*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

The mountains are calling and I must go. (John Muir)

Firebird started out on her path in 1987 after finding her biological family where she learned of her Native American roots. She continued on a solitary journey, absorbing as much as she could about spirituality, when she joined a coven in 1994 where the focus was in Celtic shamanism, fertility, and healing. Ordained in 1999 in this Celtic tradition as well as in the ULC, she would be happy to answer questions on solitary practice as well as group dynamic. She specializes in herb lore, wildcrafting, as well as stones, ritual design, shapeshifting, dreamwork, spells, incense blends, and more. Feel free to stop in the Den of the Firebird and see if she can help.

The mountains are calling and I must go. (John Muir)

Postby firebirdflys » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:10 pm

Yes the mountains were indeed calling, problem is, they call to me all the time... but finding time and money to accommodate my inner spiritual voice gets strangely harder the older I get. Used to be I would just stick out my thumb and GO. That alone was a crazy part of the journey, never knew what was coming, or I should say Who, because hitchhiking in the 70's wasn't exactly safe. Yet, I traveled through several states, saw many amazing things, met wonderful And scary people, but usually made my destination. I can't say I was always safe because I was assaulted, I won't say what happened but my hitchiking days were numbered after that.
Thanks to my wonderful parents I was struck and instilled with the essence of wanderlust and a deep love and respect for all of nature's gifts. I am eternally grateful to them for that, because if I was raised with bio-mom, my idea of getting away would be to the Holiday Inn, blaaaaaaaaaa (funny eh?, my husband used to work ot one, hahaha) and if that were the case I might never be on this path of the witches. Because to ME this craft path of the wise is a life long journey of exploring the natural world and discovering yourself within it. You will never be done honing the edge of your knowledge, learning will never end, making a better you is the trail of life. If you think you have it all figured out...think again. Your ego is about to explode. Get back in check and get thyself to nature. Humble yourself, (which if you are unaware is the root word to humus, that is the soil of the Earth, not the dip for your chip!)
We need that contact to remain grounded, sane and whole.

My latest journey was to the edge of the Long Valley Caldera, to a place known as Mammoth. It's in my home state, and I try to go there at least once a year. To me it is home. I was practically raised in the campgrounds of the area. The place has grown dramatically since my first visit in about 1959, to the point of crowds in my fishing hole,...now that's not fun. However, even though our favorite campground, which used to be on the frindges of town and now has a McDonald's across the street...., the air, the trees the mountains lakes and rivers even the hot fumerols, speak to me here.
Since my dad passed away in 2006, mom has needed a ride to the mountains, she can't exactly camp on her own. She'll call and say "I need to clear the cobwebs of my soul"... translates to: time to go camping in the mountains! We are more than happy to accommodate her. This year was a challenge though. With the tragedy of one cat getting locked in the shed last year and it was 105 for days, and the other cat now blind and on meds, we had to get creative with our travels. HA!...we split the trip. I went up with mom, my daughter and her beau joined us days later, then mom and I left to come home the day my husband came up to join our daughter ....then my husbands son and his family came and spent the rest of the time in our wonderful site amongst the trees.

This will be a pictorial account of the portion of my time there and how it affected me, mentally, physically and spiritually.

I use John Muir as a guide, he traveled these mountains long before they were made parks, even in the late 1800's he saw the need to get spiritual rest and rejuvination in and from the mountains. His quotes and stories are very inspiring, I find his insight to be quite pagan, though I believe he was a Christian.

Blessed Be my wanderer John, ..."going to the mountains is like coming home"
(Rather reminiscent of another saying, eh?)
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Re: The mountains are calling and I must go. (John Muir)

