*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

The books you couldn't live without!

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.

Re: The books you couldn't live without!

Postby loona wynd » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:49 pm

jennybug wrote:Thank you! I'm glad you can explain both sides, why you like some and not others. Some people can be very rigid when it comes to these things. Anyway I've just put in an order on amazon there thanks to some of your suggestions :D

What books did you order?
loona wynd
Banned Member

Postby SpiritTalker » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:53 pm

My guide for life has always been Heidi, the original, unaltered version. I think it taught me how to cope with unexpected changes in my life, and how to let the Light carry on it's purpose.I learned to read from this book before starting school and still have my original copy, yellowed, scotch taped and dingy. And 2nd is Robin Hood...another life coaching book. After these 2 the thrill falls away dramatically.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby SpiritTalker » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:34 pm

As far as craft books, Ann Moura's "Green Magic" series is quite good and teaches well. Among my early books, and the only one's I've held on to over 30+ years, are M. Medici's "Good Magic" which is not Wiccan at all, and the "Grimoire of Lady Sheba" in spite of shortcomings, it is Wiccan. They are not in-depth and don't preach. They're basic and heart-felt, not scholarly. My very 1st intro was Cunningham's "Solitary Wicca" so it holds a special place in my heart, and yet has shortcomings. For history and tying Wicca all together, the works by Raven Grimassi are well done within the restrictions of traditional oath boundaries. He is a better scholar than teacher.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby Siona » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:45 pm

The book I reference most often is probably my copy of The Orphic Hymns (Athanassakis translation). I also pick up Greek Folk Religion (Martin P. Nilsson), and Festivals of the Athenians (H. W. Parke) very often. On the side of things dealing more with witchcraft The Resurrection of the Meadow (Robin Artisson), To Fly By Night (Veronica Cummer), and quite a bit of Cochrane's writings have influenced my path a good bit.
I sing of Artemis, the pure maiden, who cheers on the hounds, the hunter of stags, who delights in archery over the shadowy hills and windy peaks, who draws her golden bow, rejoicing in the chase.
Siona

Postby Doktor Avalanche » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:36 pm

Aleister Crowley's Book 4
Donald Michael Kraig's Modern Magick
William Gray's Magical Ritual Methods
John J. Coughlin's Out of the Shadows
Melita Denning's & Osborne Phillip's Magical Philosophy Series
Lon Milo DuQuette's & Christopher Hyatt's Illustrated Goetia
Julius Evola's The Hermetic Tradition
Nick Farrell's Making Talismans
Frater Barrabbas' Mastering the Art of Ritual Magick Series
Frater UD's High Magick I & II
Raven Grimassi's Wiccan Magick & Grimoire of the Thorn-Blooded Witch
John Michael Greer's Circles of Power, Earth Divination, Encyclopedia of Natural Magic, Green Wizardry, Inside a Magical Lodge, Mystery Teachings from a Living Earth, Paths of Wisdom(Best book on Qabalah IMHO), The Art and Practice of Geomancy, The Celtic Golden Dawn, The Doctrine and Ritual of High Magic, The Druidry Handbook, The Druid Magic Handbook, The Occult Book, The Secret of the Temple, Wealth of Nature, Learning Ritual Magic

And many, many more books...
"We are of the gods, but we are not ourselves gods,
We reflect the Divine, but we are not Divinity itself"

Doktor Avalanche

Previous

Return to F.A.Q.