*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Spells without an alter?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.

Spells without an alter?

Postby pandoram » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:05 pm

Do you have to do all you spells on an alter? I'm in the process of getting all of my alter items so was wondering if I can start doing spells with the few alter items I have, or without an alter at all?
pandoram

Postby Traumwandlerin » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:49 pm

I do spells without any items or an altar. They work well ;) The only question ist if you like it this way and it fits the atmosphere you need. It's not the things you use, it's only about yourself and your ability.
Traumwandlerin

Postby Witch13 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:55 pm

I got a table i use for my rituals, its big and round so i can have lots of items there.
but practically just your floor is ok!
Witch13
Banned Member

Postby ScarlettRose » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:27 pm

I agree with these two. You really don't need an altar. It's really just a tool to help you somewhat. I don't use mine every single time I cast a spell. I don't think it's necessary. :D
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.
ScarlettRose

Postby XxSunshinexX » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:42 pm

I agree with the other posts. I don't have an altar at all because I can't afford the stuff, and don't have anywhere to put it :P It's just an aid to spells that some people like to use, in the same way that some people can use pure visulaization rather than enchantments etc (which I definitely can't!)
XxSunshinexX

Postby WitchyLady506 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:10 pm

You need nothing but will and intent. Everything else is just a representation and focusing of that will and intent.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
WitchyLady506

Postby Brenlae » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:21 pm

(´-`&#6528 wrote:You need nothing but will and intent. Everything else is just a representation and focusing of that will and intent.

Well put. :)

Me? I Have an altar, albeit a minimalistic one. I have two candles (one blue for the god, and one purple for the goddess), an offering bowl / divination bowl / cauldron (all in one) and a chalice. Since that's all I can afford until my next paycheck, it suits me fine.

Use as little or as much as you like, it's all like the poster I quoted said.

:D
Brenlae

Return to General Questions about Wicca & Magick