*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Starting Wicca...

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.

Starting Wicca...

Postby LyriaSylvain » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:05 pm

Hi, all. In my youth (as in middle school, I'm a freshman in college now) I played around with wicca for a small amount of time, because I thought it looked fun. But when I got to college I met someone who was a true wiccan, and now I want to get back into it and really learn what it's all about, but I don't really know where to start looking. I think I'm most interested in getting in touch with my "aura", and all that. I read somewhere that every Wiccan can have different gifts, someone I met can manipulate objects ("telekinesis") while others have something similar to telepathy...is that true? If so, it's very interesting. But I definitely want to get in touch with my spiritual side. Any pointers? :)
LyriaSylvain

Re: Starting Wicca...

Postby loona wynd » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:51 pm

Every one has some spiritual gift. Some are empaths and some have other gifts like a strong ability to channel and physically seeing spirits and spirit energy. We can all learn most skills and abilities, but we all have our own strengths.

As for where to start in Wicca, let me ask you this:

What drew you to Wicca?

What does Wicca mean to you?

What is your belief in the divine?

Do you want to be clergy?
loona wynd
Banned Member

Postby MsMollimizz » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:57 pm

If you want to begin again I'd suggest reading:
Scott Cunningham
Christopher Penczak
Ted Andrews

This is a starting list...
Gentle Light
:flyingwitch:
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
MsMollimizz

Postby Archanon » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:00 am

I would definitely recommend Scott Cunningham. his book the truth about witchcraft today is the first book that I have on my required reading list for my students.
There are a lot of good books out there on the basics of Wicca and our general beliefs and practices.
Archanon

Postby SpiritTalker » Sun May 20, 2018 11:02 am

Old topic bump

Everyone is unique in the same way :D There's no psychic ability quota that makes a witch but an affinity towards Nature & some empathic sensitivity are common. You start from where you're at & build on it according to your own interests. As the OP mentioned auras as an interest, "study" the auras you see. Expand your awareness. Eclectic witches dont follow a specific path. Wiccans use a recognizable ritual format, set of tools & basic altar arrangements. You can follow a structure or not. Self-discipline is helpful. You're your own boss.

Get a cheap notebook & write your feelings down. Feelings show up in the aura's colors & motion. What do you want from your witchcraft study? If you know what you are seeking then you can better direct your interests and time.

For ex: Do you want to engage in a form of worship? Then look into ritual methods and god-forms of Wicca or paganism in general. Or are you seeking an understanding of the Universe? Then look into the meditation practices & spirit travel. Do you want to learn just the craft-side of witchcraft? Then look into spell crafting. Do you seek an Earth-centered spiritual experience? Then look into shamanic witchcraft. Interested in a more aware walk through Nature? Green witchcraft can help. Recognize there are gonna be overlaps.

What blocks you? Can you fit your interest into your current life, or are changes needed? What can reasonably be changed?
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby Shekinah » Sun May 20, 2018 9:54 pm

The deeper you delve the more magickal life becomes. Wicca and Witchcraft is a powerful and exulted way of life Welcome to revelations of the Great Mysteries.

Goddess Blessings
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
Shekinah

Return to General Questions about Wicca & Magick