Postby firebirdflys » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:47 pm

Out of the SFV and onto Hwy 14 going north we wiz thru Palmdale and Lancaster (I used to live here, ugh...a story for another time, really glad I made it out though) I digress, sorry...
The speed limit goes up and I raise the cruise control a bit, soon we hit Mojave, the armpit of the desert in my opinion, I apologize to anyone who lives there (bro in law and family included) but it isn't windy this morning, very, very, very unusual for Mojave, we usually stop to pee or get coffee, but wiz on through. Shortly we enter the Red Rock Canyon, interesting place for a day excursion, or if you are into ATVs or motorcycles this is the place to go : http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Rock ... California)
Alas we hit Hwy 395, this portion of the trip is the longest between towns, in the distance you pass by California City, Ridgecrest and China Lake (where there is the Naval Air Weapons Station) Which by the way has some of the OLDEST pictographs in the U.S. on their property. If you want to see them you have to go through government clearance of a sort... I did, Totally worth it!
Evidence of ancient lava flows are all around here and as we drive I see all sorts of igneous sentinels standing guard, quite a reassuring sight in an eerie kind of way.
This long stretch of hwy 395 passes a couple reservoirs we have never stoped at...I don't know why but it seems they were private or belong to the local natives I think,... this is Little Lake and Hawaee reservoir. Sprinkled along this treck of the road is numerous skeletal buildings whose establishments heyday is long gone, yet a trailer on these properties let you know someone still lives there.

We are making good time and are getting hungry for lunch.
Ever since I was a child we stopped at this park in Lone Pine for rest, lunch or a bathroom break. My brother and I played in the stream every time.

[attachment=0]20140824_113625.jpg[/attachment]

See pic below (help! I can't put it where I want :evilwitch: )

The park here has always reminded me we are getting close, the deep cut rivulets flowing down from the mighty Sierra's gets more pronounced the further north you go. We have passed Olancha, which is where they bottle Crystal Geyser water, do any of you drink that? I found it humorous that we had it in the cooler....shipped all the way to L.A.
Just to be brought back!
Lone Pine is known for the gateway to Mt Whitney, the tallest mountain in the contiguous United States, and the rolling hills behind town called the Alabama Mountains, where many many westerns were filmed. The Japanese interment camp Manznar is just north of town, and while as far as we know none of my husbands family was interred here, it is a very interesting albeit sad place to visit.
For more info on Lone Pine:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lone_Pine,_California
And for more info on Manzanar:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manzanar
For a beautiful photo of the SHRINE in the cemetery there at Manzanar click here (I didn't have one on this camera)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... shrine.jpg

We still need to travel through, Independence, where Charles Manson was held in jail after they caught him in the desert, Barker ranch I believe. Not something this town would want to be known for I wouldn't think, what I remember is a really good museum on the Native Americans from that area. We also spent the 4th of July here once, they had a big fireworks show out at the Airport, Independence Day in Independence! Exhilarating!
For more info on Independence:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independ ... ia#Museums

Next we go through Big Pine, the town itself isn't much to write home about, but is the gateway to the Palisades Glacier, and some really lovely back country hiking, we went past Lon Chaney's cabin on a backpacking trip once.
Here's more info on Big Pine and the Palisades Glacier:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Pine,_California
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palisade_Glacier

By now we have been driving nearly 5 hours, Bishop looms in the nearby horizon! We are really close now! When we hit Bishop is is always a gas stop...Giggle Springs, what a name for a gas station! This is the weekend all the burners are heading to the Burning Man festival, and we usually meet folks heading that direction at this gas station. You can always pick em out, there the ones with the brightly colored bicycles attached to their car or RV. smiley_dance

Thanks for reading...more to come!
Attachments
20140824_113625.jpg
Crossing the creek in Lone Pine, marks the beginning of the spiritual journey
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Postby firebirdflys » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:18 am

