*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

a So Cal spring day

a So Cal spring day

Postby firebirdflys » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:55 am

Hip Hip Huzzah!
In So. Cal the spring is happening :D The green is everywhere and the flowers are out. The Earth Goddess is doing her vernal thing. Being in a Mediterranean climant gives us rains in the winter, sometimes through March. We have been in a terrible drought, and it has taken it's toll on many plants, even oak trees. Thankfully we have had some rain even though it isn't enough to replace the watertable and solve the drought, it has been enough to bring Life back. This phenom only lasts for about 2 months ...here...after that its like summer till November ...bleck.
This is such a beautiful example of when the Goddess is made moist, she is fertile.
Now fertile with flowers, hubby and I took atvantage and had a picnic amongst the green. Thought I would share some pics.
20150305_122019.jpg
springtime offering

20150305_135217.jpg
Grassy picnic

20150305_153914.jpg
Mt Ganesh

20150305_153355.jpg
poppies

The poppies above are the state flower, the California Poppy.
I had a couple other real good pics but it said they were too large? I don't get that because these other photos were taken from the same device, why is this? Any computer wiz kids out there, splain this to me Please.Lucy.

Anyway this was my day, we hiked about 5 miles round trip, sat by the creek, had a fab picnic, laid in the grass, saw many different varities of flowers and bunches of butterflies, a few hawks, blew soap bubbles from the hill top, ate wild mustard...yum, like wasabi :shock:

Blessed be the Goddess who grows full.
Firebird
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Re: a So Cal spring day

Postby SnowCat » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:32 am

That's so pretty. I'm so tired of white and gray.

Cat
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat

Re: a So Cal spring day

Postby firebirdflys » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:11 pm

I wish poppies your way, soon...very, very soon :fairy:
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Return to Faeries, Nature Spirits, and Plant Consciousness