*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Spell bottles?

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.

Spell bottles?

Postby AlexeiAranea » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:02 pm

So I've recently come to own several empty glass bottles that I feel would be perfect for a spell bottle but I just don't know of any I could try. I'm not looking for anything fancy, basic home protection spells or peace of mind or anti anxiety or something like that would be great. Anyone have any suggestions?
Merry meet Merry part Merry meet again
AlexeiAranea

Re: Spell bottles?

Postby Sakura Blossom » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:07 pm

I would highly suggest looking into jar spells! I've done one for good luck, and I love it!

To be quite honest, you could even create your own and fill it with something that corresponds to what you are hoping to gain from this spell.

When I did my good luck spell, I filled a bottle with something that represents a dream of mine as well as herbs that represent good luck, faith and protection. I also decorated it with runes that represented luck as well, and then sealed it with candle wax and a button. All things that, to me, helped represent what I was wanting to gain.

It's a great place to start, at least!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Sakura Blossom

Postby Siona » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:13 pm

A very traditional protection spell is a witches bottle. There's a thread about them here.
I sing of you, blessed, night-winged Dream, Messenger of things to come, greatest prophet to mortals, in the quiet of sweet sleep you come silently and speak to the soul.
Siona

Postby AlexeiAranea » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:39 pm

Sakura Blossom wrote:I would highly suggest looking into jar spells! I've done one for good luck, and I love it!

To be quite honest, you could even create your own and fill it with something that corresponds to what you are hoping to gain from this spell.

When I did my good luck spell, I filled a bottle with something that represents a dream of mine as well as herbs that represent good luck, faith and protection. I also decorated it with runes that represented luck as well, and then sealed it with candle wax and a button. All things that, to me, helped represent what I was wanting to gain.

It's a great place to start, at least!

Yeah I was kind of thinking of spell bottles and jars as the same thing but a friend of mine has this protection spell jar she uses sometimes that I might try. Also the idea of making one of my own is nice. I've got 3 bottles so I think I will try to make one and see how it works. I still need to figure out how I want to do spells so a luck bottle might be a good idea. Thanks for the inspiration :)
AlexeiAranea

Postby AlexeiAranea » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:39 pm

Siona wrote:A very traditional protection spell is a witches bottle. There's a thread about them here.

Oh Hey that's perfect thank you!
AlexeiAranea

Postby AnaisStar » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:54 am

AlexeiAranea wrote:
Siona wrote:A very traditional protection spell is a witches bottle. There's a thread about them here.

Oh Hey that's perfect thank you!

Thats my witches bottle thread/spell! :D

Its one of the oldest found/recorded spells. Read up on the history of them (I mention it a little in that thread). Due to forum rules some of that spell was edited, removing some more personal items you would place in the bottle. The full version is on my blog http://acharmedexistence.blogspot.com/

Id also look into the honey jar spells. I havent done those but I know others have and they work pretty well.
AnaisStar

Return to Post a Spell or Ritual