Heard from the shadows...

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
PhoenixFlight

Heard from the shadows...

Post by PhoenixFlight »

*creeps out of the shadows in the dead of night, and dusts off my favorite chair, covered in layers of dust*

So, the past week or so I have been lurking a little bit, but I have finally "officially" returned to the forums. It's been one heck of a past few months, lemme tell ya..

So, as an update: I ended up going through my internship period with the web design company I may have mentioned a while back (can't remember if I did or not) and ended up staying on with them, where I currently am as a web developer and minor graphics designer. I have yet to do anything with it, but I am in fact ordained, and now hold the title High Priestess. Myself and a few others are trying to form an 'official' online coven, though it's a work in progress, and will take a bit of time to get going. I don't know how many of you ever visited [url=https://phoenixwands.com"]my shop[/url], but, it's had a facelift recently, and, I threw some cash at it and got an SSL certificate for it (for the non-techies, that means if you buy from my shop, all of your personal info is safe, encrypted, etc.) and will be able to expand my inventory shortly after the holidays (technically I could do it now, but, busy with the holiday season already) as I have found a few good bulk suppliers and found ways to handcraft items that would normally cost a bit to offer to potential clients. Lastly, I was offered a spot to teach a wandmaking class in Marlborough, MA and will probably be holding it in February, during school vacation week (wish me luck! it's been a while since I taught something in a "formal" manner such as that!)

So to all the new members, welcome! Glad to see this site still just as active as always. And to those I already know, hello again! I'm glad to be back home!

Bright Blessings,
Phoenix
~that is an interesting notion, in it's own way~
nightstar

Re: Heard from the shadows...

Post by nightstar »

Congrads on the job, the new title and shop upgrades. Defiitely sounds like you have a whirlwind couple of months. I hope the many blessings will still shower upon you in the future.
Nightstar

***<3***<3****<3
"Change your thoughts and you can change your world" -Norman Vincent Peale
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

Welcome back Phoenix! You have been missed. Congrats on the upgrade to your site/shop. I will be sure to check it out. Blessed Be.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi Phoenix !
Long time no see :)
I'm not aware of men getting High Priestess status, what tradition is this?
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
PhoenixFlight

Post by PhoenixFlight »

nightstar wrote:Congrads on the job, the new title and shop upgrades. Defiitely sounds like you have a whirlwind couple of months. I hope the many blessings will still shower upon you in the future.
Thank you :) Yes, I certainly did. even now, things are still all whirl-windy lol
Lillady wrote:Welcome back Phoenix! You have been missed. Congrats on the upgrade to your site/shop. I will be sure to check it out. Blessed Be.
Thanks! Yeah, it's a been a bit of a piece of work.
firebirdflys wrote:Hi Phoenix !
Long time no see :)
I'm not aware of men getting High Priestess status, what tradition is this?
Bb, Firebird
-points at gender icon- check that again maybe?

Also, it's a title, non-tradition specific. I happened to choose a Pagan title, as it best represents who I am, however, I can legally marry couples of any religion, as well as "non-traditional" same-sex couples :)
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I am very confused as to what gender icon you mean, Phoenix. I do not see anything like that anywhere and when I last checked you had said something about being male which is where Firebird's confusion is coming from and mine as well.

Congrats on your shop! I will be checking it out right now. (:
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
PhoenixFlight

Post by PhoenixFlight »

I realized after posting that, that StarWitch does not have the forum set up quite the same as others, where it displays the gender you have stated in your profile, on the forum-facing side of your profile details, which I find odd that you can select, but it doesn't display anywhere, but hey, whatever lolz

Yes, I was once male, and may have mentioned it somewhere along the line, though I do not remember exactly where it was. Either way, I thought I also mentioned somewhere that I am trans, and am currently in the process of becoming female. I know not everyone here may agree with it, but, that's their choice not to; I would find it curious though for someone (not necessarily on this forum mind you) to make a big deal about the details of someone elses life however, so I'm not too concerned stating that. Mostly just an FYI for those who are curious.
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

Sounds like you have been busy! Where did you get ordained? I have toyed with that idea previously.

How is the online coven going? Are you setting it up as a discussion forum?

I am totally OK with your being trans and a priestess.
Myrth
PhoenixFlight

Post by PhoenixFlight »

Myrth wrote:Sounds like you have been busy! Where did you get ordained?
It's really kind-of corny to think about, but you can get ordained online through the Church of Life.. Completely legitimate to do, and actually my current boss got ordained in the same manner, and has performed several completely legal/binding marriages in the past few months, so it's definitely a legitimate "thing", though I'm sure looked down upon by some others.. My only argument to those against it, is how else do they expect me to get the "proper" paperwork to it? I don't practice a particular path, am not Catholic/Christian, nor part of any other religion that would provide a means for me to do this otherwise.
Myrth wrote:How is the online coven going? Are you setting it up as a discussion forum?
Eh, not so well, and is actually slightly on the backburner for the moment, but it will (most likely) be a combination discussion forum, event calendar, and collaborative online BoS; elements similar in concept to as if this site and WitchVox were combined.
Myrth wrote:I am totally OK with your being trans and a priestess.
Thank you, I do appreciate your support. I have gotten to the point now where I appreciate support from those who are bit less close-minded, and those that do mind, well, why would they care really? It's not their life, so they can just bugger off..
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

There are many on line courses to get you ordained in a occult faith if you wish, my nephew was going to be a Jedi Knight ..of all things, but I looked at the curriculum and it was quite good. I also have ordination from the Universal Life Church, as well as ordination through my Celtic tradition which took 4 years of study and practice, and in my opinion should have been 8, because there is just so much out there.
It's true the ULC is non denominational, which is great for leading LGBT weddings. One of their great percs. Remember to submit the wedding license within the time frame outlined by your state.

I'm sorry if I seemed confrontational with the gender comment, I looked at your original intro in which you stated being a single male parent. I truly don't remember any conversation to the contrary, and to tell you the truth it doesn't matter to me who you love or how you identify yourself. Since you once tread a rocky path here you will have to excuse us for having a hawkeye. :wink:

Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
PhoenixFlight

Post by PhoenixFlight »

No worries firebird, I didn't consider it too confrontational at all; I interpreted it more as curiosity from you.

I understand your skepticism from past altercations, especially since they involved certain other past members that compounded ongoing issues.

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”