Bishop is basically the bottom of the hill, a lovely little town, we have camped here many times, our van blew a head gasket here once, the tow truck took us to a nice camp on the edge of town, we rented a car, threw the canoe on it and continued our vacation! Bishop creek is great fishing, and further up the road is a couple lakes, a relief when it is 105 degrees in Bishop and in 17 miles you can be subalpine in a hail storm!
For more info on Bishop look here :
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishop,_California
We are are aproaching the "hill"
The Sherwin Grade is a length of road to be reckoned with, if you have a car prone to overheat, this is not the road for it, not in the summer anyway. They have water tanks on the side of the road as you go up. You gain about 3,000 feet in 25 miles, talk about poping ears!
We are almost there, Tom's Place is at the top of the hill, the change in desert foliage to that of pine trees and aspens are fully in view, a large sweeping lush green meadow is on the left as we near the outer most fingers of Crowley Lake, which we can tell is terribly low, because these fingers have no water in them. We enjoy this lake from afar as the road skirts along it's western edge, now Mammoth airport is in view. We flew here many times while my dad still had his plane. I have seen this place go from a one building rarely manned ground radio room, to a place that has turboprops landing and a loooooooog row of hangers. Right after dad sold the plane, the new owner flew here and crashed it !
The turn to Hot Creek is at the north end of the runway, the runway runs along the same way as the road, just several hundred yards off.
Hooray !!! the turn is right up the road, I can see the sign, Mammoth, next exit ...smiley_dance
We drive the last portion of the camino, reaching over 7,000 feet in elevation. I can smell the sweet fragrance of pines, in my mind I have a space picked out, there are only a handful of non-reservable spaces. We have been aced out of a particularly nice spot every time but I tell the universe that it is open and waiting for us. We drive into the "new" Shady Rest campground, which is on the southern edge of the largest stand of Jeffery Pines in the world. Heaven. We drive in go strait to the spot which is tagged, I cry out ....dang! But the campground host happens to be right there taking care of the rest room and says, "oh no...it's Open!"
Woooo Hooooo! We pull in and pay, and proceed to set up camp, this is going to be great, already the hair on the back of my neck is alive and I can feel the sweet air rebuilding the molecular structure of my spine.
Course it could be the altitude, hahaha...Naw, I never had a problem with that!
Here we are:
20140825_073430.jpg
My tent

20140825_073357.jpg
Mom's tent in the foreground

20140824_183542.jpg
Camp set, bear box on left

Cool, more to come
firebirdflys

Postby Xiao Rong » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:19 am

Lovely campsite, FF! So jealous ... wish I could be outdoors too!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby firebirdflys » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:39 pm

Tx Xiao, wish you could go with us!

Quote ...John Muir
"Another glorious Sierra day in which one seems to be dissolved and absorbed and sent pulsing onward we know not where. Life seems neither long nor short, and we take no more heed to save time or make haste than do the trees and stars. This is true freedom, a good practical sort of immortality."

Yes, I rise up and feel crisper, newer, ...already linking into the groove of subalpine freedom.
It is unusual for me to be here with just my mother, because as a child, dad was always along and he would be up prepping for the days fishing excursion. I have a moment of mourning, but sense he is there in some capacity just happy that we are getting ourselves to the place we love. Additionally, husband is also absent, but it's ok, we worked it out.
I feel so at peace, and take some time to let that sink in, I had lit my white candle the night before for the issues in Ferguson and the world, I chanted quietly imaging I was the peace pillar...
may peace prevail on earth,
may peace prevail on earth.
I try not to let my mind go to all the why's, with so much beauty to behold it boggles my mind that people would rather fight.

The luxurious scent of coffee wafts through the air and I know mom is up (the 3 most satisfying fragrances in the mountains is the pine trees, the coffee and bacon...all mixed together!)
I stretch and peer out of my tent, it's going to be a great day.

Right away mom wants to head for the lakes basin, we got her fishing license at Kittredge Sports yesterday, this store was always the best place to find what and where the hot bite was. It used to be a small A-frame building when I was a child, but it looks as though it's been added onto 3 or 4 times now. Heres a link to the place, they have some nice pictures on their wesite
http://kittredgesports.com

