Hello, Everyone!

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
Sundancer

Hello, Everyone!

Post by Sundancer »

Hello! I'm a 25 year old single mother and I'm very new to Wicca. I'll give you a little bit of background, because I'm feeling chatty! :lol:

I was raised Christian, not very strict Christian, but I always thought that is what I was even thought my family had some practices considered outside of the faith. I never thought you couldn't practice both and I still think you can if you so choose. Even so I have also felt different. About a year ago I started having a craving to get more involved in faith. So I started studying the Bible and tried going to church more. Over the months though I started getting the feeling that maybe this wasn't the path for me. I have been practicing with crystals and smudging for years, and I started to feel guilty about it. So I stopped, and my anxiety increased a little bit over time (I suffer from anxiety). Now, I've started my crystals again and I feel so much better. loveface

Now, again I think you can be both but I don't feel that is right so me. I think that craving I started having a year ago was for me to get more involved in my own spirituality not Christianity. I started researching the Wiccan faith and found that it's in line with so many of my believes. Particularly, taking charge of your own path! So that has brought me here. I would love to know more from experienced Wiccans to help me on my new journey! Any suggestions?
LiebeUndLicht

Re: Hello, Everyone!

Post by LiebeUndLicht »

Welcome! I also came from a Christian background, I think it would be really nice to talk to you sometime. Blessed be!
Not all scars show and not all wounds heal. Sometimes you never truly see the pain that someone feels.
Sundancer

Post by Sundancer »

Thank you! Yes , I would love to chat with you sometime!
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Post by AdastraJunction »

Welcome, new to the forum as well. Ex- Roman Catholic here so you're in good company
Sundancer

Post by Sundancer »

Thank you and welcome to you! I was raised Episcopalian or as some call it the "Catholic-Lite."
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Merry Meet Sundancer! :)
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Welcome :)

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”