*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Tapatalk "Adult Content" Issue

If you have a suggestion or comment about the board you can share it here.

Tapatalk "Adult Content" Issue

Postby Mystie.Graves » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:15 am

I hope the admins here have control over the chat in tapatalk, cause now this has happened twice.

A tapatalk user by the name of "N0onespecial" shared some "Adult" pictures.

This is through tapatalk so I'm not sure what control anyone can/will have, but it's still in EUTM's chat on tapatalk.

Also anyone using just a browser to view the forum will not see it, since this is the apps chat specifically for this forum. I know there are some who use the tapatalk app who will, & have seen it.

I reported the user, more than once. I also reported this to Starwitch & made a note in the forums main chat.

I'm hoping the picture can be deleted? I doubt any 13 yr olds need to see this.

I'm sure there are members who do not want to see this or might be underaged (Since I think the age to sign up is 13+).

(I hope I posted this in the correct section since this seems like a violation of the rules even if kinda indirect, imo is a violation no matter what. If not, I'm sorry, plz move to the correct place?)

=#=Mystie.Graves=#=
=#=Mystie.Graves=#=
Mystie.Graves

Re: Tapatalk

Postby Xiao Rong » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:48 am

Hi Mystie, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I do not use Tapatalk, so I haven't seen it in the EUTM chat. I wasn't able to find anyone by the username "N0onespecial" -- did they change it? I will do some investigation on my end as well. Thank you very much!

Xiao
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tapatalk "Adult Content" Issue

Postby Mystie.Graves » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:57 am

Xiao Rong wrote:Hi Mystie, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I do not use Tapatalk, so I haven't seen it in the EUTM chat. I wasn't able to find anyone by the username "N0onespecial" -- did they change it? I will do some investigation on my end as well. Thank you very much!

Xiao

I believe it is a non-member, just someone using tapatalk other things who is trolling this forum.

=#=Mystie.Graves=#=
=#=Mystie.Graves=#=
Mystie.Graves

Postby moonraingirl » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:58 am

Just wanted to confirm that I can see those pictures, too.
moonraingirl

Postby Mystie.Graves » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:05 am

If needed, since you're a admin here, I can email you screen shots.

I don't think it's appropriate to post them here considering the pictures are not for young minds, but maybe sent to you so other can't see should be okay so you have proof/ evidence. (If you want me too)

=#=Mystie.Graves=#=
=#=Mystie.Graves=#=
Mystie.Graves

Postby Mystie.Graves » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:09 am

There might be settings for the plugin for the forum to block chat from non-members.

Because far as I can tell, non-members can chat but not post to the forum itself.

That might be something to ask Tapatalk staff.

I tried to report to them too, but couldn't talk to them 'til I joined the support forum for them specifically. Which I did do just to get it reported.

So there must be a way to block non-members from chatting in the EUTM-tapatalk-chat. (Which sadly cannot be seen on the main forum, only thru the app)

=#=Mystie.Graves=#=
=#=Mystie.Graves=#=
Mystie.Graves

Postby CleverlyDisguised » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:40 am

Xiao, I too have seen and reported the items.
CleverlyDisguised

Postby moonraingirl » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:41 am

I personally don't find those pictures that bad (I've heard that there's a cultural difference in sensitivity to naked body between American and European culture, Europeans tend to be more tolerant, Eg that picture of naked bottom could be in any mainstream family magazine in my country) but yes, I agree it would be better if such pictures were not published here. It's not appropriate.
moonraingirl

Postby Mystie.Graves » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:01 am

moonraingirl wrote:I personally don't find those pictures that bad (I've heard that there's a cultural difference in sensitivity to naked body between American and European culture, Europeans tend to be more tolerant, Eg that picture of naked bottom could be in any mainstream family magazine in my country) but yes, I agree it would be better if such pictures were not published here. It's not appropriate.

I don't get offended by "adult" things, I've even been called a perv before lol! To be honest it could be far far worse. XD If it wasn't for the gutter my mind wouldn't have a place to call home. I love "adult" humor, it's my favorite kind of humor next to bathroom humor, haha! (but I won't ever cross that line here, the rules are clear, & everyone is very respectful so I'd never want to upset anyone.)

I do know there are important rules to being a member of EUTM, & I believe the age limit to register here is 13, which would make it illegally exposing to a minor due to our laws here in the US.

I know a lot of other country's laws are different, but this is something that can land someone in a lot of trouble here.

I also doubt that everyone who happened to view the forum they the App wants to see it. It could set the wrong idea to a passer by interested in the forum.

It is the reason why I jumped on it so fast. lol!
=#=Mystie.Graves=#=
Mystie.Graves

Postby moonraingirl » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:07 am

Mystie.Graves wrote:
moonraingirl wrote:I personally don't find those pictures that bad (I've heard that there's a cultural difference in sensitivity to naked body between American and European culture, Europeans tend to be more tolerant, Eg that picture of naked bottom could be in any mainstream family magazine in my country) but yes, I agree it would be better if such pictures were not published here. It's not appropriate.

I don't get offended by "adult" things, I've even been called a perv before lol! To be honest it could be far far worse. XD If it wasn't for the gutter my mind wouldn't have a place to call home. I love "adult" humor, it's my favorite kind of humor next to bathroom humor, haha! (but I won't ever cross that line here, the rules are clear, & everyone is very respectful so I'd never want to upset anyone.)

I do know there are important rules to being a member of EUTM, & I believe the age limit to register here is 13, which would make it illegally exposing to a minor due to our laws here in the US.

I know a lot of other country's laws are different, but this is something that can land someone in a lot of trouble here.

I also doubt that everyone who happened to view the forum they the App wants to see it. It could set the wrong idea to a passer by interested in the forum.

It is the reason why I jumped on it so fast. lol!

Oh, I see now :-) I totally agree with that :-)
moonraingirl

Postby smogie_michele » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:28 pm

Holy cow, I had no idea this was happening. We also try to keep it "clean" here to make sure we don't traffic any sort of negative attention- we want this to be a comfortable place for everyone. Mystie hit it right on the nose :)
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
smogie_michele

Postby YanaKhan » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:02 pm

I don't remember seeing reports from you, guys, perhaps it's because you have reported a non member ... I don't know. But yes, you are right, this is a 13+ site, so we would like to keep it clean. Thank you for reporting this.
When everybody is thinking the same, nobody is thinking enough!
No battle is over until I win!
"Imagination creates reality". Richard Wagner
YanaKhan

Postby Mystie.Graves » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:27 pm

Seems like with the app (which I do enjoy the convenience of) that the chat part of the App, which can only be viewed on the app even tho is for this forum, cannot be seen by mods/admins in the forum who don't use the app.

But like I said before, there should be a way to setup the plugin or admin settings in the app to block non-members from using the app only chat.

I couldn't use it on the tapatalk support without joining their support forum.

Hopefully it's an easy fix, but in the mean time I will happily notify you guys if anything else comes up. lol!
(In my Teens I modded a few forums, mostly fan stuff for whatever I was into at the time, so I know how messy it can get. LMAO!)

Overall, yes, I'm positive this is a non-member, which means it may require a change of forum-plugin/app settings to block, & maybe working with tapatalk staff to remove the content. =(

=#=Mystie.Graves=#=
=#=Mystie.Graves=#=
Mystie.Graves

Return to Suggestions/Comments