*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Suspiria (2018)

Share and discuss pagan music, TV shows, movies, and websites. You may offer your occult/witchcraft-related services here.

Suspiria (2018)

Postby birublackzoey » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:20 am

Well I just sat through this, and thought it was pretty ok in showing what it might look like being in a closed coven (masquerading as a dance academy).
Since it is a horror film, it did accentuate some elements of the witches' practices and malpractices. For the most part, it is also unsure what stream of witchcraft
they were practising, but from my very basic research, it is confounded with a (fictional) goddess cult, primarily based on three mothers, one being Mother Suspiria (Mother of Sighs)

However, what I found to be most interesting is the use of dance & bodies. while most practising today rely on visual + language to cast a spell, the film shows that the main dance titled Volk, is itself a spell in dance form.

As everything we do is centred on Intention, I don't find this to be a stretch at all, although the logistics to perform this complicated dance-spell would mean that it is not an easy one to cast - in terms of number of participants & technique of performance.

Another draw is Tilda Swinton, who plays THREE roles in this film - see whether you can spot them!
birublackzoey

Re: Suspiria (2018)

Postby Lady_Lilith » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:46 am

I've only seen the original which is one of the best witch horror movies I've seen. Inferno is good but Mother of Tears is laughable and it has nothing to do with the witches. The direction etc is so terrible it's like a B movie.
"Often I will spin a tale, never will I charge a fee. I'll amuse you an entire eve, but, alas, you won't remember me. What am I?" -Sloth
Lady_Lilith

Postby birublackzoey » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:13 pm

Lady_Lilith wrote:I've only seen the original which is one of the best witch horror movies I've seen. Inferno is good but Mother of Tears is laughable and it has nothing to do with the witches. The direction etc is so terrible it's like a B movie.

I have never seen the original, although i am aware it is a horror classic. After the new Suspiria, I am more interested in the lore of the 3 Mothers.
Any basis in history? The Maiden, The Mother, The Crone?
birublackzoey

Postby SL » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:27 pm

Lady_Lilith wrote:I've only seen the original which is one of the best witch horror movies I've seen

You probably had a good call cause I'm in the half of 2018 remake and it's just like all modern movies psychedelic and disrupted and rather boring.

birublackzoey wrote:3 Mothers.
Any basis in history? The Maiden, The Mother, The Crone?

Looks like they'd be negative counterparts of '3 graces' there'd also be '3 fates' somewhere in the middle of it. It ain't all that simple to be squished into one three-faced principle all the time. One the other hand, this would make it three times three equals nine, a magical number.
SL

Postby SL » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:02 pm

So I suffered through this movie until the end. They were using crescent hooks for some not-nice activity.
Back in 2008 springtime I believe, I did this meditation designed by local astrologist to integrate the Black Moon, or Lilith astrological part.
Now the dream that followed in the night was actually about one, rather deceitful and sinister female leader of a spiritual group that lead us into doing this bizarre thing with the aforementioned sharp crescent tool which consisted of hurting our own hip with it repeatedly (right hand to right hip I think). She did it too with her own hip. Days after the dream I was paralysed with fear but it is truth that I was very young back then. Do you have any idea if there's been such rituals taking place at that time.. I am becoming sincerely convinced that I'm rarely dreaming about archetypes but rather about real events in my proximity or something.
SL

Return to Websites, Media and Services