*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Unique Runes

Share photos or links to your arts and crafts here. Jewelry, paintings, crafts, graphic art.

Unique Runes

Postby T'a Nuk » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:42 am

Unique hand painted river stone rune sets with a draw string pouch that lays out to a casting cloth. The runes are painted in many themes and the pouch has an example sewn to it. These are fun to make and they keep my brush hand limber. I chuckle at how many of these sets I have sold to LARPers in Missoula! The designs featured here are 'Sacred Oak', 'Bear Spirit', 'Shamrock', and 'Bumblebee'.
T'a Nuk

Re: Unique Runes

Postby firebirdflys » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:24 am

These are amazing ! :fairy:
smileydance
The pouches are cool too.
Did you drill holes in those stones? :surprisedwitch:
Very nice T'a Nuk
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Re: Unique Runes

Postby T'a Nuk » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:25 pm

Thank you.
Yes, I did drill the stones. An exercise in patience for sure. I also make rune pendants and charms. I have been making rune sets since I was a kid but didn't learn to cast them until less than 10 years ago. When I was in grade school I was a huge Dungeons and Dragons gamer and just loved the look and mystery of them. I think I was about 10 years old when I made my first bind rune and about 11 when I made my first complete set. I would carve them in trees and draw them on rocks all over the place. I would draw them on small stones and put them in creeks and ponds. I can imagine that if I went back to where I grew up, the woods are still full of runes hidden throughout. I think of dreamy kids like me finding them and being awed at the mystery and magic, wondering what they mean and who put them there. I am sure that some little T'a Nuk will write them down and decipher them. Perhaps he will be inspired to follow a magical path...
T'a Nuk

Return to Artwork