We hit Lake Mary first, couple years ago the bear chased some folks out of the hole I wanted to try. We pull into the gravel lot and find parking between some trees. Right away my heart warms, the lake dog is there! A most beautiful black lab, I jump out of the car...
" Oso!,... my friend, long time no see!!"
I cry out to the dog and he comes running over all barking and wagging at the same time. His owner waves," hi ladies!, good to see you again"... funny, I remember the dogs name but not his owner, such a nice guy too.
Mom heads for one side of the lake and I go to try the deeper hole where the bear was.
Tying a fishing knott is way more challenging now that I can't see well, mom got herself some pre-tied ones, because it's even harder for her, and she just had eye surgery a week or so ago.
I whip out the glasses and fix up my line.
I have a beautiful old fiberglass pole, same one as when I was a kid, same old "Mitchell Garcia" reel too.
(They just don't make em like they used to, metal parts last waaaaay longer). I brought the tiny pole too, it's about 2 feet long, hubby caught his 2 big ones last year on it.
I cast out all hopeful....wait, reel...wait. hummmmmm.
I gather some other tackle, and between the 2 poles try a variety of rubber worms, bait and lures.
Nothing, not even a nibble, but I did manage a huge snarl, so I sat to deal with that. I'm in the shade and the clouds are closing in now. Mom had said, "uh oh" upon spotting them in the a.m. but I protested...it will be fine...they are in no way reminiscent of the 'mares tails' of a fews years earlier that brought on the torrential down pour, sending us to a motel.
I found it interesting mom was able to call that one, weather magic has alot to do with being able to read the skies. The mares tails came 2 days before the rain.
I relax and fix my rats nest of line, and take in the view, in a momet I will join mom on the other bank. That's Mammoth Mountain above my toes.
20140825_113047.jpg
Chilly morning at Lake Mary

20140825_113125.jpg
Looking south at Lake Mary

20140825_115658.jpg
On the oppsite shore now, mom waves!

It's time to try a different lake, so we hop in the car and meander up the one lane road to Lake George.
This lake is my favorite, probably because I caught my first fish here when I was 5, that's stringing the line and tying my own tackle hooks and applying the bait myself! (Yuck) used to be dad would do it all, but I found a great spot by a rock, and for whatever reason was alone, so I decided to do it myself. Casted out and caught a fish directly....OMG, now what will I do?, no one was here to net it, but at that moment dad showed up just as I was beaching the fish. " I did it all by my self !" I yelled at him. Now I visit that rock whenever I can, this year I didn't get a chance.
It's colder and more windy here at Lake George, but we try our luck for awhile. I go off to take some pics. I remember last year the bear came through here and gobbled up a couple stringers of fish. As the the beast came strolling down the hill people parted the way like Moses parting sea, mom was coming down from the car and had her back to him, we were all yelling and waving our arms for her to turn and look so she could get out of his way...scary moment.
Hey look!! mom just caught a fish...she wouldn't let me take a pic, siting it to be too small.
Here's mom ...my fish rock is just about a half an inch along the shoreline from the left of the pic. The great rock formation in the background can be seen from several of the lakes and is called Crystal Craigs. I saw people on top of it with the binoculars this time, nice climb! At the back of the lake is a huge rock that I intend to jump off into the water someday...soon.
a better pic of this lake is comming...! Stay tuned!
20140825_125226.jpg
Mom going to catch a fish

20140825_125157.jpg
Lake George on a chilly day

Thank you for reading if you have got this far!
Tomorrow I'll try to be less wordy
Guess I'm terribly passionate about the place smileylove smileylove smileylove
firebirdflys

Postby firebirdflys » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:59 am

It's been a long day, the cold wind wears one out sooner than you would expect.
After a good camp dinner, it's time to chill...uh, I mean warm up by the fire.
20140825_200502.jpg
Nothing sooths the savage human like the crackle of a fire

Mom and I play some cribbage and hit the sac.
I wonder if the bear will show.
firebirdflys

Postby firebirdflys » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:52 pm

VEGETARIAN WARNING...!! Photo of dead fish coming, in the next segment.
And now back to the story....

I would like to share some more John Muir quotes, but there are sooooooo many good ones it's hard to choose.

"Oh, these vast, calm, measureless mountain days, inciting at once to work and rest! Days in whose light everything seems equally divine, opening a thousand windows to show us God. Nevermore, however weary, should one faint by the way who gains the blessings of one mountain day; whatever his fate, long life, short life, stormy or calm, he is rich forever." John Muir

I have indeed been made wealthy by this place,
A spiritual bank which one must return to as frequently as possible to make a withdraw. Would stand to reason that if you could be here all the time you would be a spiritual meglamillionaire (is that a word?)
Not sure how I would handle the winters however. Never have been a skier, yet this place is famous for it, I have only dabbled in some cross country skiing....it's just too freaking cold.

