to learn the necessary requirements.

Just on this site, with a quick search, you can find many banishment, binding and shielding spells from other members. You do also again do a google search. But I emplore you DON'T just take a members word on it for a spell. Spells are made to be personal to the owner, so just knowing a spell someone else made will never gaurantee it will work.

I'm glad you want proper knowledge, and a ouija board, when used correctly, will provide you some insight into the spirit world. But, there is a very good reason why few even experienced witches dabble with ouija boards. ANYTHING can be called, and if you just so happen to call a powerful evil spirit, and aren't prepared, then I have no idea what you'd all do. That is why I'm insistant that you take atleast three times as many spells as you do people when doing a ouija board. Each friend should know a binding, protection, and banishing spell at the VERY least. and if you teach everyone the one you've learned, and they do the same, not only do you get a higher chance of safety, but you can share results and work out which ones will actually save you should the need arise.

Just as an afternote, remember that a protection spell is a shield. It will stop most entities from harming you, but not all. Stronger entities than yourself could well break your shield, but it would still slow them down slightly due to the effort. A bind spell is to hold. It is to freeze whatever enters your shield before it causes any more harm. It is *NOT* a permaneant solution. If it stops a spirit from harming you, then do the next step aswell and banish it for ever trying to harm you. And a banish spell is meant to be rid of spirits that have entered you, others, or your home, that you do not wish to be with. Use that if any of you feel uneasy around spirits, if any of you even start to believe your possessed.

Also, a strong tool for banishing you may want to stock up on is sage. The smudge sticks of sage will be especially useful in removing unwanted entities that could linger in your house after using a ouija board.
Aniu

Post by Aniu »

Wow you guys are so helpful. Thank you so much. I will make sure to follow your guidance and teach all of my friends protecttion, binding, and banishment. They already know about sheilding so thats one thing out of the way.

I only got one question remaining- How do you know when you're being possessed?
A new found power

I can't answer that from experience, i've never been possessed that i've known. But i've heard others say that you don't know. You're absent whilst possessed, so it's kind of like fainting. You won't be concious of your own actions. That's what I've heard atleast.
A new found power

Sorry just remembered something that could really help. Just incase, learning the Archangel Michael prayer could really help *IF* you do get into a sticky situation. And as some of the friends performing are Christian, it could well be one they are willing to learn!

I'll supply the English version here, but you can use latin aswell if you wish.

- "Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray: and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen."
Aniu

Post by Aniu »

Can I see it in latin? Just for kicks. We'll keep the english version on hand tho, thank you.
A new found power

Sure.

"Sancte Michael Archangele,
defende nos in proelio;
contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
Imperet illi Deus, supplices deprecamur:
tuque, Princeps militiae Caelestis,
satanam aliosque spiritus malignos,
qui ad perditionem animarum pervagantur in mundo,
divina virtute in infernum detrude.
Amen."

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”