Thanks for the info, MoonlitOrchid. I should probably have gone into more detail concerning the history of the house. First off, we moved here recently and my mother did not seem to like the house very much, which is why reasons 2 and 3 came to mind at first. She did, however, say that the dog was acting strangely and seemed to be staring at whatever she saw. What I had seen seemed more animal rather than human in form. What she described seemed human. But yes, the history of the house... My grandmother and grandfather lived there and my dad inherited the place from them. They were both racist and my grandfather seemed to dislike women. We never got along well (because of his views, though I never said anything) and when I knew him he suffered from Dementia. One of his hobbies was hunting (another thing I hated, even before I started looking into Wicca) so, naturally there were several deer heads on the wall (fortunately those were sold). Several hunting dogs, as well as some that were kept purely as pets, have died on the property (usually old age, no instances of known abuse). Many of them were also buried on the lawn. Here are some interesting facts, though not really pertaining to the history:
1) I am having a run of bad luck, and continue to hear the Voice
2) I don't feel ill at ease in the house, nor have I had issues sleeping.
3) The home was built on limestone, with running water nearby (said to increase Spiritual activity)
4) The shadow form I saw was reminiscent of a small dog, although there could not possibly be any such animal on the property (at present, though there was in the past)
5) My grandmother (a former resident, now deceased) was quite attached to the house while alive (on the Physical Plane of Existence)
So, does this "add to" the credibility of potential paranormal activity?
Feedback would be great.
P.S. I don't really have the needed resources for smudging. However...
The experience of the "priest" was not entirely wasted. It gave me the idea for what I suppose could be called Pagan Holy Water (recipe for which can be found in my BoS, once it is posted). I might also write a prayer or chant to go with the action of sprinkling the holy water. If a Christian can bless a house, who says a Witch can't?
Blessings as Always,
Growing from mud, although challenging, offers great promise.