So here is a few photos of some things we did before my daughter and the beau arrived...

We went to a cool little museum called Hayden cabin. It had alot of great info on the history of the town, photos of old establishments, mining relics, and other vintage stuff from the area, I could have spent all day here. Mom said they had an iron like this, can you imagine?
I can see it now....
"oh wait a moment dear while I gas up the iron, I'll have that shirt pressed for you in no time!!!"
20140825_173312.jpg
Rev up your iron

In this place they also tell of the americans who inhabited the region prior to the invasion of the multitude of miners, then skiers, fishermen, and various other mountaineering maniacs. They are the Paiute,... I am taken for a moment by this photo of women.
20140825_173445.jpg
Seeing this place through their eyes

Back at the visitor center, which is just next to the campground a work tool of these ladies, oh the hours of hard work that went into this!
20140826_091451.jpg
I hold in my hand the toil of hundreds of years

Here's a close up...
20140826_091424.jpg
Time to mash acorns

The landscape near this museum cabin is very much the High Desert, this is the valley as it sweeps away from town.
20140825_180428.jpg
High desert plains of Mammoth

My mind drifts as I dream about a time when Mammoth was a wilder and woolier place.
Not at all like now where the fishing is managed by the local hatcheries, and ski lifts wisk you to the mountain tops in winter or summer.
If you have stuck with me on this story so far....huzzah! Because a fish story is next!
firebirdflys

Postby firebirdflys » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:00 pm

THE BIG ONE

Yep, it's the one that didn't get away.
I was raised in a family that fished. So unless you wanted to sit on the bank and play with rocks and twiggs with an occational rogue tackle find, (which I did quite a lot), you fished with them.
Bio mom would not have taught me this.
Dad was a hunter also but he never hunt after we kids were born. He did teach us to shoot, and how to clean and care for a gun by the time we were 8 or so. He had a prized 16 gage that was his fathers, they usually went out for duck or pheasant, thank goodness I never hunted but if I had to, I could.
Fishing was really their gig. (Did y'all catch that pun? Hahaha).
Ugh, feels like my dads corny humor kicking in.

So there we were at the same little spot we frequent at Lake Mary, a bit further down because the place was already packed by people. I was a bit nervous for mom as the rocks here are bigger and it's harder to get close to the water. We set up and try a few casts. I have these wazoo rubber red worms my husband caught a couple giant fish on last year, so I flung these out for several casts. Mom uses bait, she likes to sit and watch.
I like action, lures are fun when you catch 'em that way.
Dang, nothing seems to get their attention today...again.
The family next to us looks to be wrapping it up for the day, and I wish to grab their spot,...it is more mom friendly. As they pack it in, I go to inquire about their fishing day.
Their kid right away tells me he caught a big one. Course in relation to his size, I imagine they are all pretty big.
His dad was more humble, "oh...we caught a few, but I have to come back for them" His arms were burdened down with other stuff.
Mom and I move over, I step to the edge and flip off my zories to get a better grip on the rock with my bare feet and cast out. I make several casts before I notice the stringer of fish our neighbor was referring to.
"Holy mackerel!! Mom! You gotta come see this!" She saunters over, there in the crevices of these watery rocks are 4 of the biggest trout I have ever seen on one stringer.
(I've seen these giants at the hatchery, ...one is tempted to thow a line in, past the sign that reads" no fishing" at these places!)
Now as we examine the shoreline a school of fish have become visible. In the pack is several of these big boys. I can hear my dad...."if you can see the fish, they can see you too"... meaning they were less likely to bite. I better buy a net ...goes through my mind, and I tell mom I'm walking to the lake store for real worms and a net. (Course we both have 5 nets at home!)
Just then the owner of the fantastic stringer of trout returns. Wondering what on earth he was using to have caught these monsters, he told me that they had just planted them that morning and they caught them shortly after the plant, wich is unusual...they don't normally bite till after they have calmed down from their ordeal of being flung into the water. In any case he was using a pink rubber worm, same kind as mine just a different color.
"Mom!", "I'll be right back" and off to the lake store I trotted.
The clerk was just unpacking a new shipment of stuff and he pulled out some hot orange colored worms of the same brand. He said he can barely keep em on the shelf. Oui, dare I try a different color? Ok, I bought the worms and net and was heading out the door when the man with the fantastic stringer and his son appeared. The boy got his photo taken at the store, and indeed the fish was half the length of him. He caught the biggest one, and the kid was just grinning ear to ear. They took more photos and said they would post them on the lakes facebook page.

