*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Spam, chat, nonsense thread :)

Got a joke; A weird story? Like to travel? Like Games or quizzes? Well this is a place for that.

Re: Spam, chat, nonsense thread :)

Postby Bychan Wulf » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:24 pm

CleverlyDisguised wrote:I recently became a dairy free vegetarian because I get sick after eating meat

Shawn is right about getting tested. You could try a blood test that tells you how much iron do you have in your blood. If there's too much, it would explain why you can't eat meat. Still, I don't get why you gave up dairy too.

@Moon, I usually tell those who are obsessed with eating healthy, that if we were crazy enough to check what everything we eat contains, we would start eating grass which, if you go deeper into the healthy thing, can be dangerous as well (besides the fact that humans don't digest it) because of the pollution and pesticides.(it sounds way better in my native language :-P)
Still, we can avoid some really harmful elements that can do a lot of damage to the body like the aluminium ions (they oxidate and build something similar to poison), microwaves (most of us have read and heard what they do), overheated/burnt oil and so on. Not quite life changing, yet pretty effective ;-)
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
Bychan Wulf

Postby CleverlyDisguised » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:25 pm

Dairy allergy
CleverlyDisguised

Postby Shawn Blackwolf » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:00 pm

@Bychan Wulf

I think you , with your mind , would like this...

Peter is / was ( not sure if he is still alive )

Poet laureate of England , yet with a brilliant
mystical and scientifically oriented mind...

https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/1 ... nseen-real

Aaaahhh...too bad...he passed...I did not know...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Redgrove

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituar ... grove.html
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Postby SnowCat » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:30 pm

Denver hosts the second largest Comic Con in the United States. I got a lot of photo requests last year. Professor MacGonagall the first day, and Merida the second. Little girls loved getting a photo op with a real live Disney Princess.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat

Postby moonraingirl » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:00 am

What are your favourite and least favourite chores? Are you organised or messy?

I like washing clothes the best. It's pure magic when you insert dirty clothes into machine and you take them out clean and nice smelling :-) my least favourite is vacuuming. I'm sensitive to loud nioses and vacuum gets on my nerves.
moonraingirl

Postby SnowCat » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:04 am

There's something soothing about doing laundry. Maybe because the transformation from disorder to order is so visible.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat

Postby Wolf » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:17 am

All of them quite honestly. If it wasn't for Magpie I would probably sleep in a pile of my own clothes and only wash dishes as they were needed. It's organized chaos. I know exactly what is in each pile of crap I own and where in the pile it is....or rather I did anyway. Now I'm a bit more tidy than I used to be.
Wolf

Postby firebirdflys » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:15 am

Hahaha, Wolf I can relate. Sometime I call myself the messy perfectionist. Every now and then I try to get organized and when I do then everything is lost. I knew where is was before :roll:
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Postby Bychan Wulf » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:29 am

I like the idea of organised chaos. It describes my style perfectly. When I can't find my stuff any more, I love to organise everything....or when I am angry/upset. It really helps to calm down. Everybody seems to get lost in what I call organised though :-P
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
Bychan Wulf

Postby moonraingirl » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:16 am

Hehe I know that state of chaos, too :-) the moment I try to tidy up I can't find anything :-)

Usually once a year, I get into throwing out mania and I go through all the papers and books and throw away or donate at least one large bag of stuff, sometimes two. Yet, it is soon back again! I have no idea where and when that stuff multiplies! It's like they have selfish gene and reproduce when they are home alone :-)
I've just read a book by Marie Kondo, a Japanese cleaning expert. She recommends quite drastic throwing out. You have to go through ALL your possessions, one by one, hold them in hands and get rid of everything that doesn't cause joy in you. This includes old photos and sentimental things. And all the stuff you keep "in case you'll need it some day".

Although her method is a bit too much for my taste, I'm quite determined to do a huge cleaning of my space in next few days. Luckily, since I hate shopping for clothes, my wardrobe is only a fraction of what most other women have so that will be the smallest problem :-)

I will get rid of most of my books (there are many I read 10yrs ago and they sit on the shelf untouched and probably won't ever be re-read). I've sorted them a few times already and donated to library or sold, but there are still some that need to go away. The same applies to high school textbooks and heaps of university notes. I've been keeping them in case I need to revise in the future. Needless to say, they are in my bed (that space where you should put your blanket during the day) for years and I never use them...

I won't be at home during the weekend so will start next week. I'll let you guys know how much I get rid of.
moonraingirl

Postby firebirdflys » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:00 am

Oooo, ouch moonraingirl. I am still wishing I hadn't thrown out a few things in particular when I moved over to this house about 16 years ago, I would never throw a book out!...though the spring cleaning bug has got a hold of me this year and I've been boxing up stuff for storage and I'm tempted to do some major junk removal. The thing that has been fun is discovery. (OH, that's where it went :shock: ) halfsm

@CleverlyDisguised. ..have you tried lactaid? My husband uses those and swears by em. Also beef can be especially hard to digest anyway, so maybe it was the dairy and not the meat. Check on good sources of protien, one thing vegies struggle with.

Bychan Wulf wrote:microwaves (most of us have read and heard what they do)
I make my mom crazy when I visit because I insist on using the conventional oven to cook a potato or anything else she would normally "nuke"...eh, she's made 88 and still going strong, I only use it to reheat coffee and That's All ! blue_flee
Bb, Firebird
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Postby YanaKhan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:08 am

I also use microwaves to reheat and nothing else. I'm old fashioned that way. I usually cook everything from scratch and some dishes need frying, boiling and baking, so can't really do that in the microwave.
When everybody is thinking the same, nobody is thinking enough!
No battle is over until I win!
"Imagination creates reality". Richard Wagner
YanaKhan

Postby Bychan Wulf » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:23 am

@moon: I do that kind to tidying. On September, before school starts, I throw everything I forgot I possessed. If I didn’t need that thing until that moment, I will never need it, or I will just improvise something on the spot.

@Firebird and Yana, we use it for reheating too. We moved it to the still room in order to force ourselves to reheat in the traditional way. Despite all efforts, the morning milk and the coffee are still reheated there. Oh, and popcorn...that thing tastes great!
Bychan Wulf

Postby SpiritTalker » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:52 pm

I went through the Decluttering Craze when I retired. I found things I'd thought I'd lost stashed in my death-trap closet. It feels fantastic, amazing, uplifting & wonderful to let go of the "what was i keeping this for?" stuff, and hold on to only the best of the best smiles. It's funny but it all started over a can of olives.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby Oura Simone » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:59 pm

I love decluttering! Going through an extended decluttering phase right now, it feels great! Already threw out so much, but I can go further.
Oura Simone

PreviousNext

Return to Fun things