Greetings all

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
Badgerstate

Greetings all

Post by Badgerstate »

Hello all! New member here currently located in Columbus, OH and originally from Madison, WI. 34 years old, male. Anyways, I first discovered Wicca in my late teens (after being raised Lutheran and feeling like it never really made sense) and practiced for about 5 years, until I was age 23 and then kind of stopped. No real reason other than being tired of having to explain it to people all the time and feel like I was being attacked. Over the past 10 years, Ive been kind of an agnostic, not really following any religion, although I was studying various religions over that time.
For the past couple years, I was studying Buddhism and while I really liked a lot of the stuff they teach; I kind of always felt like Buddhism was a glass vault where I could learn about it as much as I want but never felt like I could really call myself a Buddhist. For some reason, I just never felt like I belonged. I have several Buddhist friends who I love to sit and just talk about life with but for some reason I always felt like an outsider.
So, a couple days ago I was driving and as I often do when driving, I was pondering various things (something you do when you daily commute is an hour each way in the middle of nowhere) and I came to realize that Wicca and Buddhism really teach the same things. Karma and the rule of 3 are pretty much the same thing, both teach doing what you will as long as you harm none and both teach the benefits of meditation.
So, here we are and I guess Im back. I figured Id give it the old, "a year and a day" trial period but thus far, it feels right and makes sense.
Im just your regular, middle-class guy who thought he'd live a normal, boring life only to find that apprently I was chosen to take this spiritual journey where I see the world differently than most people do.
Anyways, I look forward to getting to know everyone and talking about life, the universe and this crazy journey that we're all on.
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Re: Greetings all

Post by AdastraJunction »

Cheers! Jump in anywhere you fancy, it's lovely to have you join our little family here. There are a lot of very friendly and knowledgeable individuals here and we are all happy to help when needed so feel free to ask what you will. :)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

So is Wisconsin the badger state? I'm not entirely clear on all the state mottos. I know the Centennial state, because I live there, and I'm familiar with the Show Me state, Sooner state, and Land of Enchantment. I just don't recall ever hearing badger state. I agree that Wicca and Buddhism have some strong similarities. I grew up Catholic and finally admitted to myself that the connection just wasn't there.

Anyways, look around and ask questions. We're here to help.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Badgerstate

Post by Badgerstate »

SnowCat wrote:So is Wisconsin the badger state? I'm not entirely clear on all the state mottos. I know the Centennial state, because I live there, and I'm familiar with the Show Me state, Sooner state, and Land of Enchantment. I just don't recall ever hearing badger state. I agree that Wicca and Buddhism have some strong similarities. I grew up Catholic and finally admitted to myself that the connection just wasn't there.

Anyways, look around and ask questions. We're here to help.

Snow
Wisconsin is, "the badger state".

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”