I rush back to where mom is and fling out my new worm, ...nothing.
Again...ahhh a couple followers.
Again, ...and I see the grandpappy trout give it a nip. Oooooo, my heart speeds up a bit, I gently move the worm a notch and he snaps at it again. Don't blow if Firebird, I tell myself. Just another slight movement and Pow! He grabs and I pull. He's on!
I yell to mom to bring the net. I'm once again flipping off my zories to get a better grip on the rocks. Now I worry about mom, how is she going to scramble over these rocks to net the fish?
I begin to reel but only make a few cranks before...ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, the line goes out with the fish. My drag is set rather loose.
Then a voice from on high begins to chant..."keep your pole up!, keep your pole up!" It is my dad calling to me from the otherworld."Ok!!", I think in my mind, "I hear you!"
I crank the reel some more, ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, the line goes out even further!
Dang, keep your pole up. I reel and reel, bzzzzzzz he goes again, I consider tightening my drag but that could snap the line. Reeling some more he only gets a few short runs in. How am I going to net this fish and keep my pole up at the same time and not fall off the rock into the water? Mom is about to hand me the net and... bZZzzzzzzzz, away goes the fish again. Right then our fishing neighbor on the other side of us is putting down his pole, "you're going to need a bigger net!", and he comes over with his very large net.
I'm making a bit of progress now, and the runs the fish is making are getting shorter. I'm almost there and I look behind myself to take a step or two back. The man has his net in the water, all I have to do is land it right into the waiting net. The fish flops and thrashes as he is closer to shore and the man tries to scoop him up but NO!, ...as soon as the fishes head was in the net he went to lift up and the fish fliped right back in the water! NO way! I thought he had come off the line, but the tug and ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz let me know the fight was still on. He went for several more stretches of my untaunt line and at last he was nearing the shore again, (don't blow it dude, probably went through my mind) and the man poised himself to land the fish again.
Closer, and closer, I reel and reel, pole up ...all is good, and head into the net he goes, the man stands and swings the net over the rocks and up on the bank!
Thank you!, thank you! I scream out to the man.
Ha! Look dad :mrgreen: I kept my pole up! I say a little inner prayer of thanks to dad.
The fish is flipping around in the net and I grab my pliers figuring he must have swallowed the bait, but to my surprise I have only snagged him in the lip, he could have easily thrown it out of his mouth had I not kept the tension only moderately taut and my pole up.
Took him to the scales at the lake store,
...3 and 1/4 pounds, that's the biggest fish I have ever caught in my life. WOW :surprisedwitch:

here he is,
keep in mind the shank of my floral blade is only 2 and 1/4 inches long...

20140826_140955.jpg
Rainbow trout W/my floral knife

And one more by the wood pile,
20140826_141052.jpg
Yep, he's the length of a regular newspaper

Ha! I out fished the hubby this year,
while he did catch more in volume,
I caught the keeper of the trip!
firebirdflys

Postby firebirdflys » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:50 am

a few of the wit and wise quotes by my man John Muir

I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.

The sun shines not on us but in us. The rivers flow not past, but through us, thrilling, tingling, vibrating every fiber and cell of the substance of our bodies, making them glide and sing. The trees wave and the flowers bloom in our bodies as well as our souls, and every bird song, wind song, and tremendous storm song of the rocks in the heart of the mountains is our song, our very own, and sings our love.

Everything is flowing — going somewhere, animals and so-called lifeless rocks as well as water. Thus the snow flows fast or slow in grand beauty-making glaciers and avalanches; the air in majestic floods carrying minerals, plant leaves, seeds, spores, with streams of music and fragrance; water streams carrying rocks ... . While the stars go streaming through space pulsed on and on forever like blood globules in Nature's warm heart.

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
firebirdflys

Return to Den of the Firebird